Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible, or he may try to find someone to fly him in a charter or private plane. All the airports will be looking for him now, he missed his chance if he tried to use his ticket at the airport at the Chile border (Chacalluta International Airport). IIRC, a news story said he had flown Avianca Air to Lima, but according to Wikipedia, Avianca doesn't fly out of Chacalluta. Wonder how much cash he has on him?
He's too much of a coward to risk an airport, even a small one.

I see him holed up in a dingy room somewhere, while he gathers his nerve and waits until nightfall, then I see him lurking around a boat dock.

If it's true about him trying to trade his ticket, it tells me he doesn't feel he has as much cash on him as he would like. He would know not to use plastic except as a final, desperate last resort.

I think he's panicked and desperate. I think he will try to buy someone to help him. He may have connections with people in the drug or sex trade 'under-worlds', but wouldn't know how much he can trust them. His best bet may be with a stranger.

I really think they need to offer and let it be known everywhere that he is Wanted for a $Large Reward.

Once in Chile someone had to give him a ride, so where's the information. Greta said they thought he was in Argentina. I have no clue where that information came from.

Profiler Claims Van der Sloot is Hedging against extradition:

http://www.aolnews.com/crime/articl...-hedging-against-extradition-to-peru/19501088

To Brown's mind, that suggests "he's likely running to where he feels the legal system there will prevent him from being extradited and prosecuted."

Tacopina:

But van der Sloot's attorney, Joseph Tacopina, told CNN that people should avoid jumping to conclusions in the case.

"If history teaches us any lesson from [the] van der Sloot-Holloway case, it's that there have been way too many false facts that have been leaked and rumors that have been proven untrue," Tacopina said.

"We need to take a step back," he said. "I have not been contacted and the family has not been contacted. Joran has not been asked by anyone to surrender."

Profiler Claims Van der Sloot is Hedging against extradition:

http://www.aolnews.com/crime/articl...-hedging-against-extradition-to-peru/19501088

To Brown's mind, that suggests "he's likely running to where he feels the legal system there will prevent him from being extradited and prosecuted."

Tacopina:

But van der Sloot's attorney, Joseph Tacopina, told CNN that people should avoid jumping to conclusions in the case.

"If history teaches us any lesson from [the] van der Sloot-Holloway case, it's that there have been way too many false facts that have been leaked and rumors that have been proven untrue," Tacopina said.

"We need to take a step back," he said. "I have not been contacted and the family has not been contacted. Joran has not been asked by anyone to surrender."

I bet he knows them all by heart too!

He's too much of a coward to risk an airport, even a small one.

I see him holed up in a dingy room somewhere, while he gathers his nerve and waits until nightfall, then I see him lurking around a boat dock.

If it's true about him trying to trade his ticket, it tells me he doesn't feel he has as much cash on him as he would like. He would know not to use plastic except as a final, desperate last resort.

I think he's panicked and desperate. I think he will try to buy someone to help him. He may have connections with people in the drug or sex trade 'under-worlds', but wouldn't know how much he can trust them. His best bet may be with a stranger.

I really think they need to offer and let it be known everywhere that he is Wanted for a $Large Reward.

Agree, he doesn't have many options left. Arica is pretty isolated, in a barren area between the Pacific ocean and the Andes. Only a few highways out of the area. The port isn't large and they're probably monitoring it closely. Looks like there are some cruise ships that call there, but mostly a lot of small fishing boats. If he's there, they stand a good chance of finding him eventually.

Please continue here! Sorry to be so late getting this second thread started for everybody!

Salem

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105929"]Thread 1[/ame]

Please continue here everyone! [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5244031#post5244031"]Joran van der Sloot strikes again, another girl murdered #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Salame

Thank you for the new thread! I just saw a tweet about a possible suicide..no way to confirm it of course.

In looking at a map of the area, it looks like the possibility of Joran trying to pay someone, perhaps a fishing boat, to take him down the coast to Argentina is an option......maybe his only option.

From Tadpole12: article from thread 1

<snip>
Tacopina:

<snip>

Maybe not officially. But this seems a stretch, IDK.

I wonder how much manpower any individual country will devote to this one guy. It's not like they don't have their own crime to worry about. I think if they're hoping to catch him, the sooner the better. It's real easy for people to get lost in SA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg