GUILTY NY - Leiby Kletzky, 8, Brooklyn, 11 July 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brooklyn is easy to get around if you have a car. Thanks for the links Cubby. Starett City are glorified projects. They have huge apartment buildings that are mostly African American and Island immigrants. Lots of problems in that area, also an area where kids are allowed to roam around.

Even though it's a "projects" type thing, it does seem to have a tight community.

having a son the same age, this is heartbreaking on so many levels. it is so hard to understand how monsters like this exist. a bad day for humanity.

Brooklyn is easy to get around if you have a car. Thanks for the links Cubby. Starett City are glorified projects. They have huge apartment buildings that are mostly African American and Island immigrants. Lots of problems in that area, also an area where kids are allowed to roam around.

Even though it's a "projects" type thing, it does seem to have a tight community.

You're welcome. Being from the Chicago area myself it was pretty apparent they looked like "projects". Though not being a local when I did the google street view in the immediate area of the day camp from which Lieby went missing it looked like an area that might be in the process of gentrification due to some boarded up windows and graffiti while other buildings looked similiar to recent upgrade expensive condo conversions in the Chgo area. But I also understand in large cities like NY or Chicago neighborhoods can change from block to block.

I appreciate very much your sharing a local perspective on this case Chewy, and I mean no disrespect in my above comments. They are just my perspective from a non local outsider looking in.

He was pegged as nabe creep
Suspect known in B'klyn as weird around children

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/...be_creep_ZKRpvaBlyC2HHMzHNm7bQI#ixzz1S3e3g6v4

I'll probably catch some heat for this, but look at his likes! Lady GaGa, Glee and Karaoke? He's either a teenage girl OR has latent homosexual tendencies which can erupt in some very negative ways when accompanied by guilt and shame (Dahmer??)
My brother is gay and it may sound stereotypical, but IMHO, between this article (could be my brother's FB page!) and the fact that his ex wife said their relationship was more like "brother and sister" I think he was dealing with some major psychological issues concerning his sexuality. *JMO*
Of course, no excuse for what happened, but we've seen how sexual confusion, sexual frustration and sexual guilt drives a SK. Let's hope this was his first....

this is where one can see the downside of this tightly knit community. people say he was a creep giving neighborhood kids rides in the past. I can only surmise that the practice went on as long as it did because Aron was Orthodox and the people did not want to assume the worst.

trust me, if a non-Orthodox person had offered rides, their own street patrols would have been out looking for the creep.

The idea of a Monday wedding is unusal to me. It has been reported that LA lived in the second floor or attic apartment in a building owned by his father. Maybe LA's dad was at the wedding for a few days including Monday leaving LA with the place to himself and that is how the wedding ties in.

it might be unusual for Gentiles, but I've gone to 2 Orthodox weddings, both in Brooklyn and both were on weekdays.

cte_leiby_map.jpg

Man, he really went the wrong way

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local...letzky_8_found_in_dumpster_in_park_slope.html

Thanks for putting this map up. Poor little guy was going in the wrong direction to meet his mom and dad. So sad that he must have been scared and then relieved to find "a nice man" to take him where he wanted to go. Then being terrified and ...

One of my sons & his new wife live just on the other side of Prospect Park. I spent most of the month of June between there and at my other son's apartment in Williamsburg... wedding was June 11 in NJ.

I always rent a car when I visit them and we'd driven several times through Leiby's neighborhood to get to various places.

Some one above said how there's always groups of small children everywhere walking the sidewalks and it's so true.

I remember being stopped at a stoplight watching them, some in groups, but particularly there were 2, a small boy and girl walking hand in hand by themselves.

I mentioned to my son how adorable they all were in their matching outfits, shoes, hats and bookbags.

I also said how safe the community must be for all their parents to allow them to walk the sidewalks with no adults with them.

Now I just keep thinking about Leiby..... and how wrong I was.

Patrick went missing from the Spring Creek development, which according to google is also known as Starett City. Google lists an address in the 100 block of Schroeders Ave. It is possible LA trolled neighborhoods outside his own for possible victims. Patrick would have been vulnerable to a predator having been in foster care and having been known to go looking for his momma. LE has said they have looked into LA being tied to other missing children and have found no ties. (hopefully that means no ties yet) I don't see how LE could make that determination in less than 48 hours. I certainly hope LE will process his car and apartment to determine if there is possible evidence of other children having been victim.

