NY - Christopher Porco - Another Menandez situation? - sentenced

Alice253 said:
Are we absolutely sure Kindlon is not related to Geragos? Spews the same kind of BS.........
I figure that the defense lawyers will milk Joan for all she is worth and will keep filing these frivolous appeals and motions.

Who gives him the right to decide which victims can make an impact statement? Of course Joan does not want anyone to make a statement that is against Chris. I wouldn't want to listen to how my murdering son had ruined everyone's life,but Peter's family has just as much of a right as Joan does to speak. It is so sad how devisive these attys.have made this. They should be disbarred.

Dear Hockeymom:

Once again we find Kindlon lying! This time he lies about Peter's sister in a letter to Judge Berry...accusing her of celebrating Chris' guilty verdict in a Corvette as it sped through the streets of Albany, and further, implying that there was alcohol in the car. If I were a judge and a lawyer wrote a false character assasination to me in support of a motion, I would impose a strict fine on that lawyer and admonish him severely for his unethical behavior! Watch and see if Judge Berry (who knows Kindlon personally) imposes any sanctions on this lying, sleezy, unethical defense lawyer.

In addition, how does Kindlon get to represent the victim, Joan? He was paid and is still retained as a defense attorney for Christopher. Can a lawyer ethically represent the convicted murderer/assaulter and also represent the victim who lived through his attack? Joan has her own attorney, John Polster. (Who by the way, drives around Schenectady and Albany in the yellow Jeep with the oversized tires which was formerlly registered to Chris Porco).

Peter's sister, Patty, has not only the right, but the duty to speak for her mother, brother Steven, and herself at the sentencing of Christopher. The grief of Peter's mother and siblings is just as real as Joan's is.

Sacandaga Captain,
Again I have to tell you how terribly sorry I am for you and your family. This is like a bad dream you can not escape. You hear about these type of attys. on TV but I never thought I would see this nonsense in my own back yard. And lawyers wonder why they have such a bad rep!! The legitamate lawyers should speak up against the likes of Kindlon. He cheapens their profession.
I know this is cliche,but every dog has its day and I'm sure the people who are perpetuating this will have theirs.

OK... Here's the next juror attack...

http://www.troyrecord.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=17498626&BRD=1170&PAG=461&dept_id=7021&rfi=6

This is a collaboration between Kindlon and a local attorney who has been sanctioned by the NYS Bar Association for his unethical practices, John Aratakis.

Aratakis doesn't miss a chance for his 15 minutes of fame...He has produced for Kindlon a juror who is a sister-in-law of a his client whose father-in-law is a cousin of Kindlon's and shouldn't have been allowed to sit on the Porco jury because she knew her brother in law hated Kindlon because his father in law was a that Kindlon couldn't keep out of prison for scamming $1 million out of his friends. Does that sound as convoluted to you as it sounds to me?

If I had a brother in law whose father in law was sent to jail for embezzelment in spite of Kindlon's efforts, I would be glad the father in law was found guilty and sent to prison! Oh hell! What would I care what happened to my brother in law's father in law????? Give me a break!!!

Besides, Kindlon must have known this lady was a by-marriage in-law of an in- law relative of his no-good cousin and he let her sit on the jury without objection because she would be his "ace in the hole" should all his other smoke and mirrors tricks not work out.

Why is this attorney, Kindlon, allowed to perpetrate such autrocities upon our family? and the community at large (who is currently footing his bill) ? I am convinced Kindlon has lost his moral and mental capacities!!!! He is a plague upon the legal system! He has multiplied a hundred fold the damage resulting from Chris' crimes against his parents! It is Kindlon who has split our family apart as much as Chris' ax severed his parents' skulls.

Captain S. My thoughts are with you and your family. You have had to deal with loss in such a violent manner and now to witness Kindlon and his lack of caring perpetrating further hurt upon your family. I agree with Hockeymom that every dog has its day and hopefully it is soon.

