GUILTY OH - Blake, 17, & Blaine Romes, 14, Ottawa, 9 May 2013

Wow, OK, so that raises a lot of new questions and introduces a new potential POI who needs to be cleared (or not), and probably also explains why MAF wasn't arrested right away. Who is this ex-bf? Is he MAF's father? Could he be angry at VF and taking revenge for Her "switching teams" but not on his own son? How long ago did this change happen? Was it amicable or was there animosity?

Toxicology Tests Pending in Deaths of 2 Teens

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2013/05/14/Toxicology-tests-pending-in-deaths-of-2-teens.html

"Dr. Anna Horstman, Putnam County coroner, said the Lucas County Coroner’s Office completed autopsies on Blaine and Blake Romes, ages 14 and 17, respectively, whose bodies were found after another teen pointed authorities to their locations.

But the coroner, like other officials involved in the case, remained tight-lipped Monday regarding details."

Hmm, I wonder what that's all about.

Really really sad. :( The 911 call is not nice to hear knowing the outcome. I really wonder what transpired over course of the evening while the Mom was at work or what had been going on in the house since he Fay moved in a month ago. How did he obtain access to the gun from the storage unit?

Newly released info:

"Mr. Lammers said each teen was shot once, and that one of the boys was strangled.

The Fay youth allegedly hid the body of Blake in a crawl space under the trailer and put the body of his brother in a ditch near County Road 7, about a mile east of Ottawa, the prosecutor said.

Blake's body was found not too far from the back entry on the west side of the mobile home, an entry that Officer Kottenbrock stopped at after he followed a trail of blood from the bedroom.

Looking out, he saw tire tracks and reported "it appeared as if something was drug through the grass." The tire tracks led away from the mobile home trailer"

Read more at http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-F...tnam-County-brothers.html#5QS7tKmzkMyTRyB4.99

So WHY did he kill these boys?
Then pleads not guilty!
Im confused!

So WHY did he kill these boys?
Then pleads not guilty!
Im confused!

A not guilty plea is standard this early in a case. It doesn't mean anything one way or another, other than buying both sides more time to investigate and negotiate.

This happened in a town I could ride my bicycle to when I was a kid. It's hard for me to believe it would happen in such an insanely small and peaceful village... but... meth and mental illnesses are casting a dark side onto everyplace i guess...

I was looking for an update on this tragedy & just re-read all the posts.
Hearing has been re-scheduled for July 2

He's accused of killing 17-year-old Blake Romes and 14-year-old Blaine Romes in their home in Ottawa on May 9. Both were shot in the head. Police found the bodies after Fay was apprehended in Columbus and pointed officers to them.

Prosecutors accuse Fay of planning the killings and committing them with purpose.

Why on earth would this boy plan these murders ahead of time? From what I've read he doesn't have a criminal history, seems he was well-liked (well, before these charges). I just don't get what would posses a 17 yr old kid to plan on murdering his friends/step-brothers

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back