Roy Kronk has to start paying legal bills to maintain privacy

$7,500 in legal fees in less than 60 days to protect RK's privacy. Whatever. Seems like a waste of money, he didn't need protecting, he is an open book.

The county employee who found the body of Caylee Anthony might soon have to start paying his own legal bills. Until now, Orange County has been paying a law firm to represent former meter reader Roy Kronk.

So far, the county has paid more than $7,500 dollars. It was an effort to help Kronk maintain privacy.

Wednesday, a county watchdog group told Eyewitness News that's excessive.

Source: WFTV
http://www.wftv.com/news/18641180/detail.html#-

UGGG! :steamed:

casey anthony; serial victimizer and (IMO) killer.
:cow:

I could see why he wants and needs an attorney...they are going to try and implicate him in some way in Caylee's death or putting her body where it was found. BC has already said there's something not right with his story.

I agree with this post.

The attorney may have charged the county through the sky -- maybe Kronk just needs a different attorney.

I would think that if the A's were able to get 2 attorneys to represent them pro bono, then surely the man who found Caylee's remains can. If not, that is very sad.

The attorney may have charged the county through the sky -- maybe Kronk just needs a different attorney.

He even discounted his hourly fee. :D

According to the terms of his agreement with the county, (David) Evans is being paid $225 hourly -- a discount of about $100 off his normal rate.

Maybe I should cool off before I comment! $7,500.00 is excessive? Maybe, but compare that to how much it's going to cost the good tax paying people of Florida (for which I am a resident of) for KC's trial, that money is chump change!
How much would it have cost the county and state had they kept looking for Caylee?

It makes me very sad to see no one offer to help RK and every dill hole big shot run to the A's and give FREE service.

I agree. We can only hope that such assistance will be forthcoming for RK.

OT:
In your sig the correct quote for Raygun would be "Facts are stupid things." At the time (1988) he was misquoting John Adams, who had said "stubborn" originally.

When Kronk and his attorney made their first press appearance, they made it clear that they did not want the media contacting Roy. Please stay away.

Next thing we know... Kronk is on Good Morning America with his rattlesnake photo.

When Kronk and his attorney made their first press appearance, they made it clear that they did not want the media contacting Roy. Please stay away.

Next thing we know... Kronk is on Good Morning America with his rattlesnake photo.

Yes, his story kinda started with snakes didn't it.

Too bad.

So do you think Kronk (or his lawyer) contacted GMA, or GMA disobeyed the explicit request for privacy?

So do you think Kronk (or his lawyer) contacted GMA, or GMA disobeyed the explicit request for privacy?
Not meaning to be picky, HD, but you can't "disobey" a request. Disregard, maybe.

All of that notwithstanding, I didn't begrudge the guy the GMA cash back then, because it sure seemed like he could use it, and now it would seem that there are even more reasons to feel that way.

Not meaning to be picky, HD, but you can't "disobey" a request. Disregard, maybe.

I understand. Kronk did the same too. Back in August, the LE dispatcher told him do not touch anything that looked suspicious. About his find in December - Kronk told us that he picked up a bag before seeing the skull.

All of that notwithstanding, I didn't begrudge the guy the GMA cash back then, because it sure seemed like he could use it, and now it would seem that there are even more reasons to feel that way.

Some folks here said he should use the money to pay his past-due child support.

I understand. Kronk did the same too. Back in August, the LE dispatcher told him do not touch anything that looked suspicious. About his find in December - Kronk told us that he picked up a bag before seeing the skull.

Have to go back and look, 'cause I'm not sure. For some reason I was thinking that he picked up the bag, saw the skull, and then made that 3rd call.

continued;
Some folks here said he should use the money to pay his past-due child support.
And I am in full agreement with that sentiment. Quite frankly, though, I don't much care how he spent the money.

Have to go back and look, 'cause I'm not sure. For some reason I was thinking that he picked up the bag, saw the skull, and then made that 3rd call.

That final call would have been his fourth (it was actually to his own dispatcher).

1. Aug 11
2. Aug 12
3. Aug 13
4. Dec 11

He was instructed not to touch anything suspicious back in August.

That final call would have been his fourth (it was actually to his own dispatcher).

1. Aug 11
2. Aug 12
3. Aug 13
4. Dec 11

He was instructed not to touch anything suspicious back in August.
Thank you for the clarification.

To be honest, if it had been me after so much time had elapsed and with those persistent suspicions, I probably would have picked up the bag too.

If only to avoid "crying wolf" again.

Stand by. I may have made a mistake. I just read the call transcripts. Nothing there about telling Kronk not to touch anything back in August. I thought I heard that on the audio. I'm going to listen again. I'll retract my statement if it isn't there on audio.

I think it's perfectly understandable that the county would not want to pay an attorney to negotiate Kronk's paid media appearances. If the attorney has billed the county for that, he has abused the system, IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back