PA PA - Jamie Peterson, 30, Ross, 26 Sept 2011

This is probably a kind of far fetched idea, but I keep wondering if Jamie's disappearance might be in some way linked to the possible serial rapist in Ross Township. A lot of time passed between the time that Jamie disappeared and the time that these attacks started, and I'm not sure where Jamie lived in relation to where these attacks have occurred, but the thought just keeps nagging at me.

This man seems to be targeting women who are returning to their houses after being out for a time, and it seems that Jamie had been out to the grocery store before she disappeared.

I'm not convinced the two things are related, but it's a thought. Here's a link to the news story about the attacks:

http://www.wtae.com/news/30158604/detail.html

Okay, here's a link to a map that shows the distance between North Fremont Ave (not sure where exactly on this street Jamie lived) and the Cascade Apartments where one of these attacks took place. The two are pretty close. That being said, Jamie disappeared in September and these attacks, as far as we know, started within the past week or so.

link

This is probably a kind of far fetched idea, but I keep wondering if Jamie's disappearance might be in some way linked to the possible serial rapist in Ross Township. A lot of time passed between the time that Jamie disappeared and the time that these attacks started, and I'm not sure where Jamie lived in relation to where these attacks have occurred, but the thought just keeps nagging at me.

This man seems to be targeting women who are returning to their houses after being out for a time, and it seems that Jamie had been out to the grocery store before she disappeared.

I'm not convinced the two things are related, but it's a thought. Here's a link to the news story about the attacks:

Don't have a whole lot of time to post, but I saw this last night & wanted to say - - When word of these rapes surfaced, I also wondered if they were in someway connected to Jamie. It's my understanding that DNA is in the process of being....processed - which I hope leads to a perp. When he's caught I hope he's grilled about Jamie Peterson. While these rapes are fairly recent and Jamie's been missing since the end of September, I don't believe this perps behavior just started, KWIM? I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought there may be a connection.

The thought occurred to me, too, but the methodology just doesn't seem to jive. It's unfortunate...Ross Twp, and the North Hills as a whole, have always been considered to be 'safe'. Don't get me wrong, they have their issues. I lived in the North Hills for several years, from Bakerstown (which I LOVED and would probably move back to in a heartbeat) to Shaler and there's always been your drug rumors (even in the most yuppie areas), the occasional armed robbery, but for the most part, a safe place to live. It is, therefore, unnerving and disturbing that Ross Twp has made the news too often in the past 6 months or a year, and not for anything good. I've remarked to my sister more than once, "what the heck is going on in Ross Twp these days".

I know people who moved there because it's 'safe', but I don't think Jamie's disappearance and the Ross Twp rapist are related but, rather, just another part of what is happening to so many areas of the 'burgh that were, until recent years, blissfully immune to the rampant crime that has infiltrated so many of our previously perceived 'safe' communities. Heck, look at Penn Hills 10-20 years ago, look at it now.

But I digress.

I wonder if the perp in the rapes isn't someone who works in the area, given the time of the attacks. Either someone on their way to work, or (and IMO more likely) someone who works the graveyard shift, who would just be getting off work at that time of the morning.

Sorry to carry on so about this, kind of funny for someone who doesn't post often here, but it greatly disturbs me that Jamie is not getting more 'face time' in the media. Jimmy Slack is all over the place - AS IT SHOULD BE - but Jamie has fallen from afterthought to nothing.....no word, no progress, no nothing. Why is that?

The past several days in Pittsburgh have been bone-chilling cold, some snow and, even without thinking, these two - Jamie and Jimmy - dominate my thoughts. Jimmy's camp is hell-bent on finding him, again, AS IT SHOULD BE! Where is Jamie's camp?

I'm so grateful for those of you at WS who are keeping "Jamie's Camp" alive. I may not post much, but I pay attention and it's here that I know that Jamie has not been forgotten.

QUOTE=laurafairlie;7511503]

This is an excerpt from an article about free self defense classes. It's the only mention this morning about LE having any kind of evidence in the Ross rapes, and when we might know some results. I'm hoping they have something from Jamie's case to compare it to - maybe this will close both cases. Wishful thinking at best.....but I suppose there is always a that possibility.

