GUILTY OK - 4 dead, many injured when car crashed into crowd at OSU homecoming parade

How exactly would somebody sue the employer? As far as I can tell the employer claims she didn't look impaired when she left.

How much time had passed between when she left for work and when the crash occurred?

As for how exactly someone would attempt to sue the employer... look around. It happens all the time. I think it's precisely the reason he's saying "She was fine when she left work."

In the PC, Madison Atwell is doing better and the rest seems to be a general commercial for the medical center.

How much time had passed between when she left for work and when the crash occurred?

As for how exactly someone would attempt to sue the employer... look around. It happens all the time. I think it's precisely the reason he's saying "She was fine when she left work."

My point is, so far there is only a report (a not on msm) of some anonymous person claiming that driver was told to go home because employer believed her to be on drugs, and employer is denying she looked impaired.

I'm struggling to not rush to judgement about this tragedy...but, it's difficult.

If she was not drunk, on any meds , have a physical problem (aneurysm) , or the car didn't malfunction --- could this have been intentional ?
Most likely the hospital did blood/urine tests.

:moo:

Rest gently ; Nash, Nikita, Marvin and Bonnie !

Since she is in jail, I am pretty sure we can safely rule out medical problems such as aneurysm (that's life threatening and she would be in a hospital with doctors fighting for her life). From what police said, they believe her be under the influence of something other than alcohol. So most likely either legal or illegal drugs were involved based on the information we have now.

The fact that the charges are manslaughter and not homicide indicate to me that LE does not believe it was intentional.

Of course, the charges can be upped if evidence comes to light that it was.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/25/us/oklahoma-car-into-crowd/

'' Adacia Avery Chambers of Stillwater, had been charged with driving under the influence and remained in the city jail.'''

ETA I do not mean for my post to sound snarky or ugly. I think it's natural to want to hope some other force created a tragedy like this and not human error and/ or negligence or reckless behavior. But the fact is people are driving under the influence all the time, all over the place and these preventable ' accidents' happen. Imho the pharmacy is becoming more dangerous than the liquor store when it comes to driving.

BBM

True. Even years later, people are still trying to frame Diane Schuler's behavior as the result of some kind of medical problem, even though her tox screen provides plenty of evidence that her actions are explained by drug and alcohol intoxication. The phantom toothache continues to be offered up as some kind of mitigating factor.

But she's a young, white woman....There is going to be a lot of excuses made for her. A black man who plowed into a crowd in Austin, TX is facing the death penalty. It will be interesting to see the differences in charges and outrage.

I am equally outraged. Are the charges for the man in Austin Murder? I remember the case because my child was at a similar local concert at that time. Do they claim he did it intentionally ? I think I remember that being the case. I am almost wondering if this perp had a fight with bf and became despondent and took some ' pills' and wanted to end it all..... a little dramatic but these things do happen. If that is the case her charges will go way up . ** wild speculation**

I am equally outraged. Are the charges for the man in Austin Murder? I remember the case because my child was at a similar local concert at that time. Do they claim he did it intentionally ? I think I remember that being the case. I am almost wondering if this perp had a fight with bf and became despondent and took some ' pills' and wanted to end it all..... a little dramatic but these things do happen. If that is the case her charges will go way up . ** wild speculation**

That is what I have been thinking.

This?

Man who plowed car into crowd at SXSW charged with capital murder
http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/13/us/texas-sxsw-crash/

A driver who plowed into a crowded street at a popular festival in Austin this week, killing two people, was charged with capital murder, police said Friday.

OMG. :(

Mods ** Please assist . Is it ok to post mom's facebook since it was in MSM ? Mom's apparently active duty and has to leave the hospital to go back to service. That's just so upsetting. I'll report this post in case mods say it's not ok. The fb is within the article above. I just didn't know if it was ok to discuss the contents of the fb page. Sorry if not. TIA

Yes TY for link and here is why the elevated charges ''Owens allegedly plowed through a barricade while attempting to flee police and and struck crowds listening to music just after midnight Wednesday.''''

In the commission of another crime , all charges are elevated.

Yes, he did it absolutely on purpose. Then there was talk about how to make the festival safer - how to put up MORE barricades, more signage, etc., and then the city just said there's no way you can protect the public from someone who doesn't care if they run over people. The double barricades weren't the problem - the problem was this guy just flat out wanted to slam through them, regardless if there was a crowd he ran over in the process.

So what's he going to do? Try an insanity defense for her?

It's interesting that he notes she was dealing with sleeplessness. I'm thinking Ambien sounds more and more likely.

It's interesting that he notes she was dealing with sleeplessness. I'm thinking Ambien sounds more and more likely.

I know. How many stories have we heard about people driving while on Ambien? People can take it and it's not like being drunk where they're stumbling around and slurring their words. It can really mess with people. I wonder if she were taking it, it wasn't working so she took more than was prescribed. MOO.

So what's he going to do? Try an insanity defense for her?

If her employer speaks highly of her and she's a good worker then she's competent enough to drive a car. No way would they try an insanity defense.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rockymountaingirl
Back