GUILTY Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the Enquirer's online story teaser:

"Van der Sloot's now jailed in the high-security area," an insider told The ENQUIRER, "and he's been told that a 'hit' has been ordered on him when he's transferred to the general population."

Knowing a hit has been ordered on him, "Joran knows his only chance for survival and future freedom is to be transferred to the medical wing."

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/69123?cid=RSS

Sure hope Joran doesn't manage to escape!!!!! But, I think it's wonderful that he believes there is a "hit" on him. He needs to worry about something cause he's sure caused others a lot of pain & worry.

Late notice, but I just noticed this...

E! Channel @5pm.

The 2005 disappearance of Alabama high school student Natalee Holloway in Aruba is the focus. (2008), documentary.

So tragic that Stephany's family has to endure another tragedy in such a short period of time. Truly hope that her brother doesn't have to face charges for this accident. Not sure how much more the parents can take at this point. If the reports are true about the other driver, perhaps he will be spared any charges but I'm sure it has taken it's toll on him emotionally. This poor family.

I'm having a hard time believing that crazy story in The Enquirer. I'm sure the press in Peru would love an exclusive if something like this were true and I don't think any press has picked up on this "story". I was also under the impression that as long as he is willing and able to pay for a private cell, Joran will remain in isolation. I doubt he will ever be put into the general population as long as his family, via his lawyer, pays for his "accomodations".

MOO

Explosive quotes from van der Sloot / Holloway movie maker

Birmingham, Al (WIAT) A Dutch article about a movie on the Holloway case has provoked bitter online commentary.

Things have been quiet on the Joran van der Sloot front lately.

There’s been next to no news out of Peru as the murder inquiry grinds through a legal system with no guarantee of a speedy trial.

But while van der Sloot’s charges of legal misrepresentation and a coerced confession fade from the headlines, a firestorm of online commentary has broken out over a movie being produced by Dutch filmmaker Paul Ruven.

Sounds like he’s out to offend all involved…..but that’s nothing compared to the online comments van Bommel’s article has spawned.

More at link:

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localn...er-Sloot-Holloway/71IaWjwk4kKiTm5qjuS_Aw.cspx

Online comments here:

http://www.rnw.nl/english/article/film-about-natalee-holloway-case-searches-truth?page=3

Heyya suzihawk.

Ty for the link,

Ruven's film sounds promising.

"Everybody on the island knows each other. When there are elections, the candidates are often sponsored by US hotel owners. The winning candidate appoints his entire family and distant friends to important governmental positions. These people hang on to the posts for the rest of their lives."

It's this colonial background of favourism and conflict of interests that allows a young rich Dutchman to do what he likes without being brought to justice. Mr Ruven believes nobody on Aruba wants the truth to come out. It was also never the intention that Joran should end up in prison. That would damage tourism and the economy.

Sure hope Joran doesn't manage to escape!!!!! But, I think it's wonderful that he believes there is a "hit" on him. He needs to worry about something cause he's sure caused others a lot of pain & worry.

If his recennt photo is any indication, he's plenty worried.
Remember this is a fellow who won't prosper with a lack of freedom.

So tragic that Stephany's family has to endure another tragedy in such a short period of time. Truly hope that her brother doesn't have to face charges for this accident. Not sure how much more the parents can take at this point. If the reports are true about the other driver, perhaps he will be spared any charges but I'm sure it has taken it's toll on him emotionally. This poor family.

I'm having a hard time believing that crazy story in The Enquirer. I'm sure the press in Peru would love an exclusive if something like this were true and I don't think any press has picked up on this "story". I was also under the impression that as long as he is willing and able to pay for a private cell, Joran will remain in isolation. I doubt he will ever be put into the general population as long as his family, via his lawyer, pays for his "accomodations".

MOO

In fact, Im so irked at the lack of news I finally emailed CNN and
asked "what's going on!?" I cited the recent escape allegation. A
producer emailed me back asking: "Where did you find this?"

duhhhhhhhhhhh. come on media - get with the program!
:banghead:

As for myself Im camped out 'til the bitter end - as long as folks will have me!

As for myself Im camped out 'til the bitter end - as long as folks will have me!

I would say "unbelievable" but the media fails to report other issues as well, many that are very serious, of national scope, and important to most citizens. Honestly, I think many of these news outlets couldn't manage unless the internet delivered the news to them on a platter.

And I'll be there with you, to the bitter end--bitter because nothing will bring back Natalee or Stephany.

Heyya suzihawk.

Ty for the link,

Ruven's film sounds promising.

"Everybody on the island knows each other. When there are elections, the candidates are often sponsored by US hotel owners. The winning candidate appoints his entire family and distant friends to important governmental positions. These people hang on to the posts for the rest of their lives."

It's this colonial background of favourism and conflict of interests that allows a young rich Dutchman to do what he likes without being brought to justice. Mr Ruven believes nobody on Aruba wants the truth to come out. It was also never the intention that Joran should end up in prison. That would damage tourism and the economy.

You're welcome, Tadpole.

The movie should be interesting at the very least.

It also says:

"The truth is that Natalee had a nose full of cocaine that night, was blind drunk and had been chasing blokes for days."

I guess that's one of the reasons it's being marketed as a piece of fiction.

LOL!!

It goes without saying that your company (and input) is always welcome as us few diehards hunker down for the long haul. :)

I'm here too til the bitter end.................that is, if I live long enough. I'm elderly & just hope I'm still around when Joran gets justice. What ever happened to swift justice?????????????

