Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Krista and if these "neighbors" were afraid of payback maybe the POIs names being leaked would have made them feel safer to talk to LE.

Sounds like most of Goergetown County already knew their names anyway. I am SO SHOCKED that no one came forward....or no one close to them came forward. I mean, I love my family as much as the next person, but we are talking about AT LEAST 4 violent crimes associated with the Taylor boys. The girl that was murdered with Randell Taylor being a suspect, the truck found ON THE PROPERTY that is connected to a Charleston murder, Brittanee, and now RM. You can't possibly be THAT good of a neighbor, THAT wonderful a friend that I could overlook ALL of these innocent people's lives.

Nosysw,

I have NO CLUE....wishful thinking on my part?? I guess I just THOUGHT I read it. To my knowledge, the only thing I can find is that she elbowed him and saw that he was bleeding. Sorry for the confusion!

Anyone care to guess why they didn't name the POI's now?

I'm figuring since Shaun couldnt be found for a day or two, and the others arent in custody, LE figured they'd do what most cockroaches do - scatter when the lights came on...and the lights probably came on with the sketches, descriptions and description of the van. Maybe Shaun just thinks he can outsmart everyone if he has thus far.

I'm figuring since Shaun couldnt be found for a day or two, and the others arent in custody, LE figured they'd do what most cockroaches do - scatter when the lights came on...and the lights probably came on with the sketches, descriptions and description of the van. Maybe Shaun just thinks he can outsmart everyone if he has thus far.

Remember though they have known who these people are for a long time but used discretion and did not want to name them...

Which makes me believe LE didn't have a constant watch on these people considering they were able to go and try to abduct another person

Remember though they have known who these people are for a long time but used discretion and did not want to name them...

I've got to believe that the Drexel family....and apparently other families....want some sort of closure. They want their children to come home....to give their daughters a proper burial or to help them with years of therapy.

I understand the need to get as much evidence as possible against these guys....but I also wonder about how much evidence has been lost due to the amount of time passed and exposure to the elements.

Right..and my knee jerk reaction asks - But did the suspects know LE was on to them? but of course they did IF these were the same 3/4 POI's who had been questioned...

come on Doc, don't torture us too bad here. :blowkiss:

Well, Ok, one more guess Doc....because of the <ahem>poopstorm<ahem> that's bound to descend upon SC now if this does lead to something substantial in BD and putting the names/suspects would have just stirred the pot without better evidence in BD, and now they have this case with witnesses, out of the exact control of LE....

I'm rambling again - let me shut up.

(But you can tell me if I'm hot or cold.)

Right..and my knee jerk reaction asks - But did the suspects know LE was on to them? but of course they did IF these were the same 3/4 POI's who had been questioned...

come on Doc, don't torture us too bad here. :blowkiss:

You gotta go back to the summer of 1994 in a way. This wasn't as dramatic as that, which lead to the invention of reality TV but this still won't sit well with middle/upper class America which probably accounts for 2/3's of MB tourist. The best thing LE can do is lock them all up forever.

You gotta go back to the summer of 1994 in a way. This wasn't as dramatic as that, which lead to the invention of reality TV but this still won't sit well with middle/upper class America which probably accounts for 2/3's of MB tourist. The best thing LE can do is lock them all up forever.

Gotcha.

P.S. It's still gonna be a poopstorm.

P.S.S. Gotta admit, it's not what I expected. At all. But again, what leads me to ponder trafficking, statistically speaking.

P.S.S.S. I was warm.

New story on www.carolinalive.com

I clipped this part

Since Brittanee was last seen leaving the Blue Water Resort on Ocean Boulevard in Myrtle Beach in April of 2009, Dawn has made the more than 800 mile trip countless times between the Grand Strand and her home in Rochester, New York, looking for answers.

Now the family hopes that Wednesday arrest of Shaun Taylor may provide those answers.

"I have heard his name before and his brother's and his circle of his friends," said Chad Drexel, Brittanee's father. "So, this is a positive thing for this family... the family and law enforcement feel that it's no coincidence that it's within the same proximity (of Brittanee's disappearance)."
Dawn added, "we don't know if there are any connections between Brittanee, between that case and Brittanee's. There are a lot of similarities but right now at this point we're just waiting to hear backfrom police."

But the similarities are providing at least some hope.

"I had goose bumps," admitted Chad, "we're getting one step closer to knowing where our daughter is."

So sorry I was so skeptical of this girl's story also. I feel terrible about it. Just thankful LE did not give up on it. This girl is one lucky person and to retain all of the details and be able to pick this guy out, simply amazing. I am blown away. (Wiping egg from my face and glad of it)

I'm wiping egg off mine right with you! :blushing:

Following these crazy cases can make one a little jaded, to say the least.

Here's to some answers for Brittanee's family and all who love her.

My guess is that they wanted to be named. They were jealous of the name that the others made for themselves by getting away with the 1998 murder (I'm thinking this was a younger generation of the same gang). They used their notoriety to terrorize the neighborhood and get one-up on rivals. These guys were bragging & letting everyone know it was them - but they wanted to be on TV & in the papers and LE knew it and wouldn't give them the satisfaction.

Maybe Brittanee's day is coming soon. Hopefully her friends and family can get answers and begin the healing process. This open wound they've been suffering with is unimaginable.

How close is the road that Shaun Taylor lives on to where Brittanee's glasses were found? From the info we got from the family who found the glasses, it looks like it was on the same side of the river and on a different side of route 17. I don't know how/what that info helps, but it helps me work stuff out in my head.

It seems that their location of interest might be somewhere in between this area? Or somewhere just past where the glasses were found (i.e. if they were dropped). Of course, it seems like that would be the actual river itself, though.

Yes, LLLindsayy, that's correct. The glasses were found on the opposite side of HWY 17, but on the same side of the river. The distance between Shaun's house and where the glasses were located is......maybe 2.5 miles.
After looking at the map, though, I think that the most likely route would be for them to take Hwy 17 to the last location or to the Taylor house/neighbor's house......and then to drive a direct route to Old Georgetown Hwy....which is not only desolate, but also runs right along the S Santee river. That would take them kind of past the section where the glasses were found, but it would be a direct route and it would be an isolated route. It would also allow them to walk through the woods towards that area where the glasses were found. Another thought could be that Brittanee managed to escape....and that she dropped the glasses there, before being taken again. I don't want to think about that scenario.
Here's the route I'm talking about. It's roughly 3 miles from the Taylor home: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...-79.49406&sspn=0.232903,0.673599&ie=UTF8&z=13

This is a good video, Strawberry! Thank you for posting this. Very informative.

Thanks for all the updates everybody! I've had a busy afternoon and haven't posted but have been reading here.

Prayers for Britt and her family!

wm

Actually, WM, I believe Stillwaters or RoseC posted this good video. I cannot get sound on it but thanks to other posters, I think I get the idea of most everything that was stated. Not sure why I can only get sound on the advertisement on it but zero sound on the actual video, itself. I have gone to the website and everything but to no avail.

Actually, WM, I believe Stillwaters or RoseC posted this good video. I cannot get sound on it but thanks to other posters, I think I get the idea of most everything that was stated. Not sure why I can only get sound on the advertisement on it but zero sound on the actual video, itself. I have gone to the website and everything but to no avail.

Him and his crew have to be familiar with the forest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname