Obama clinches nomination

"scary" how so?
He is a good speaker and can make you believe anything. He speaks about change but has no specifics. He will say and do ANYTHING to become President. For example, he wouldn't wear a flag lapel pin because he had a moral objection until, of course, it started becoming a big deal about a month ago then Poof! one appeared on his lapel. He leaves his church of 20+ years because of the minister's remarks. Why didn't these remarks bother him during those 20 years? Probably because they didn't and he only disengaged himself the both ministers and the church because it helped him politically. His own pastor (who Obama stated was his mentor and made him a Christian) who has known him for over 20 years says that he is saying anything for political reasons. The pastor issues is another thing. If Pastor Wright was his mentor and he associated him for over 20 years don't you think he would share a lot of the same views and/or associations? I do. There are other associations that Obama has that are questionable - he is friends with one of the major slumlords in Chicago; he is also friends with a gentlemen the Justic Dept. has investigated as a terrorist. Having a vague or random introduction with one extremist might be something you could shake off. But, IMO, Obama has more than one questionable association that could feasibily have led to broader base of like minds. That is scary! Don't get me going....I have a whole encyclopedia on why Obama isn't what he says he is. By the way, he is half white so technically IMO he is not the first black candidate. As someone said previously Jessie Jackson and Rev. Sharpton are probably taking offense to that right now.

Then you realize your vote will be meaningless, right?
Not anymore meaningless than voting the the primaries. Your votes did not decide who the candidate is - the superdelegates are deciding that for you. At least by voting for Hillary I am not giving up my ideals and my morals. I think we should start a "WRIT HER IN" campaign on the internet and get everyone who voted for her and independents to vote for Hillary. Then maybe the Democratic party would look at the popular vote and listen to what the people have to say.

Not anymore meaningless than voting the the primaries. Your votes did not decide who the candidate is - the superdelegates are deciding that for you. At least by voting for Hillary I am not giving up my ideals and my morals. I think we should start a "WRIT HER IN" campaign on the internet and get everyone who voted for her and independents to vote for Hillary. Then maybe the Democratic party would look at the popular vote and listen to what the people have to say.

I like Hillary because she is such a fighter, determined, and confident. These are qualities that I want in a president. I don't want charm and jokes. I'd follow her right out of the Democratic party if she ran as an Independent.
I'm disgusted with the Dem leadership at this point. And there is no way I'm looking at McCain.
I think there is a site called "vote both" urging action for her as VP.

I like Hillary because she is such a fighter, determined, and confident. These are qualities that I want in a president. I don't want charm and jokes. I'd follow her right out of the Democratic party if she ran as an Independent.
I'm disgusted with the Dem leadership at this point. And there is no way I'm looking at McCain.
I think there is a site called "vote both" urging action for her as VP.
I could swallow Hillary as Vice President if she is cool with it. Obama is going to need someone to stand up to him or he can turn to when his inexperience shows. She would be our watchdog. If she doesn't get VP he can look at losing easily 20% or more of the Dems that voted for her (if the exit polls can be believed). Probably more if there was some sabotaging by the Repubs. That would be a big hit.

I could swallow Hillary as Vice President if she is cool with it. Obama is going to need someone to stand up to him or he can turn to when his inexperience shows. She would be our watchdog. If she doesn't get VP he can look at losing easily 20% or more of the Dems that voted for her (if the exit polls can be believed). Probably more if there was some sabotaging by the Repubs. That would be a big hit.

They've managed to create a potential pool of disaffected voters, to be sure.
I'm not as angry at Obama as I am with the meddling by that idiot panel last weekend and the super delegates and Dean.

Sorry, but I didn't vote in the primaries. McCain was already in by the time they got to Texas.

Good, I intend to vote for her as an Independent or a write-in candidate, because I may defect from the Democratic Party as a 29 year member (who's never voted Republican before) and vote for McCain anyway! You CANNOT shove Obama down our throats just because he's more popular/gives good speech/was annointed by the media! The man is truly scary and I will never vote for him!:razz:

I never thought I was shoving Obama down anyone's throats. I was merely commented like everyone else about what happened last night and then I responded to another comment where I barely mentioned Obama. I don't think that is shoving it down anyone's throats. I even said that if Hillary got the nomination I would support her 100% and talked about how much respect I have for her. Personally, I think you are acting like sore loser and being very hostile for no reason.

Out of curousity - what policies of Barack Obama's are so scary....many of them are very similar to Clinton's.

I never thought I was shoving Obama down anyone's throats. I was merely commented like everyone else about what happened last night and then I responded to another comment where I barely mentioned Obama. I don't think that is shoving it down anyone's throats. I even said that if Hillary got the nomination I would support her 100% and talked about how much respect I have for her. Personally, I think you are acting like sore loser and being very hostile for no reason.

Out of curousity - what policies of Barack Obama's are so scary....many of them are very similar to Clinton's.
Maybe you aren't personally, but the big wigs of the DNC, and their bogus rules about Michigan and Florida, and Nancy Pelosi and Howard Dean are shoving Obama down our thoats! Just because he's a Democrat doesn't mean he's without scandal or even a nice guy! This is NOT about being a sore loser!:furious:
I had said previously I would support Obama should he get the nomination until I learned who he really is. Obama's affiliations are what are so scary, and don't tell me in sitting in Rev. Wright's pews for 20 years, without walking out when he got on his soapbox, that Obama didn't absorb any of those beliefs!

Then you realize your vote will be meaningless, right?

Since learning this evening of her intention to concede, I do realize this, however it would be a symbolic vote since I have problems with both candidates; hence I've adopted Hallowedbe's slogan: Someone else for President! Although McCain is the lesser of two evils, I still cannot abide by his positions on abortion, guns, and gay marriage.

Since learning this evening of her intention to concede, I do realize this, however it would be a symbolic vote since I have problems with both candidates; hence I've adopted Hallowedbe's slogan: Someone else for President! Although McCain is the lesser of two evils, I still cannot abide by his positions on abortion, guns, and gay marriage.

You're right about the symbolic vote and not to mention your absolute right to vote for whomever you choose! We've still got a ton of time to go, so I guess all of us can change our minds depending on what happens over these next LONG months! Personally, I was a lot closer to Rudy G. when it comes to the positions on abortion, guns and gay marriage.

Ok, so what John McCain has to do now is pick Condi as his VP....that way he can beat the possible Obama/Clinton machine with experience, a female AND an African American! Wouldn't that be the ultimate strategy!

Ok, so what John McCain has to do now is pick Condi as his VP....that way he can beat the possible Obama/Clinton machine with experience, a female AND an African American! Wouldn't that be the ultimate strategy!

Wow, damn good idea.

I don't know, it seems to me the African Americans who will vote for Berry because he is too, hate hate hate oreo conservative african Americans more than whitey

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back