Roy Kronk has to start paying legal bills to maintain privacy

Nobody told Kronk not to touch anything in the August calls. Forget that I said it.

i hate to be the one to say this but...
kronk put himself in that situation when he set out to discover the body.
he should've known that all this drama would come with being the one to discover her.

it shouldn't be that way, but it unfortunately is. and it's a shame it's costing him money. i hope there's a way he can get some of it back

This kinda makes me sad.

But.........I definitely think that he should have representation just for the fact alone look at who and what he is dealing with. The odds that they would try to pin it on him somehow is just a given. He would be foolish not to. Should the county have to pay for it not so sure on that one. He did go searching on his own, not like the county said "oh by the way while you are out there could ya..........."

It is just so sad that the one person that ultimately brought Caylee home is the one that is just trying to live his life and by gosh I can only hope that a decent and respecting human being that happens to be a lawyer in Florida will stand up and say, "I'll help you and together we will get you through" "oh and I think I should be able to waive my fees for you."

RK you were the voice for Caylee when she had none and Bless You for it. :clap:

i hate to be the one to say this but...
kronk put himself in that situation when he set out to discover the body.
he should've known that all this drama would come with being the one to discover her.

it shouldn't be that way, but it unfortunately is. and it's a shame it's costing him money. i hope there's a way he can get some of it back
(bold above by me)

I'm not certain that he actually "set out to discover the body", but that's neither here nor there.

He did know that there would be adverse consequences for him. He said as much in the call when he said "What if there's a fri**** body." or words to that effect.

This is exactly why I believe that he deserves credit for his actions, because he went ahead and did what he felt was right in spite of his reservations. And indeed his reservations proved to be correct ones.

This kinda makes me sad.

But.........I definitely think that he should have representation just for the fact alone look at who and what he is dealing with. The odds that they would try to pin it on him somehow is just a given. He would be foolish not to. Should the county have to pay for it not so sure on that one. He did go searching on his own, not like the county said "oh by the way while you are out there could ya..........."

As for representation for media and such the county should not be picking up that tab at all and shame on the lawyer that billed them for it.

It is just so sad that the one person that ultimately brought Caylee home is the one that is just trying to live his life and by gosh I can only hope that a decent and respecting human being that happens to be a lawyer in Florida will stand up and say, "I'll help you and together we will get you through" "oh and I think I should be able to waive my fees for you."

(bold above by me)

Is this a rumor at birth? Do we know that that happened?

I don't think that mere sum mentioned would buy a great deal of media contract negotiations.

I'm not certain that he actually "set out to discover the body", but that's neither here nor there.

I'm not so sure about that. You should watch him on GMA.

About his first time to the wooded area: "I used to be a boarding officer in the Coast Guard, and I also was a bail bondsman/bounty hunter for years - and it just kinda made sense to me that if you were gonna get rid of something like that - with the smell of the swamp decay on both sides of the road - it would've been a great place to hide it." (at about 2:50 in the linked clip)

I understand. Kronk did the same too. Back in August, the LE dispatcher told him do not touch anything that looked suspicious. About his find in December - Kronk told us that he picked up a bag before seeing the skull.

Some folks here said he should use the money to pay his past-due child support.

I love your posts and hate to disagree with you....but....

I think he had to go on GMA. He was being attacked and wanted to set the record straight. I would have done the same.

I think he's been a perfect gentleman...he was trashed by the As, and didn't fight back, though it must have been hard.

His wife died of cancer recently and that apparently, and understandably drained him financially. It's not like he spent the kids money on a nigeriam mail scam or something. He was stuck with some very hard choices it would appear.

I feel so sorry for this guy. It seems to me that the BC spin is really working. The only people I see getting attacked on these boards anymore are the ones the As throw under the bus (RK, JG, ZG etc). And that's a general comment, not directed at Hot Dogs!

This kinda makes me sad.

:clap::clap::clap:

Great post and ITA.

I hope 1 day the As do the right thing and apologise for attacking him on national tv like they did. I thought that was so sad. I really don't get why they can't just thank him, but I guess it's all about getting Casey off, and they, and it seems a lot of the public, don't seem to care who they throw under the bus to accomplish it.

hmmm....I can't find where Kronk is being attacked on these boards.

WESH reports that the attorney bills paid on Kronk's behalf total $10,000.

In addition, WESH 2 learned Thursday that Orange County taxpayers have picked up $10,000 in expenses for the attorney representing the former meter reader who discovered Caylee Anthony's remains.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29028425/

(bold above by me)

He did know that there would be adverse consequences for him. He said as much in the call when he said "What if there's a fri**** body." or words to that effect.

This is exactly why I believe that he deserves credit for his actions, because he went ahead and did what he felt was right in spite of his reservations. And indeed his reservations proved to be correct ones.

I totally agree. But even when he thought about all the possible adverse consequences, I wonder if he ever thought the As attorney might be on Geraldo a month later throwing him under the bus?

I think he had to go on GMA. He was being attacked and wanted to set the record straight. I would have done the same.

No he didn't. He could have easily gone to any local Orlando media. Before going on GMA, it was reported by his lawyer that he was in negotiations with media. Maybe the locals were low bidders for the rattlesnake photo. ;)

I feel so sorry for this guy. It seems to me that the BC spin is really working. The only people I see getting attacked on these boards anymore are the ones the As throw under the bus (RK, JG, ZG etc). And that's a general comment, not directed at Hot Dogs!

LP thought Kronk was daisy-chained before BC had anything to say about him.

No he didn't. He could have easily gone to any local Orlando media. Before going on GMA, it was reported by his lawyer that he was in negotiations with media. Maybe the locals were low bidders for the rattlesnake photo. ;)

Yes, LP did. I think LP's allegation that Kronk had inside knowledge about the location of the body is much more malicious than anything BC said about Kronk being 'funky'.

In addition, WESH 2 learned Thursday that Orange County taxpayers have picked up $10,000 in expenses for the attorney representing the former meter reader who discovered Caylee Anthony's remains.

There are a lot of people that believe he had something to do with Caylee's body getting there....I'm not one of them. LP is also partly responsible for that story obviously and so is BC. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the daisy chain is fantasy.

There are a lot of people that believe he had something to do with Caylee's body getting there....I'm not one of them. LP is also partly responsible for that story obviously and so is BC. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the daisy chain is fantasy.
bOlD mInE

BuNnYpHoEnIx

ItA

Maybe OC could sue the people who threw him under the bus to recover the money they've had to pay out? If a lawyer went on international tv and suggested I had lied to police in relation to the investigation of a baby's murder, and that he knew there was more "funky" stuff to come out about me, I'd want a lawyer too!

The Orlando Sentinal / Sun Sentinal article is more informative.

Orange County has set the price of sudden fame: $10,000. That's the maximum the county will spend on a lawyer to represent former meter reader Roy Kronk. Kronk was a low-profile, $10.60-per-hour county employee when he was thrust into the spotlight through his involvement in the high-profile murder case.

"According to the terms of his agreement with the county, (David) Evans is being paid $225 hourly -- a discount of about $100 off his normal rate. So far, he has billed $7,582.50 for services including phone conferences with news media and Kronk himself, preparation of a statement and letters and attendance at a news conference.

"The county will not pay for services related to Kronk's paid appearances on TV or in other media, or for negotiations that might result in his being paid. That includes Kronk's segment last month on Good Morning America."

"If Evans is required to represent Kronk as a witness in the criminal case against Caylee's mother, Casey Anthony, Evans has asked the county in writing to consider raising its cap."

What is it that people don't seem to understand? Or is it that they don't bother to actually read any of the articles?

There are a lot of people that believe he had something to do with Caylee's body getting there....I'm not one of them.

I'm not one of them either. Who are these lots of people who think Kronk was involved with the body dump?

The attacks on him were made on international television. For some crazy reason, GR and NG are broadcast in many countries all over the world. Why should he answer those accusations only in the local press when the attacks were broadcast all over the world?

I don't care if LP beat BC to it or the other way around. But LP is not a lawyer and his words do not carry the same weight...in fact, most take what he says with a grain of salt.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back