Sacandaga Captain said:
Dear Hockeymom:

Once again we find Kindlon lying! This time he lies about Peter's sister in a letter to Judge Berry...accusing her of celebrating Chris' guilty verdict in a Corvette as it sped through the streets of Albany, and further, implying that there was alcohol in the car.

Joan has her own attorney, John Polster. (Who by the way, drives around Schenectady and Albany in the yellow Jeep with the oversized tires which was formerlly registered to Chris Porco).

Peter's sister, Patty, has not only the right, but the duty to speak for her mother, brother Steven, and herself at the sentencing of Christopher. The grief of Peter's mother and siblings is just as real as Joan's is.
Captain; as you know; the law allows Peter's sister, Patty; to testify if she wants to. This poor lady lost her brother and has patiently waited for her day in court to express her feelings about the devastation her and her loved ones were put through. I highly doubt the judge would deny this based on a potentially slanderous accusation from Kindlon or the wishes of Joan Porco. That would be a shocker and greatly tarnish the judges credibilty if he denied her to talk. But most important with this judge is the actual sentence he gives Porco(I assume the judge does the sentencing). Any leniency related to the murder charge of Peter Porco would be a disgrace, that's gotta be the max(life sentence). With Joan it also should be the max, but it's highly unusual for a victim to be on the side of the accused. This has to have the judge perplexed. And Captain; that's horrible if John Polster is driving around in the yellow jeep. I assumed it was in storage or sold to pay for lawyer bills.

Jessica said:
now to witness Kindlon and his lack of caring perpetrating further hurt upon your family. I agree with Hockeymom that every dog has its day and hopefully it is soon.
Kindlon's career has taken a real bad turn this year. He used to win some cases; including high profile cases, but this year he can't buy a win. In addition to losing the Porco case, he also lost 2 other high profile cases this year and he lost these cases badly; with his clients all facing long sentences or the max. In regard to the Porco case; everything Kindlon's doing is self serving; or at least that his intent. He's purposely getting in the news because he's trying to show the public just how hard he fights for his clients. He's hoping wealthy people will continue to hire him and his wife. But there's a problem with his strategy; he's becoming a clown...when people see him on tv; they laugh.

SheerLuck said:
...most important with this judge is the actual sentence he gives Porco(I assume the judge does the sentencing). Any leniency related to the murder charge of Peter Porco would be a disgrace, that's gotta be the max(life sentence). With Joan it also should be the max, but it's highly unusual for a victim to be on the side of the accused. This has to have the judge perplexed...
I do not think that Joan's wishes or beliefs will play any role in any of the judge's decisions.

I think that the judge will allow the sister to speak and will give Chris the maximum sentence allowed by law.

I also do not think that it is unusual for Joan to be on her son's side. Who on earth would believe that their child could commit such a horrible act?

nanandjim said:
I do not think that Joan's wishes or beliefs will play any role in any of the judge's decisions.

I think that the judge will allow the sister to speak and will give Chris the maximum sentence allowed by law.

I also do not think that it is unusual for Joan to be on her son's side. Who on earth would believe that their child could commit such a horrible act?
What I meant is that it's just so unusal for a victim of a brutally violent crime; to want leniency on the perpetrator. Victims almost always want a max sentence, but here we have a case where a victim slipped into a coma and now doesn't remember the crime and disagrees with the jury. And so the judge has a victim who will be crushed if he does the max sentence. I fully expect the max on both counts, but what an odd spot for the judge to be in

As to Peter's sister; there's no doubt the judge has got to let her speak; an immediate family member is always allowed to speak. Patty will speak; as will any other immediate family member or close friend of Peters. It's an automatic. As for Kindlon's behavior; he really appears to be ill from losing the case. This was the biggest case of his career and he appears to be having trouble with the fact that he's lost the case and that it's over. He's now become a total embarrassment to the point where people might simply start to laugh at him; when they see him on tv. There's a fine line between fighting for your client and looking like a fool. I think he's crossed that line.

