Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I heard his whole interview on Kimberly and Beck today and my take is that he isnt so much pissed that DD lawyer said something but more pissed that he wasnt "in the loop." BTW, I think it should be made clear, which K&B failed to do, that the Charleston reporter got the info about named suspect/s from LE, NOT from DD lawyer. He called lawyer after talking to LE and he confirmed that yes there were suspect/s. Thats all he said. Yes, I agree that this "revelation" will not hurt anything. Dare I say it may even help??

CD seems not too happy about the latest information being made public. I understand his concern but I don't think it will hurt anything. Might even help

http://www.twcnews.com/nys/rocheste...cts-identified-in-brittanee-drexel-case-.html

I think his anger is ironic considering he is the one who leaked the 5 days she was held. He was also the one to post the link to the Ts on his facebook with a very telling statement. I think CD just likes to be the one with the information. I'm guessing the attorney is trying to push the people to come forward on behalf of DD.

Actually, I heard his whole interview on Kimberly and Beck today and my take is that he isnt so much pissed that DD lawyer said something but more pissed that he wasnt "in the loop." BTW, I think it should be made clear, which K&B failed to do, that the Charleston reporter got the info about named suspect/s from LE, NOT from DD lawyer. He called lawyer after talking to LE and he confirmed that yes there were suspect/s. Thats all he said. Yes, I agree that this "revelation" will not hurt anything. Dare I say it may even help??

Thanks to those of you who recapped the broadcast. I tried to make it... I really did. But I fell asleep on the couch at 10:30!

I don't think any groundbreaking news is going to come from the mouths of a reporter at 11 o'clock at night. Just being honest you guys. I think the best bet we have for groundbreaking news is via an official press conference from the investigating authorities. BUT -- we may be able to glean a sense of what's coming if we keep our eyes on the arrest records! I've been doing that but there are several counties and so many names to check. It is such a shame that so many people can have knowledge about this case and the guilt is not eating them alive. I don't know how they can live with themselves.

That said, I didn't hear what I wanted to hear from this broadcast. I was truly hoping to hear that they had arrested all of the people responsible for taking Brittanee, abusing her, AND all of the people who withheld the information for SEVEN YEARS!! I was hoping to hear they hanged all of them by their earlobes and were currently allowing the general population to have their way with them. But no such luck.

The reporter is calling these people suspects instead of persons of interest. Has LE officially changed their wording or is this reporter just calling it like he sees it? We more or less knew Brittanee was held in multiple locations based on what they reported in the press conference on June 8.

I'm happy Brittanee's face is out there.
So are the suspects the same ones we have thought for awhile now? I wonder why they are not releasing names!
For those interested in keeping up with arrest records. Click on the links, accept the terms, confirm you're not a robot, and then search away.

Charleston County:
http://jcmsweb.charlestoncounty.org/publicindex/

Georgetown County:
http://publicindex.sccourts.org/georgetown/publicindex/

Berkeley County because they were there for some reason!:
http://publicindex.sccourts.org/berkeley/publicindex/

Sent from my Nexus 7

Cops say Brozowitz and four of his friends stayed at the Bluewater Hotel on Ocean Boulevard. The four friends told police that they met Brittanee briefly at a nightclub, but didn't know her.

Police say the next day Drexel met all five on the beach near the Bluewater. She then came back to their room that night for about ten minutes.

Police say the teen then left to go back to her motel to return some clothing to a friend.

That's the last time anyone saw her.

Police interviewed Brozowitz and his friends after Brittanee went missing. Crosby said at this point, none of the friends are suspects.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/32437...earancemurder?clienttype=generic&sf30911935=1

Now, it is always good to approach media articles with a healthy dose of skepticism. Reporters make mistakes. Reporters are given leaks that may or may not be factual in order to serve LE interests. And of course people can be just wrong about their theories of a case. So take what follows with that caveat.

I've bolded some key phrases from the quotation taken from the linked article. The writer appears to be very careful to distinguish between "Brozowitz" and the "four friends" throughout this passage, up to the point in which the writer says "none of the friends" are suspects.