Here is a link to the post with the location Patrick went missing.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NY NY - Patrick Alford, 7-year-old "runaway", Brooklyn, 22 Jan 2010 - #1

Thank you, Cubby for the info!

Thanks for the pictures and links to the funeral procession and ceremony. I find it very interesting the genders are segregated for funerals. I noticed on the streets and inside the pictures were all men. I went to a shul (as a visitor) where men and women had to sit separately during the service but didn't realize this pertained to funerals as well.

I assume there must be some comfort to his poor family with such a tremendous outpouring of love and support for them.

I don't buy the story about taking Leiby to a wedding monday night in Monsey. People came in from Monsey to search...as tight and close knit as Hassidim are, I can't imagine that even those celebrating a wedding were not aware that Leiby was missing.

So I cannot fathom that this , who claims he only killed Leiby when he panicked over the amount of press and coverage surrounding his disappearance, would have brought this missing child outside of that house of horrors again.

And I too have a feeling this was sexually motivated.

"So I asked if he wanted to go for the ride -- (a) wedding in Monsey -- since I didn't think I was going to stay for the whole thing since my back was hurting. He said OK," Aron told police.

http://http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/07/14/national/main20079404.shtml

Surely LE has tracked down this alleged wedding LA is referring to. Claiming that he took Leiby with him could certainly be checked out. It seems odd that he would come up with this as part of his confession, along with the time of 11:20 pm as the return time to his apartment Monday night.

These details are so tough to read. My mind and my heart are filled with "if only....", to the extreme of wishing I had been at that wedding and could have rescued dear Leiby. None of it is rational thinking on my part, but it is what this sort of tragedy does to me. :eek:hdear:

Pretty sad to think we have to think along these lines. As a mother to a son, I hate thinking I would have to choose a gender or teach my son MEN are the bad guys. Not all are, so I would have to include dads with small kids too. There are lots of great SAHD's out there too these days and their numbers are growing. I see a lot of helicoptor dads in my neighborhood.

We tell our kids exactly this and the reason for it isnt that Men are bad. Statistically a woman with kids is more likely to stay with your child until the situation is resolved whereas a man will find someone in authority and he's done. These are generalities of course, but its about the best odds. Its from the book "protecting the gift" by Gavin de Becker. All parents and people that deal with children should read this book.

Here is a different picture of LA being taken away.

I had been catching up on the thread last night, and I noticed in this article that there were some details that had not been discussed here, like the indication of a rope being used (ligature marks on the remains, or an indication the rope(s)?)

I also noticed this, regarding the bags of bloody towels that was confiscated from LA's apartment.

It appears the sweet child fought, and put up a fight, according to the SOB. :(

In his confession, Aron spun a bizarre and improbable tale, claiming he simply offered to give Leiby a lift to a Jewish bookstore, then invited him to a wedding in upstate Monsey.

He claimed they got back late "so I brought him to my house, thinking I'd bring him to his house the next day," according to the statement obtained by NBC New York.

By then, a huge search was underway, and Aron claims he was afraid to bring the boy home. He made him a tuna sandwich - then smothered him.

"He fought back a little," he wrote. "Afterwards, I panicked because I didn't know what to do with the body."
Aron nodded toward the kitchen, where a horrific sight awaited police. In an otherwise empty fridge, they found three stained carving knives and a gore-smeared cutting board.

The boy's feet were in bags in the freezer. A garbage bag was filled with bloody towels.

Detectives believe Aron's statement is not entirely true. They think Leiby was killed on Monday, not Tuesday, and that Aron did not take the boy to the wedding in Monse
alg_perp2.jpg

Joe Marino/News

Levi Aron (right), charged with the murder of Leiby Kletzky (below), is taken from the 67th Precinct by authorities on Wednesday night.

Leiby Kletzky murder: Cops aren't convinced alleged killer's confession is entirely true

BY Rocco Parascandola, Matthew Nestel, John Lauinger and Helen Kennedy
DAILY NEWS WRITERS

alg_levi_perp_walk.jpg

Thursday, July 14th 2011, 9:29 AM
Joe Marino for News

Aron, who turned 35 Wednesday, gave cops a chilling confession, describing in graphic detail how he suffocated the child with a bath towel and carved up the body in a "panic."

He also gave a video-taped confession in which he was unemotional and deadpan, sources said.

"He spoke matter of factly. He was not crying or anything like that," said a source.

Investigators searched his body for cuts and bruises and collected a DNA sample. They also seized his computer and pulled his cell phone records.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_..._killers_confession_is_entirely_t.html?r=news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member