Hi all,

Any news your side? Porco is due to be sentenced today! Wonder if SheerLuck will be back. Hope so!

Check in later,

Polk.

SheerLuck said:
What I meant is that it's just so unusal for a victim of a brutally violent crime; to want leniency on the perpetrator. Victims almost always want a max sentence, but here we have a case where a victim slipped into a coma and now doesn't remember the crime and disagrees with the jury. And so the judge has a victim who will be crushed if he does the max sentence. I fully expect the max on both counts, but what an odd spot for the judge to be in

As to Peter's sister; there's no doubt the judge has got to let her speak; an immediate family member is always allowed to speak. Patty will speak; as will any other immediate family member or close friend of Peters. It's an automatic. As for Kindlon's behavior; he really appears to be ill from losing the case. This was the biggest case of his career and he appears to be having trouble with the fact that he's lost the case and that it's over. He's now become a total embarrassment to the point where people might simply start to laugh at him; when they see him on tv. There's a fine line between fighting for your client and looking like a fool. I think he's crossed that line.

Hi SheerLuck. I am sorry I missed this post (very compelling writing - I agree with you 100%). So Kindlon is receding, eh? Not surprising, and sorry if that sounds harsh but he's an intelligent man. He knew what he was taking on; he was able to join the dots.

He chose not to. Karma is what Karma is. To wish ill breaks the karma; so I do not wish ill. Just wish he'd got his client to fess up - or walk away from the case!

Hopefully we'll meet later in the day. If not, and you get to read this, been a pleasure interacting and I wish you a good, warm, safe and festive Christmas. Let's hope Porco gets max and Joan heals inwardly as well as outwardly.

Best, Polk.

PolkSaladAnnie said:
Hi all,

Any news your side? Porco is due to be sentenced today! Wonder if SheerLuck will be back. Hope so!

Hey PSA; I'm still here but hard to post and communicate when site doesn't work well. Here's a news story from local paper today. As expected the judge ignored Kindlon's highly obnoxious and legally slanderous request to deny Porco's aunt from testifying. Interestingly the judge has also allowed the 6 hour police interrogation to be released. I'd guess this means the max because the 6 hour interrogation will probably be the nail in the coffin. It'll show just how calculating and inhuman Porco is and maybe that he planned the crime and pushed for the mafia angle as well? This should ruin any shot at a successful appeal(hopefully). Even if an an appeal had even a sliver of hope; this will really destroy it. Ordering the interrogation to be released might be a message from the judge to Kindlon; to take a hike and give it up. Regardless; Kindlon is an egotistcal robot and will appeal probably within a few days after the life sentence. here's article:

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=543565&category=&BCCode=HOME&newsdate=12/11/2006

Steve2010 said:
Just released -

Transcripts of the six-hour long interview of CP by the Detectives

http://content.capitalnews9.com/pdfs/TRANSCRIPT_OF_VIDEOTAPED_INTERVIEW.pdf
Thanx Steve; I guess the full effect would be an actual video. The state police investigator was so quick to know Porco was a patholgical liar and really had it all figured out and Porco even admitted he didn't know why he lied to impress people. Incredible how fast they had all the e-mail evidence and loan stuff. Porco didn't know when interrogated that his frat mates had decided at the last minute to rent movies and stay up till 3:00 a.m. in the lounge. That's what buried his alibi. Ironic near the end; how Porco said if the circumstantial evidence is strong enough; whoever did it should go to jail for a very long time.

I hope now there can be some healing for the family. Sacandaga Captain,if you are still reading here,you must know we are all thinking of you on this day. Obviously the pain and horror will never go away,but I hope this is the beginning of a better time for you and your family.

Steve2010 said:
50 years to life.

Can someone please explain why the sentence is 50 years to lfe and not simply a life sentence with no parole? In New York 50 years can be 45 and then in New York they sometimes whittle these 50 year sentences down for good behavior; so 50 years could 40. Am I wrong or could the judge have simply done a life sentence with no parole?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaPrirl
Back