You're welcome, Tadpole.

The movie should be interesting at the very least.

It also says:

"The truth is that Natalee had a nose full of cocaine that night, was blind drunk and had been chasing blokes for days."

I guess that's one of the reasons it's being marketed as a piece of fiction.

Blame the victim............that irks me no end.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
It doesn't matter what Natalee was or wasn't doing that night. She didn't deserve to die or be shipped off as a sex slave!:furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

If his recennt photo is any indication, he's plenty worried.
Remember this is a fellow who won't prosper with a lack of freedom.

I don't think that the photo that accompanied that story is a recent photo. It was likely taken during his media "catwalk" or at some time during his arrest and incarceration.

I'm sure there's a price tag on any recent pictures of Joran for the press. :rolleyes:

I actually find this highly amusing. I can imagine the look on their faces when they read in your email that the National Enquirer had trumped them with an "exclusive" regarding Joran. I doubt they believe that story any more than I do but good for you jwarner for bringing it to their attention. If the story hits the main stream media and is proven to be true, we will have you to thank.

I myself never followed the Natalee case and had no idea who Joran was until this happened. I am now both fascinated and disgusted by everything I've read and will be camping out along with the rest of you.

OT: Is anyone else having trouble with the board lately?

Blame the victim............that irks me no end.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
It doesn't matter what Natalee was or wasn't doing that night. She didn't deserve to die or be shipped off as a sex slave!:furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

An easy thing to do (blame the victim) when there was no body found I suppose. Can't be proven either way and of course this movie is just fiction right? *insert big eye roll here*

I wonder how that factors in to the new ending of the story with Stephany's murder where there was a body found and she wasn't blind drunk with a nose full of cocaine. Kind of makes that accusation against Natalee look rather stupid IMO. Especially since there were a lot of classmates with her whom I would imagine have testified as to Natalee's behaviour that evening.

I know it's supposed to be fiction but with the producer and the press specifically using her name and Joran's when discussing this movie, there must be a civil libel suit in there somewhere?

There are no words to say what I think about this so-called film. Supposed fiction or not, it is shameful and wrong. I hope they get their pants sued off. How dare they cause additonal pain to Natalee's family by saying things like that about her. Things that, conveniently, can't be proven. I suppose they are going to put a spin on Stephany's murder as well? People have no shame. They will do anything to make a buck, no matter who it hurts.

Count me in for the duration!!

It's bound to be a long, bumpy road, but will be well worth it, as long as we see justice done in the end....we can only hope and pray!!! :angel: :angel: :angel:

I actually find this highly amusing. I can imagine the look on their faces when they read in your email that the National Enquirer had trumped them with an "exclusive" regarding Joran. I doubt they believe that story any more than I do but good for you jwarner for bringing it to their attention. If the story hits the main stream media and is proven to be true, we will have you to thank.

I myself never followed the Natalee case and had no idea who Joran was until this happened. I am now both fascinated and disgusted by everything I've read and will be camping out along with the rest of you.

I wont beat this to death but,,, could it be there is no news because
Pevurivan authorities have clamped down on leaks and news releases?
I'm not saying that is the case but it is to the point I am beginning to
wonder. "No comment" can go a long way. Any evidence that is
happening (which might explain the void) ? Some of you who were so
great in following Peruvian news might have an opinion on this? And
said again - what happened to Selena? I hope she is ok, anyone heard
from her?

I wont beat this to death but,,, could it be there is no news because
Pevurivan authorities have clamped down on leaks and news releases?
I'm not saying that is the case but it is to the point I am beginning to
wonder. "No comment" can go a long way. Any evidence that is
happening (which might explain the void) ? Some of you who were so
great in following Peruvian news might have an opinion on this? And
said again - what happened to Selena? I hope she is ok, anyone heard
from her?

I suppose that could be true but I would imagine money goes a long way with the prison guards in Peru so if there is anything worth leaking coming out of Castro Castro in regards to Joran, I would think that it's going to come out.

Then again, maybe that's how the Enquirer got this story. A payoff to someone inside the prison. Doesn't mean they have to give out accurate information though. How would the Enquirer know whether the story was true or not? They may have paid someone for a complete fabrication for all we know. But considering their reputation in the past, it's just as likely that it might be their own complete fabrication.

I have to believe that if Joran really did try to bring on a medical crisis to get himself moved to a medical facility that he would have complained to his lawyer about how sick he is and his lawyer would be all over the news in Lima about how he's not receiving the medical treatment that he needs. I also imagine that the mystery woman is still visiting him on a weekly basis and Joran's mother is still in contact with him so that kind of information could get into the media via those sources too.

I truly think that there is no news regarding Joran in the Peruvian media because there is nothing to report. He is likely still hanging around in his private cell waiting for his case to go to trial.

I also wonder what happened to our posters from the area. danielabc seems to be missing too. :waitasec:

MOO

This media source seems to be planning on staying with the controversy about the movie....

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localn...ot-Holloway-movie/U2mIykXJjEm0pEBJFWkFtQ.cspx

And all the arguments are back again…this time charging various connections between Gielen and Ruven. A central figure in those arguments is cinematographer Dolph van Stapele, reportedly Ruven’s director of cinematography on Me and Mr. Jones and who had the same role in Gielen’s documentary…routinely referred to as a “crockumentary” by Holloway family advocates online.

I have to admit I am curious about how they will tie Stephany's murder into that "movie".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny