Peculiar letters from the RN

I don't think RDI has adequately explained the advantage vs disadvantage of including a ransom note in the accident coverup scenario. Simply stating that the killers mind works in wacky ways, is a blank check explanation that would satisfy any crime scene phenomenon.

Obviously the killer's intention was to not get caught. This he has been effective at for over 12 years. The evidence tells us that neither JBR's murder nor the killer's ability to not get caught are accidents. There's no dumb luck going on. Thats just a claim.

There was one perp's handwriting posted on a billboard in Florida, and the perp was caught. In another case, investigators poured thru thousands of suspect documents and found a handwriting match to an existing ransom note. The match was dead ringer and led to a conviction.

Linguistics from Kaczynski's manifesto were recognized by family members.

"Over two decades, a mail bomber, known only as the Unabomber, killed three people and injured 29 with exploding packages. As the investigation progressed, family members of Ted Kaczynski recognized similarities between his writings and the Unabomber’s Manifesto. When the FBI collected samples of Ted’s writing their experts came to the same conclusion.
Many of the samples included unusual sentence structures such as “you can’t eat your cake and have it, too,” a convoluted version of the commonly used saying “you can’t have your cake and eat it too.” Ultimately, a judge agreed with the analysis and issued a search warrant for Kaczynski’s cabin where agents discovered bomb-making materials."

IDI should ask the question: How does JBR ransom note author's handwriting AND linguistics elude everybody, not just LE but the public also, for 12 years?

If in a rage, PR had struck JB in the head, and she was comatose or PR and JR believed her to be dead, then they would've known instantly that PR would be tried on some grounds for murder, even if accidental. They would have had to do something to alter the course of events. A staged kidnapping may have been their only hope of deflecting responsibility. What other choice did they have if this is what actually happened?

The only other choice would've been to do the right thing, and accept the consequences of her actions. PR could've seen the headlines already--former beauty queen charged with killing her daughter. PR would've avoided scandal at all costs, JR too.

At that moment in time, they couldn't have foreseen that a scandal would result anyway. It's possible John demanded that PR write that note. No way would he have taken that risk. He would support PR as much as he could, help stage a kidnapping, but not in a million years would he have taken pen in hand. No, if PR did this, then PR would have to write the note. "Help me Jesus, help me." By the end of the note, PR had turned to her religion, remembered that she was saved by grace alone, and that's why SBTC is there. It was a message to herself.

It's interesting. In writing this out, I feel I'm seeing the real PR for the first time. She is not to be hated. I believe this was an accidental murder brought on by physical and mental exhaustion on PR's part. It's possible she was prepared to accept the consequences of her actions, but JR wouldn't hear of it, and the staging of the kidnapping may have been all his doing. Wow. This had never occured to me before now.

Similarities with PR must be there if she couldn't be excluded other than RDI explaining the myth. Can someone of the IDI side explain Tom Miller and why did the R's dream team went so far trying to make him damaged goods..Cause last I checked none that said it was chonic sexual abuse ever been put on trial but someone that said it was PR handwritting was...

If in a rage, PR had struck JB in the head, and she was comatose or PR and JR believed her to be dead, then they would've known instantly that PR would be tried on some grounds for murder, even if accidental. They would have had to do something to alter the course of events. A staged kidnapping may have been their only hope of deflecting responsibility. What other choice did they have if this is what actually happened?

The only other choice would've been to do the right thing, and accept the consequences of her actions. PR could've seen the headlines already--former beauty queen charged with killing her daughter. PR would've avoided scandal at all costs, JR too.

At that moment in time, they couldn't have foreseen that a scandal would result anyway. It's possible John demanded that PR write that note. No way would he have taken that risk. He would support PR as much as he could, help stage a kidnapping, but not in a million years would he have taken pen in hand. No, if PR did this, then PR would have to write the note. "Help me Jesus, help me." By the end of the note, PR had turned to her religion, remembered that she was saved by grace alone, and that's why SBTC is there. It was a message to herself.

It's interesting. In writing this out, I feel I'm seeing the real PR for the first time. She is not to be hated. I believe this was an accidental murder brought on by physical and mental exhaustion on PR's part. It's possible she was prepared to accept the consequences of her actions, but JR wouldn't hear of it, and the staging of the kidnapping may have been all his doing. Wow. This had never occured to me before now.

This is as close as anyone has ever come to exactly how I feel.

I've discussed this b4, but I really don't see how if PR struck JB in rage, that this would be a "scandal" for JR, esp when balanced against an even greater scandal a coverup would bring. Esp given the notoriety OJ experienced. JR could not predict that it might go to trial but if it did, it could have been like OJ trial.

Was it a scandal for Susan Smith's husband or Theodore Kacyznski's brother to be related to a criminal? You know that BTK Dennis Raider has wife and daughter? I think Jeffrey Dahmer has a brother.

I believe Patsy wrote the ransom note, but I have no idea who killed JBR. I followed this case for some little time after the murder, but am really rusty on names, occupations, and how the various people fit into the puzzle anymore.

Actually I don't think it's a quantum leap. From looking at the note and letters it's blatantly obvious the person was trying to disguise their handwriting. A small foreign faction would have no reason to do that now would they?:crazy:

Also, who would go to that much trouble to disguise their handwriting? Firstly, someone with plenty of time for writing and editing the note, and for whom it was an amusing game in and of itself. Secondly, such stylized printing on a ransom note is overkill wouldn't you say?

Someone who would devote hours to a single painting seems like a very good candidate to me, a person with an artiste's mindset who gloats over their own abilities and talents. The writer is a person who invested a lot of time and invention in the note, though by doing so, thus also exposed their naivete about such things. This person believes him or herself to be quite talented, resourceful, and cunning.

My question would then be, "Who besides PR would've written this note this way?" Certainly not BR. Not JR, he's a bottom line kind of guy, and in his position leaves detailed tasks to his underlings. PR is detail oriented to the nth degree.

I've always thought if John killed Jonbenet that Patsy would've stuck by--not her man, but the money he made.

I almost missed seeing your question about the squares being part of someone's normal printing. How likely do you think that is? How many people in a hundred, a thousand, a million might print that way? What would it say about that person? You can have squares, but you can't have squares plus letters that lean in different directions. Utterly absurd, and even more proof Patsy wrote it. If squares were a normal part of someone's printing, I would think first it would have to be someone who wanted to be seen as very different. It would also have to be an obsessive-compulsive trait. Patsy again.

I can answer the bolded line. I am one of those hundreds or thousands who would print those letters that way. I hope I can clearly explain why.
I haven't always printed that way. I was in college when I began to print using smaller letters that look like type styles.
Being a journalism student, I learned that in making corrections on copy that was on its way to the printer for our weekly college newspaper, the letters were printed in upper and lower case as needed. And they HAD to look like letters that were exactly written with a typewriter.
I leaned to print an A in the lower case that appeared to look like an o with a tail - thus it would look like a typed lower case a. If I just wrote an A, like that, it would appear like that in the copy.
That experience of correcting copy carried over to my own career in publication writing. This was before computers, when there was a typesetter person and copy (articles) were sent on to be set and pasted up for a news sheet. (Now editing is done on the computers, no blue pencils needed now.)
Since the computers, all that has changed. But I still make my small a, d, b look like they were written by a typewriter anytime I write a note of letter and print the words. Which I do most often. It's a habit that is difficult to break after using it for so many years.
I have gone over this before on this thread, that when I first saw a copy of the actual ransom letter, I immediately identified it as being written by someone who was familiar with or had experience in writing news copy or press releases.
There are rules and regulations on how to prepare copy for printing. Also a style book (usually AP stylebook) that newspapers and publications adopt in order that every one of the reporters or writers are using the same style - meaning certain words are capitalized or lower case at all time. And certain spelling of words - like the word theater. Most publication will use the spelling theater within the story but if a theater's name used the spelling theatre in its name - like Lycum Theatre, the writer would use that spelling of the word theater in the title of the theater but when referring to a theater it was spelled the other way.
I hope I've made this clear. It's difficult to explain without using a pencil to show the difference. But, in the profession of writing for publications - newspapers, magazines, newsletter - there is a specific way to handle spelling, punctuation and word usage. And, once you learn it, it stays with you. Also, the ransom letter also includes a proof reading symbol (where an above line correction is made) which is something a writer would know.
Phhhhhew! I hope this helped.

So just saying this simple if a intruder wrote the RN he or she would had been journalism student like PR was...Just looking for input..

Voynich,
You're not getting it. The Rs were a very prominent family in Boulder, despite having been there a short time. These people were very social, not only for business purposes, but to see and be seen. That's who they were. They were movers and shakers. Plus you have to remember that people like this are usually legends in their own minds. They knew scads of people in Boulder and back in Georgia, and probably some in Michigan.

For this type of person, image is everything, and most everything done to advance their situation. People like this usually choose as friends those from which they think they have something to gain. JR wouldn't let his wife go on trial. That was a scandal they could see coming if PRadmitted blame. It would've ruined JR in business, and that's not something a man in his position would've taken lightly, having worked hard to achieve what he had. He'd have done everything in his power to avoid a scandal like that.

Additionally, If PR had been found guilty and sentenced to prison that would've destroyed someone like her. Prison is far removed from the likes of the Junior League and pageants. Neither of them could bring JBR back, but rather than do the forthright thing, they chose the alternative. A kidnapping gone wrong was their only prayer of getting out of this. They chose self-preservation or so they thought. Also, they would've discussed the fact they still had BR to raise.

And yes, it was a scandal anyway, and they lost plenty of friends over it, and found, in total strangers, lots of enemies they didn't know they had, but they also made money through interviews and a book, sickening as it is. And with a little help from BPD, being lax with the scene, they pulled it off. It cost them plenty. It still costs the remaining family. That they could not see coming. Their attention was in the moment taking care of immediate business.