"No arrests have been made in the alleged assaults, but sources told Channel 11’s Alan Jennings that the district attorney’s office has executed at least four search warrants.
One of the warrants was to swab the cheek of a person of interest for DNA. Another was to impound and search his car. Two others were to search his home and another place he spends time.
The medical examiner’s office expects the DNA results to be available on Tuesday.
"

http://www.wpxi.com/news/30214220/detail.html

Could the rapes be an act of anger by Jamie's ex brought on by an evolution of guilt, time passed and frustration????? It WAS reported that he was the last person to see her. Could 3+ months of harboring guilt and anger push someone in this direction???

"The last person to see her was her ex-boyfriend and other than that I’m not sure of her friends or who she goes with,” Peterson’s father said."

http://www.wpxi.com/news/29341626/detail.html

Regardless of all of this, she is still missing. Hopefully, we get some answers soon. Perhaps Jamie wasn't a victim OF, but rather her disappearance a catalyst FOR this criminal to escalate?? (De-escalate?? Which is worse, possibly permanently disappearing someone or these brazen rapes??? - maybe neither is worse, they're both pretty heinous in my book).:furious:

Is there any mention anywhere if Jamie lived in a town home, apartment, etc? Seems this rapist is targeting areas where you wouldn't think twice if you saw a stranger around because you'd think that person is visiting someone.
It's disturbing to hear that LE is saying this rapist can be extremely violent.

There are classes this Saturday at Hampton VFD 12-2 pm and 2-4 pm.

On another note, I agree with CCJD, where is the group, friends and/or family members fighting to find Jamie? I vaguely remembered hearing about Jamie's disappearance and nothing much has been said since then. I only remembered because I saw this thread. Such a shame.

Thanks everyone for your concern. Jamie Peterson is my cousin and unfortunately there is still no clues on where she is at, or if there is the police are not telling my uncle or anyone else in the family. All your thoughts and prayers would be greatly appreciated. If anyone knows anything at all please feel free to message me. Thanks

Hello Krr3537, and Welcome to WebSleuths. Continued prayers for Jamie and her family.

Okay, here's a link to a map that shows the distance between North Fremont Ave (not sure where exactly on this street Jamie lived) and the Cascade Apartments where one of these attacks took place. The two are pretty close. That being said, Jamie disappeared in September and these attacks, as far as we know, started within the past week or so.

link

N.Fremont is even A LOT closer to the Woodhawk Club than the Cascades....the first attack. The only way we'll find out if he's involved is if he confesses. But it doesn't seem murdering his victim's is his m.o.

The past several days in Pittsburgh have been bone-chilling cold, some snow and, even without thinking, these two - Jamie and Jimmy - dominate my thoughts. Jimmy's camp is hell-bent on finding him, again, AS IT SHOULD BE! Where is Jamie's camp?

Jimmy's family kept his story in the forefront. I'm not knocking Jamie's family & friend's , but where are they?

Something just doesn't seem right.....

Prayers for Jamie

Jimmy's family kept his story in the forefront. I'm not knocking Jamie's family & friend's , but where are they?

Something just doesn't seem right.....

Prayers for Jamie

Right there with you, Pittsburgh79. I'm choosing to believe that the silence is for a good reason and that hopefully soon, Jamie's family will have the answers that they deserve.

:bump:

:sigh:

Where is Jamie? Where is the media coverage on her disappearance?

The police are useless and have let the whole case gone cold. My uncle has called the investigators daily in hopes to get them motivated to get stuff taken care of. We have contacted the media several times about getting it back out there and they havent replayed anything. As Jamie Peterson's cousin i feel that the authorities are not doing anything to help us get her back home. Any help or suggestions feel free to contact me. thanks

As Easter rolls around...thinking of Jamie and her family. Too long without answers.

Bumping for Jamie's children. Why is their zero news about this missing person? :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tracy of Spicer
Back