Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bond hearing was set for 9 am and it's now 9:20. Hopefully ST's bond will be set at an amount that is so high that he is unable to bond out. Keeping my fingers crossed. It would be a shame if he is turned back out on the streets to do cleanup, intimidate others not to talk and whatever else these mafioso type gangs do to terrorize a community!

wm

Has anyone heard anything about bond for this guy? I read something about one of the suspects in one of the other cases mentioned about being on a barge of some sort was the reason they could not find him. So that brings to mind the whole trafficking thing. Wonder if this ST has a job or if he makes a living dealing drugs or just being a tyrant in his neighborhood. (IMO)

The bond hearing was set for 9 am and it's now 9:20. Hopefully ST's bond will be set at an amount that is so high that he is unable to bond out. Keeping my fingers crossed. It would be a shame if he is turned back out on the streets to do cleanup, intimidate others not to talk and whatever else these mafioso type gangs do to terrorize a community!

wm

I was asking about bond when you were posting this. Thanks for answering my question before I asked it WM.

Nothing yet on his bond,will keep checking!!!!!!
But read his transcript that he had to say,listed below!!
(((this Taylor and interveiwer)))))

On Monday, detectives from Myrtle Beach and other assisting law enforcement agencies executed a search warrant at Taylor's home on Old Collins Creek Road in Charleston County, near the Georgetown County line.

Police seized several items, including what was presumed to be a stolen truck which has been linked to a homicide in Charleston County, NewsChannel 15 has confirmed.

As Taylor turned himself in Wednesday morning, Taylor said he said he didn't have much to say.

The following is part of the exchange between this reporter and Taylor as he made his way into the jail. The questions are italicized.

Do you have any comment on the charges you face?

"Nah, not really. I mean it's not me."

Why do you say it's not you?

"because it's not me."

Why do you think they say it's you?

"I'm not sure, but talk to you later. I got to go."

Do you have any idea who might have done this?

"I'm not even from around this area."
(((((end now read on))))))

This past April, detectives confirmed they had developed several persons of interest in Drexel's case. All of the persons of interest are from the McClellanville area, though no arrests have been made.

While Shaun Taylor wasn't named an official person of interest in Drexel's case, detectives interviewed him and showed strong interest in him during the early stages of the investigation -- which may explain why detectives returned to him and McClellanville after last week's failed abduction.

Again, this reporter asked Taylor about any knowledge of the Drexel case. Here's the following exchange:

Do you know anything about the Brittanee Drexel case?

"Nothing about that."

Do you know that name?

"I see it on TV a lot."

Do you have any idea who might have been involved in that?

"No, I don't."

Were you involved with Brittanee Drexel's disappearance?

"No, I wasn't."

TAYLOR'S BACKGROUND

Taylor's recent charges are merely two of many he's faced since the early 1990s, and while he has not been convicted of anything in connection with the abductions, he does have a list of other convictions.

Since 1994, Taylor has been convicted of nearly 30 offenses in Georgetown and Charleston counties.

Taylor was convicted of driving under suspension and giving false information to police in Georgetown County in 1994.

Two years later, in 1996, he was convicted of disorderly conduct, also in Georgetown County. Then in 1998, Taylor was charged and convicted in Charleston County for failing to stop for blue lights and also for criminal domestic violence.

The following year he was found guilty of driving under the influence and, again, driving under suspension in Charleston County.

In 2001, he was convicted of failing to pay child support in Charleston County. In 2005, Taylor was found guilty for another driving under suspension charge.

In between 2001 and 2009, he was convicted of 17 different contempt of court charges.

OTHER CASES GET SECOND LOOK

In February 2001, Shaun Taylor's brother, Randall Keith Taylor, was one of five men arrested and charged in connection to the death of a missing 19-year-old from St. Stephen, SC.

According to The Post and Courier in Charleston, SC, Shannon McConaughey was last seen leaving the Cracker Barrel in North Charleston on Jan. 29, 1998.

Her car was found burned in some woods near Awendaw two weeks later, and her body was found in March of that year in some woods near McClellanville.

Eventually, the charges were dismissed against Taylor and the other men because of what defense attorneys described as a lack of evidence.