Ted K's brother or BTK's family--not the same kind of people at all. The Rs would never turn in one of their own. Not out of loyalty, but out of image control once again. Regardless, those crimes that become high profile mean a scandal for any family subjected to that, but there's a world of difference between those families and the Rs.

I spent far too many years around people like the Rs. In a sense, they're like the Anthony family. It's because their emotional life is somewhat shallow that they can keep it together for appearances sake. They would've justified their actions because of their religion--SBTC says it all. These are people who change the rules as it suits them. There's no strong core of ethics that guides their behavior. Damage control is as close to ethics as it gets.

Voynich,
You're not getting it. The Rs were a very prominent family in Boulder, despite having been there a short time. These people were very social, not only for business purposes, but to see and be seen. That's who they were. They were movers and shakers. Plus you have to remember that people like this are usually legends in their own minds. They knew scads of people in Boulder and back in Georgia, and probably some in Michigan.

For this type of person, image is everything, and most everything done to advance their situation. People like this usually choose as friends those from which they think they have something to gain. JR wouldn't let his wife go on trial. That was a scandal they could see coming if PRadmitted blame. It would've ruined JR in business, and that's not something a man in his position would've taken lightly, having worked hard to achieve what he had. He'd have done everything in his power to avoid a scandal like that.

Additionally, If PR had been found guilty and sentenced to prison that would've destroyed someone like her. Prison is far removed from the likes of the Junior League and pageants. Neither of them could bring JBR back, but rather than do the forthright thing, they chose the alternative. A kidnapping gone wrong was their only prayer of getting out of this. They chose self-preservation or so they thought. Also, they would've discussed the fact they still had BR to raise.

And yes, it was a scandal anyway, and they lost plenty of friends over it, and found, in total strangers, lots of enemies they didn't know they had, but they also made money through interviews and a book, sickening as it is. And with a little help from BPD, being lax with the scene, they pulled it off. It cost them plenty. It still costs the remaining family. That they could not see coming. Their attention was in the moment taking care of immediate business.

Ted K's brother or BTK's family--not the same kind of people at all. The Rs would never turn in one of their own. Not out of loyalty, but out of image control once again. Regardless, those crimes that become high profile mean a scandal for any family subjected to that, but there's a world of difference between those families and the Rs.

I spent far too many years around people like the Rs. In a sense, they're like the Anthony family. It's because their emotional life is somewhat shallow that they can keep it together for appearances sake. They would've justified their actions because of their religion--SBTC says it all. These are people who change the rules as it suits them. There's no strong core of ethics that guides their behavior. Damage control is as close to ethics as it gets.

This stuff so gets you thrown off the jury. Do you hate rich people or what?

This is not a theory, it reads like fiction.

This stuff so gets you thrown off the jury. Do you hate rich people or what?

First of all, I'm not on a jury. Second of all, I have nothing whatsoever against rich people, but have a lot against shallow people who as I said, change the rules to suit themselves. Huge difference. A person can be wealthy, and still have strong core values.

Relax, you're not.

PR was a mother enjoying her time with her daughter in the way 1000's of moms do. Sorry to disappoint.

Holdontoyourhat,

I'm not claiming it's anymore than that. Fiction. Makes for a good story though, eh?

Voynich,

Loved your post. It really makes sense when you realize who the Ramseys are and why they needed to take measures to cover up what occured in the home that evening.
I've always said the ransom (letter not a note) was written for LE's eyes not the parents.
Notice that the most important part of the ransom request - getting the money - is so poorly put together. It goes into detail on how to prepare the money, down to the denominations of the bills and what to carry the cash in but fails to clearly state when the parents would be contacted for further instructions.(We will contact you tomorrow) But there is no indication what day the note (letter) was written. A kidnapper after money gets that part clearly stated. It's the major part of asking for a ransom.
Nope, this ransom letter was the work of a cover-up. Staged just as the crime scene was.

Well since I been said I see everything thur rose colored glasses I don't know about anyone else I got mine at the K-mart blue light special.

Where did you buy your rose colored glasses?

My scenario has the killer still out there, probably foreign, possibly in a high military rank position, who either wanted JBR for keeps, or who wanted to kill JBR for some unknown purpose.

Not too rosy, really.

I'd sooner believe the housecat did it than PR or JR. At least the housecat had a better chance of being awake at the time.

Its a sinister, brutal murder that RDI sugar coats, removing all the sinister and brutal details to make it seem a parent could do that. The garrote becomes fake, the 2nd ligature unused, the headbash accidental, and the ransom note not a reflection of any real person that is actually that wicked. I'm disappointed in you because you said the RN could be a reflection of a real person.

RDI is nothing more than a *advertiser censored*-and-bull Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde story.

When a parent kills is the worst scenario sugar coat no cause how many here done said they wished the parent(s) didn't do it...

Are yours? Cause you just went from saying everything RDI says is myth to RDI sugar coats...So which is it they sugar coat or just make believe..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back