OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
what about credit card trasactions that had been made. Might indicate they were taking a trip, or they just bought a bunch of grocries meaning planning on staying home. I am thinking that a whole family abduction is odd, you would think that there would be a ransom or somthing. And to take the whole wouldnt you think the dad would have his wallet in his pocket, and phone in a pocket? I also think the dog would have gotten out of the car. Either way it has been long enough that the outcome isnt looking good. My theory is that dad got into fight with son and killed him maybe an accident? Then knowing that the wife would know of the murder he had to kill them as well. By driving the truck out to the property he can take the light off of him and make it look like the family got lost.

Yes, another key, I agree, is the father-son relationship. But I'm just guessing that the solution as to why they disappeared lies in the immediate area of where the vehicle was found, in Latimer County, not far from Red Oak, and on that mountain.

Does anyone know if the local that posted in a few days ago that knew Sherrilyn has been back at all? I was curious how her(Sherrilyn's) mother was doing and if she is indeed still in town.

A Eufala /Topix thread ("Massive Search Starts for Missing Oklahoma Family") has a couple of interesting pages with posts about the search and the terrain---pages four and five, especially.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/eufaula-ok/TIIDQ5BE5HPVJVPMQ

#88 on page 4 is especially good on the possiblity of a mine accident; he basically says they might have sheltered from the rain in an exposed shaft and were overcome by the methane fumes which seep from closed shafts, and which may have "overtook and suffocated them."

Yeah, I'm leaning with 1) one of them meant to disappear, or 2) which I think is more the case, the truck was left there and abandoned. And I wonder who in the heck drove by and saw that dog all those days and did nothing. (if in fact someone did) Why was the dog left in there?? What is the reason??

Yeah, I'm leaning with 1) one of them meant to disappear, or 2) which I think is more the case, the truck was left there and abandoned. And I wonder who in the heck drove by and saw that dog all those days and did nothing. (if in fact someone did) Why was the dog left in there?? What is the reason??

I agree, the dog in the vehicle for so many days really bothers me, too. But I think they were abducted either from the vehicle or at another spot and the vehicle was dumped where it was found, and the dog may have been left to create the illusion that the owner was returning soon if anyone passed by. But that poor black and white dog!

I can see leaving a dog in a car as some sort of "staging" but not a substantial amount of money. Even a Big Time Drug gangster isn't going to walk away from that kind of money. If some local meth-cooker or other lowlife, killed them for reasons other than robbery, I would expect them to check out the truck for guns or other things of value people might hide in their vehicle. From what I have read, there was no indication that anyone have "gone over" the car. It appeared to have been just left there unmolested. If they suffered "foul play", it must have happened elsewhere and the perps were unaware of the truck (or its location).

Are we sure what the substancial amount was yet? Still all speculation? I think the vehicle was dumped as a stage. I see no other reason why the purse and wallet and all cell phones would be in there. I am wondering if who ever put the truck out there used the gps because they knew that it would start a hunt for them in a place that they knew no bodies would be found, but also a place where he knew the famlily had been looking to buy land at.

Are we sure what the substancial amount was yet? Still all speculation? I think the vehicle was dumped as a stage. I see no other reason why the purse and wallet and all cell phones would be in there. I am wondering if who ever put the truck out there used the gps because they knew that it would start a hunt for them in a place that they knew no bodies would be found, but also a place where he knew the famlily had been looking to buy land at.
==================
No money amount known.
LE say substantial.

I'm leaning towards a scenario where they left the truck to look at some land, wandered a ways out, got lost or hurt and died, probably of exposure.

1. No one tried to hide or rob the truck. No one did anything with the dog in order to keep from drawing attention to the truck.

2. The searchers haven't come upon any illegal operation of any kind.

3. There's no evidence of foul play, no motives for murder that we know of.

4. The weather was extremely changeable at that time, hot and then very unseasonably cold and rainy. The terrain is dangerous, too.

My theory about this could change, though, if new information comes out.

Bobby Dale Jamison had a protective order placed on Bob Dean Jamison on May 1, 2009. This was issued as "out of county". Talking with a friend today about this case, she thought it was his mother they moved here from Ok City, not her mom, as I had said earlier. If in fact is was his mother they moved to Eufaula, this protective order would possibly be from his father. They moved her there to get her away from him.

Bobby Dale Jamison had a protective order placed on Bob Dean Jamison on May 1, 2009. This was issued as "out of county". Talking with a friend today about this case, she thought it was his mother they moved here from Ok City, not her mom, as I had said earlier. If in fact is was his mother they moved to Eufaula, this protective order would possibly be from his father. They moved her there to get her away from him.

Junebug1 Thank you ! That gives me a different angle. Do we know how old Bobby's father is ?
Is he fit enough to do something to the family in order to get his wife back?
This would def. cause some friction in the family...

Question about the mines in the area:

Is it possible that there could have been some kind of underground collapse in an offshooting vein of a mine, and if the family was there looking at property, they could have all been "dropped" into something similiar to a sink hole?

I realize that this is probably off the wall, but is it a possibility?

The Red Oak area has 100% chance of precipitation today, which won't help search efforts.

I like STEADFAST's reasoning, although we don't really know if the searchers have found anything resembling illegal operations. LE in OK is tight-lipped at the best of times. As for the dog--we're here to speculate.

At this point, yes, we only know that they are missing, perhaps voluntarily so. But the sheriff referring to the money at the outset signals that LE thinks something is deeply amiss, beyond their becoming lost or injured while out for a jaunt.

As for my little theories, I perhaps should attach to all of them the caveat that, in real life, I couldn't find my way out of a room with four doors, three of them wide open and the other ajar, unless I lucked my way into an exit.

But there's something deeply hinky about what we know of this case so far.

Interesting comment on Eufala/Topix (#46, http://www.topix.com/forum/city/eufaula-ok/TG34MQO0NEGKU8R1G/p3) about a remembered incident ten years ago involving property and murder in the general area. Go back a page for a fiery defense of rural Oklahomans (#30), especially in re: the truck having gone unreported for days.

I am subscribed to that thread and it never fails to get interesting over there at Topix huh? : )

At least people are still talking about this family. It's not looking too good.

I am subscribed to that thread and it never fails to get interesting over there at Topix huh? : )

At least people are still talking about this family. It's not looking too good.

You're right, a lively bunch they are, though not many spellers among them! Which is fine of course---the important thing is keeping awareness that this is ongoing, and that information can be the key to the case.

Amazing that this has gotten so little play nationally. Disgusting, actually, but we're used to being ignored here in OK.

Do we know if Tim Miller is still there searching for this family?

Man, I have not been able to get on here for a while and I was REALLY hoping that when I logged on tonight, that they would have been found by now. GEEEZZZ I am bummed. Any new news even?

Someone is posting on the Topix thread referenced above that the mystery is over and the outcome is sad, but no details. Why do people do stuff like that? Seems to me that if you aren't going to say what you're talking about, there is no point in saying that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WiseThread07