Rigor and livor mortis

Well you know, I'm not up on these kinds of things, and often times I've seen the use of the term AE, so I just assumed that's what it was referring to. Maybe someone else who knows can jump in and explain the correct theory if I've got it wrong. My assumption is it was a theory of strangulation for sexual gratification, maybe without the 'auto' element.
I think the AE was some of the intruder theory bullcrap.
It doesn't look like AE at all. I like your theory and it makes complete sense. Although I don't think her shirt was caught up in it. I think it was solely lifted for photographing evidence. Everything else sounds spot on. I agree also with the length of the ligature. The extra length would be explained by another wrap around the neck and it does line up and explain the white blanched area on her neck too.
I also like your explanation of the triangular area of the neck. Spot on. I think it happened as she was dying. Bless her sweet heart she sure did suffer. :(

This photo was probably done to show the livor mortis.
Her shirt was probably lifted to show the marking and blanching area. It is quite possible that the paintbrush was on the outside of the back of the shirt and still leave the impression. Probably the crime scene photographer got pictures of everything at the scene before her body was moved. I think the shirt was just lifted up to photograph the area.

Maybe.

It would be good to get the views of someone with knowledge on Post Mortem procedures. Because I'm not sure what would be the purpose of lifting her shirt, I don't think livor mortis changes once it's set, after a number of hours, and this could be photographed at the lab when they took her top off. I rather think this was photographing her as she was found, in the best circumstances available to them, knowing she had been moved once from the basement. Perhaps to explain and evidence carpet fibres or Christmas tree needles/bits stuck on her, or things like that. Could be wrong and willing to be educated. Plus it looks to me as if the top is caught up in the cord, and I would have expected to see her whole back photographed, not just a small area like that, because I would imagine protruding areas like her shoulder blades resting on the ground would have shown blanching too, if they were after gathering evidence of her body position at death. Just a few thoughts.

This was a theory? That she strangled herself for sexual pleasure?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is ridiculous, what are people possibly thinking, that a 6 year old child could be doing such a thing?? Were they blaming JonBenet for her own molestation and death for God's sake?!

SMH

I think the AE was some of the intruder theory bullcrap.
It doesn't look like AE at all. I like your theory and it makes complete sense. Although I don't think her shirt was caught up in it. I think it was solely lifted for photographing evidence. Everything else sounds spot on. I agree also with the length of the ligature. The extra length would be explained by another wrap around the neck and it does line up and explain the white blanched area on her neck too.
I also like your explanation of the triangular area of the neck. Spot on. I think it happened as she was dying. Bless her sweet heart she sure did suffer. :(

I believe that she was unconscious, hopefully not feeling any bodily sensations at all, and unable to respond in any way. I pray that is true.

This is ridiculous, what are people possibly thinking, that a 6 year old child could be doing such a thing?? Were they blaming JonBenet for her own molestation and death for God's sake?!

SMH

Heymom, I think it's me that got it wrong. I thought I had read the theory was an autoerotic asphyxiation game gone wrong. It should have read erotic asphyxiation game, it was Cyril Wecht's expert opinion. Link to the thread here http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?216647-Cyril-Wecht-s-theory-of-the-murder.

I confused the AE and EA abbreviations.

from the PW book: per JR's journal he states JBR's head was facing left when he found her. Also that Sgt. Whitson observed Patsy standing up holding JBR, rocking back and forth with her, until the minister had PR put JonBenet back down on the floor/carpet. That is different from the Whitson account on the PW website. I haven't read his book. How did PW get the police reports? It's not a complete record, just bits and pieces, pick and choose, I guess.

Heymom, I think it's me that got it wrong. I thought I had read the theory was an autoerotic asphyxiation game gone wrong. It should have read erotic asphyxiation game, it was Cyril Wecht's expert opinion. Link to the thread here http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?216647-Cyril-Wecht-s-theory-of-the-murder.

I confused the AE and EA abbreviations.

OK, well it is confusing.

I still think that theory is completely out of bounds. Burke was not playing an erotic game, the attack was not sexual per se. People sure have some weird ideas about this case.

Indeed. Some of them are way out there....like Hubble Deep Field out there. Some of them come across as fantasy instead of theory.

Yeah it would seem to have more to do with the person concocting the theory than with the subjects of said theory.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back