Sources on the Drexel case have also raised eyebrows at the mention of a fourth woman, Crystal Gail Soles, who vanished just miles from the McClellanville area in 2005. Soles was last seen leaving Shaw's Corner store near Andrews, and officials think she was abducted.

"There are just too many young, white girls going missing (with a connection to that area)," one source close to the case said.

Stay with NewsChannel 15 and CarolinaLive.com for more information as it becomes available.

I was asking about bond when you were posting this. Thanks for answering my question before I asked it WM.

You are welcome, Strawberry!

SeaNymph, I agree with you about the purse and the sims card was probably dumped too, but I am not so sure about the cell phone.

This is MOO based on training I received while working for a telecommunications company as a customer service (really sales) rep in a call center. This was back in '01/'02 but we were trained to 'offer/sell' certain products to certain ethnic/socioeconic groups based on prior trends. Cell phones and pagers were coveted items in the AA community.

(pssst. I really, really disliked that job. oh the stories I could tell)

I am probably grasping at straws here but I think it is highly possible that someones sister, cousin, aunt, or niece has Britt's pink cell phone.

I hope this is not offensive to anyone as that is not the intention so please don't flog the messenger!
MOO.

wm

You are welcome, Strawberry!

SeaNymph, I agree with you about the purse and the sims card was probably dumped too, but I am not so sure about the cell phone.

This is MOO based on training I received while working for a telecommunications company as a customer service (really sales) rep in a call center. This was back in '01/'02 but we were trained to 'offer/sell' certain products to certain ethnic/socioeconic groups based on prior trends. Cell phones and pagers were coveted items in the AA community.

(pssst. I really, really disliked that job. oh the stories I could tell)

I am probably grasping at straws here but I think it is highly possible that someones sister, cousin, aunt, or niece has Britt's pink cell phone.

I hope this is not offensive to anyone as that is not the intention so please don't flog the messenger!
MOO.

wm

LOL i agree with you,,i to work with BellSouth call center for there dsl yep the stories we could telll,,,,
yep i agree im willing to bet that pink cell is in that seem area in someones pocket,odd cant figure out why they tossed those sexy sunshades out lol

I've got a question...

Would there be a risk to one of the perps (or a member of the family) using BD's phone?

Why I ask that...

My provider is US Cellular. I know when I have anything done with my phone (or am getting a new phone) the representative takes out the battery and logs in the serial # or some kind of ID # from the inside of the phone.

If other cell providers do this... Say the perp takes the phone to the local Verizon office to have the phone turned back on or have minutes put on the phone...wouldn't these serial #'s or ID #'s be logged into a computer and have the potential to send up red flags that this was BD's phone?

If my memory serves me correctly - Britt's phone wasn't exactly a Verizon - but an off shoot of a Verizon company and I believe DD cancelled the account within a few months of BD going missing. So presumably the phone would have been inoperable at a certain date.

Am wondering if the charger was in BD's purse or if it was left behind in her hotel room.

If the perps had been using BD's phone during the time the account was still activated, looks like LE would have been able to trace that phone to a certain area - if someone was using it?

Surely LE has the original ID #'s from BD's cell phone and would be checking to see if this phone had been reactivated?

LOL i agree with you,,i to work with BellSouth call center for there dsl yep the stories we could telll,,,,
yep i agree im willing to bet that pink cell is in that seem area in someones pocket,odd cant figure out why they tossed those sexy sunshades out lol

OMG! You worked for Bellsouth too!? So glad that someone understands what I'm talking about!! We must share stories sometime. LOL!

I can't figure out the sunshades either. I am hoping that Britt tossed them there herself when they took her wherever they took her. Weren't the sunglasses on her head in the vid of her leaving the hotel? I think it's very possible that Britt may be in the same area where the sunglasses were found.

It's a very sad thought for me but I came to the realization that Britt is no longer with us when LE made the statement. I just don't think they would tell Mr & Ms Drexel such a thing without good reason.

MOO

wm

I've got a question...

Would there be a risk to one of the perps (or a member of the family) using BD's phone?

Why I ask that...

My provider is US Cellular. I know when I have anything done with my phone (or am getting a new phone) the representative takes out the battery and logs in the serial # or some kind of ID # from the inside of the phone.

If other cell providers do this... Say the perp takes the phone to the local Verizon office to have the phone turned back on or have minutes put on the phone...wouldn't these serial #'s or ID #'s be logged into a computer and have the potential to send up red flags that this was BD's phone?

If my memory serves me correctly - Britt's phone wasn't exactly a Verizon - but an off shoot of a Verizon company and I believe DD cancelled the account within a few months of BD going missing. So presumably the phone would have been inoperable at a certain date.

Am wondering if the charger was in BD's purse or if it was left behind in her hotel room.

If the perps had been using BD's phone during the time the account was still activated, looks like LE would have been able to trace that phone to a certain area - if someone was using it?

Surely LE has the original ID #'s from BD's cell phone and would be checking to see if this phone had been reactivated?

Morning MBLover,
from my understanding on cell someone was using it,this how Gtown Le really located the area, see all was not told to the public,they been question Taylor,since the beginning,but nothing panned out no cell could be found,,,,,,,i know i said the pink cell was probley in someones pocket,but not being used,,,,,i feel just keeping it for a trophy,,,,but when i work with BellSouth,,,its true there is ID on sim card under the battery,but if they removed that sim card then you cant trace it,,,,hope that made since!!!

Still no breaking news on his Bond hearing,,im pulling he get bond,but i feel he needs sit for along time,,

Off to work for the day. I'll be back this evening sometime and I hope to hear some type of news. Keep up the chatter -- it's bringing in some new names that I don't recognize :)

And I haven't seen 11 members and 10 guests viewing this thread in a very long time! Hello to all of you.

RoseC, I thought the same thing about the sunglasses. I've heard of cases where a male will commit a crime and give his significant other possessions that belonged to the victims. Were they designer glasses or just look-a-likes?

About the cell phones. My nephew just had his Droid stolen and my dd's bf had his cell phone stolen also. If they can't use them why steal them? I always thought if you put a new sim card in then it could be used and untraceable. ????

I've got a question...

Why I ask that...

MBLover,

It has been a few years since I worked for the phone company and technology has changed alot since then. However, I'll add my :twocents: FWIW.

Both of my children and myself had service with Cingular. Both kids would save to buy the newest, coolest phone and would discard the old ones in a drawer. I dropped my cell in a vat of mop water one day. I simply removed my card from the damaged phone and slid it into one of the discarded ones in the drawer. However, this only worked because we all had the same provider. I didn't need to contact the company that I changed my sims card to a different phone and my plan continued uninterrupted. There was no footprint of the phone itself, just the sims card.

Nowadays I have a prepaid phone which doesn't have a sims card. I lost my phone a few months ago and purchased a new one. In order to switch my service to the new phone I did have to enter a serial number for the new phone.

I am guessing that it depends on the service provider. However, all the perp would have to do is know who is Britt's provider, which is easily done by turning the phone off and then on again and the provider logo shows on the screen. If it's the same provider, then wah lah, just switch out the sims card. And universal chargers can be found and bought at the local pharmacy store to fit any phone.

You have good questions. I certainly hope that LE has checked more than just the 'pings' and have actually looked at serial numbers and/or new accounts set up after her disappearance with which ever company provided Britt's cell phone service. I just have a hunch that this could be a vital clue if LE diggs deep enough.

Hope this helps answer some of your questions.

all MOO

wm

About the cell phones. My nephew just had his Droid stolen and my dd's bf had his cell phone stolen also. If they can't use them why steal them? I always thought if you put a new sim card in then it could be used and untraceable. ????

You right lizzy, im pretty sure if you replace that sim card you be ok and then cell cant be trace back to it,,sim card is tracking ,and if replaced then cant track it to the first,,my son drop his in river,so he used a old sim card in it but everything was like old sin card,info etc,,,,,now if bd cell had gps on it,be diff but im sure it didnt,,,,,,so sad,i just hope the family can get answers,,,,

Hey guys, I have been an avid lurker of Brittanee's threads for some time. I am so glad there is at least chatter if not more to get her name back out there. You guys have been very devoted to help finding Britt and should be commended. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname