Roy Kronk has to start paying legal bills to maintain privacy

So let me get this straight, Its ok to use taxpayer money to defend a criminal , house and feed that criminal, but its NOT ok to use taxpayer money for a good samaritan??

Whats up with that?? Im sure the residents of Florida have no qualms about the money going towards the man who found Caylee, Im just baffeled

Ok I dont understand this. Here is a man that found a sweet babies body and no one will help him with a lawyer.But the very mother of this sweet baby that ended her life gets all her defense for free.What the heck is wrong with this picture.This is screwed up in so many ways. I personally believe he needs a lawyer because all the garbage thats been thrown at him for doing the right thing. And I like others that pointed out it makes you really think about whether or not you should do the right thing. After this case I honestly believe less people are gonna do the right thing in fear of being accused.I also believe no matter who would of found Caylee they would of also been accused.So many things are broken in this country and IMO this is one of them:furious:

If an attorney does pop up and offer pro bono work to RK, he'll have to be very careful who he allows to do so. Just sayin', some less-than-stellar attorneys who have larger-than-life egos, poor courtroom skills, and whine alot, may have ulterior motives in asking a friend to "help", so to speak....

All my faith in mankind is gone!!! This man is a hero, and THIS is how we treat him!!??? I am sick of all the Anthony's being treated like heros and getting rich off a poor baby girl and the ONLY person who did the right thing is ruined financially???!!! My God!

If an attorney does pop up and offer pro bono work to RK, he'll have to be very careful who he allows to do so. Just sayin', some less-than-stellar attorneys who have larger-than-life egos, poor courtroom skills, and whine alot, may have ulterior motives in asking a friend to "help", so to speak....

don't worry about that. most of those types have already attached themselves to one anthony or another.

What has an attorney done for him that could cost $7500? Is this an instance of an attorney seeing the county coffers open and helping himself? I am still not sure why Mr. Kronk needs an attorney. If I was him I would have issued a statement saying that I, at the request of LE, will not discuss anything. I would have simply gone to work in the new office and gone home. I would not hang out in the front yard with a hammer or yell at and push pedestrians.

The watch dog group may want to consider that Mr. Kronk's celebrity was brought on due to his heroic actions while on break time at work. It may be the county's legal obligation to protect him. I am not sure so I faithfully await opinions from the WS legal team.

And last, how come every other attorney involved seems to be pro bonowhile Mr Kronk's seems to be at the trough? Pigs get fed, hogs are slaughtered.

my bolds .....

Wow.....7500 bucks, I guess to help RK make one official statement ???

I think there's a few that haven't been declared 'pro bono'........I've been asking for months what it costs to fly around the country, giving interviews,
accompanied by your "entertainment lawyer" ???

Orlando Sentinel

Orange County has set the price of sudden fame: $10,000.

According to the terms of his agreement with the county, Evans is being paid $225 hourly -- a discount of about $100 off his normal rate. So far, he has billed $7,582.50 for services including phone conferences with news media and Kronk himself, preparation of a statement and letters and attendance at a news conference.

The county will not pay for services related to Kronk's paid appearances on TV or in other media, or for negotiations that might result in his being paid. That includes Kronk's segment last month on Good Morning America.

If Evans is required to represent Kronk as a witness in the criminal case against Caylee's mother, Casey Anthony, Evans has asked the county in writing to consider raising its cap.

I guess there is no fame and fortune at the end of the rainbow for whoever takes on the MR pro bono. Sad.

Poor guy should have gone to the National Enquirer and earned $50,000 for an exclusive interview rather than calling a news conference and giving the information away for free.

No good deed goes unpunished, as usual.

Why were tax payers paying for his lawyer in the first place and why did he need a lawyer?

I wondered about that too.

Not sure if the County has any sort of legal interest protecting themselves or their employee, since Kronk was on duty with the County at the time the remains were found and not during his own personal time.

<< "Owing a debt of gratitude doesn't allow the taxpayer to be taken advantage of," said Michael Walzak of CountyWatch.>>

I would like to hear Michael Walzak of CountyWatch's opinion of the taxpayer monies spent on KC thus far. Would he not consider that excessive?

http://www.wftv.com/news/18641180/detail.html#-

I would like to hear Michael Walzak of CountyWatch's opinion of the taxpayer monies spent on KC thus far. Would he not consider that excessive?

You're not talking about taxpayer money spent to prosecute her, are you?

<< "Owing a debt of gratitude doesn't allow the taxpayer to be taken advantage of," said Michael Walzak of CountyWatch.>>

http://www.wftv.com/news/18641180/detail.html#-

I just feel the need to say that, as a resident and tax payer of Orange Conty, Florida, this CLOWN does not speak for me! If I win Powerball this week, my first act as a multimillionaire will be to pay any and all legal fees for Mr. Kronk. My second act will be to put on an outstanding parade in his honor, to thank him for what he has done, and to apologize for what he has had to endure because of pinheads like this guy! All Ws'ers are invited.

I just feel the need to say that, as a resident and tax payer of Orange Conty, Florida, this CLOWN does not speak for me! If I win Powerball this week, my first act as a multimillionaire will be to pay any and all legal fees for Mr. Kronk. My second act will be to put on an outstanding parade in his honor, to thank him for what he has done, and to apologize for what he has had to endure because of pinheads like this guy! All Ws'ers are invited.

You could even spring for Kronk's unpaid child support. I'm not sure he would want the parade. He seems to prefer being out of the limelight.

What has an attorney done for him that could cost $7500? Is this an instance of an attorney seeing the county coffers open and helping himself? I am still not sure why Mr. Kronk needs an attorney. If I was him I would have issued a statement saying that I, at the request of LE, will not discuss anything. I would have simply gone to work in the new office and gone home. I would not hang out in the front yard with a hammer or yell at and push pedestrians.

The watch dog group may want to consider that Mr. Kronk's celebrity was brought on due to his heroic actions while on break time at work. It may be the county's legal obligation to protect him. I am not sure so I faithfully await opinions from the WS legal team.

And last, how come every other attorney involved seems to be pro bono while Mr Kronk's seems to be at the trough? Pigs get fed, hogs are slaughtered.

I could see why he wants and needs an attorney...they are going to try and implicate him in some way in Caylee's death or putting her body where it was found. BC has already said there's something not right with his story.

Why were tax payers paying for his lawyer in the first place and why did he need a lawyer?

Perhaps for defamation reasons? BC was on Geraldo saying he was sure there were more "funky" things to come out about him. If I was him, I'd want a lawyer to try to put a stop to people like BC saying ridiculous things like that on national tv and I'd certainly want to sue him for making allegations of that sort.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

What a great post!!!

God bless you! :blowkiss:
I would do the same!

Perhaps for defamation reasons? BC was on Geraldo saying he was sure there were more "funky" things to come out about him. If I was him, I'd want a lawyer to try to put a stop to people like BC saying ridiculous things like that on national tv and I'd certainly want to sue him for making allegations of that sort.

When BC said that Kronk was suspicious he gave an indication why he felt that way. He said that he has credible information that Kronk was at the wooded site in between August and December. Kronk may have fully explained "additional" visits to LE when they interviewed him. But in the media, Kronk implies that he didn't do any additional searching other than the known mid-August and mid-December (the body find).

The Orlando Sentinal / Sun Sentinal article is more informative.

Orange County has set the price of sudden fame: $10,000. That's the maximum the county will spend on a lawyer to represent former meter reader Roy Kronk. Kronk was a low-profile, $10.60-per-hour county employee when he was thrust into the spotlight through his involvement in the high-profile murder case.

"According to the terms of his agreement with the county, (David) Evans is being paid $225 hourly -- a discount of about $100 off his normal rate. So far, he has billed $7,582.50 for services including phone conferences with news media and Kronk himself, preparation of a statement and letters and attendance at a news conference.

"The county will not pay for services related to Kronk's paid appearances on TV or in other media, or for negotiations that might result in his being paid. That includes Kronk's segment last month on Good Morning America."

"Michael Walzak, a board member of CountyWatch, which promotes open and accountable government in Orange, agreed Kronk deserves county-paid representation." (Incidentally, CountyWatch has a website that is about two years out of date, this Walzak dude's name doesn't even appear as a board member. It is not clear what CountyWatch actually does.)

""It was right to give him counsel,'' Walzak said. "He doesn't know anything about standing before the media, doing press conferences.'' But he questioned whether the amount is excessive -- particularly in such tough economic times."

"If Evans is required to represent Kronk as a witness in the criminal case against Caylee's mother, Casey Anthony, Evans has asked the county in writing to consider raising its cap."

When BC said that Kronk was suspicious he gave an indication why he felt that way. He said that he has credible information that Kronk was at the wooded site in between August and December. Kronk may have fully explained "additional" visits to LE when they interviewed him. But in the media, Kronk implies that he didn't do any additional searching other than the known mid-August and mid-December (the body find).

Conway: Geraldo, we have a very good source that says that Mr K was there between Aug. 13 and Dec. 11 when he discovered the remains.

Geraldo: Do you think that there is more funky information to come out about him?
Conway replies: I'm sure that there is, I know there is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o4YsgbNSSs

I wonder who their source was...probably DC?? How do you know he made additional visits? I would certainly believe RK over the As or BC or DC any day!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge
Back