Now that is one carefully ambiguous statement. My own reading is that "none of the friends" refers to the four friends--excluding Brozowitz--are suspects, because when the writer means Brozowitz, the writer either names him directly or refers to "the five." The other way to read it is that "none of the friends" refers to the five, which means Brozowitz wouldn't be a suspect.

If my own reading is correct, someone is turning up the heat via mainstream media.

So are the suspects the same ones we have thought for awhile now? I wonder why they are not releasing names!

Sent from my Nexus 7

Court, I just want to confirm that LE hasn't released any of the suspects names yet, but they have said they live in and around the McClellanville community. We are left to infer who specifically they are focusing on but I don't think it's anyway outside of who we've previously looked into.

I respect everyone's opinions because no one truly knows the whole of what happened here, but I maintain I don't think anyone from ROC is guilty of anything more than being a jerk.

Just stopping in real quick before I go to bed. I'll be back in the morning to post a bit more and continue reviewing the threads. Is Brittanee home yet? Are these suspects hanging by the earlobes yet? Where is justice??

It is clear Dawn is leaning toward Brittanee being trafficked.

Brittanee was in Myrtle Beach on spring break with some friends when she was kidnapped.

Her mother says those friends didn't offer to help her after her daughter disappeared and still haven't spoken with her.

"For them to come back and not say a word, something happened down there and I'm not sure the way to connect this, but to me, I just think that they knew something," she said.

Dawn believes Brittanee was a victim of human trafficking.

"I thought she was trafficked before I spoke with law enforcement just this past meeting that we had," she said.

More:
http://www.live5news.com/story/32445408/brittanee-drexels-mom-murder-a-hard-pill-to-swallow

You hit the nail on the head ITA

I think his anger is ironic considering he is the one who leaked the 5 days she was held. He was also the one to post the link to the Ts on his facebook with a very telling statement. I think CD just likes to be the one with the information. I'm guessing the attorney is trying to push the people to come forward on behalf of DD.

You guys, I am appalled.

I listened to the link posted here earlier containing a clip of the radio show. I don't know if I heard the whole thing because it was so short and only included the reporter from SC mentioning the rumor about a possible party in Rochester before the Myrtle Beach trip and also the fact that Brittanee tried to escape once and that's what got her killed. That's the part that literally shattered my heart. I cannot imagine how hurt and scared she was during all of this and for it to just end that way! And this reporter seemed to know how Brittanee was killed! Anyway else pick up on that? He emphasized that this was a brutal murder -- almost like he knew exactly what happened. I trust LE does and I trust they told her parents. Facing the unfortunate facts, we know how Shannon was murdered and this is probably no different. So sad but probably true.

I have now pulled forward several places that LE focused their searches on in past years. One area of interest was in Georgetown County off of Powell Road, Corner Loop. and Belladonna Court. They also focused near the areas of Rutledge Road and Old Georgetown Road -- is this area considered North Charleston? And we also know they spent quite a bit of time in the area of Seven Mile and Old Collins Creek Roads (this is nearby where the cell phone tower is) -- isn't this McClellanville? LE stated they know Brittanee was held in at least three different locations. Georgetown, North Charleston, and McClellanville. What are the chances that these are the three areas? They always reported they didn't find anything substantial in these areas but clearly we know that's not true. They have said they have exhaustive evidence Brittanee was brutally murdered so they found it somewhere (assuming that the evidence is more than just word-of-mouth)!

I'm so saddened to see more drama coming from each side of this family. I wish they could work together on this instead of blatantly taking jabs at each other through the media. Everyone is upset. No need to make anyone more upset. And clearly there is no need the jeopardize the investigation. I do think LE is being very tight-lipped but they must have their reasons. That said, I don't think stating that they have named suspects is going to harm anything. To be honest I thought this all along?! There were definitely already suspects in the court of public opinion. What could hurt things is saying that Brittanee tried to escape and was killed as a result. How many people could know that? You wouldn't get physical evidence of that. It came from someone's tips -- someone who has intimate knowledge of this case. Additionally, I can't imagine someone knowing that information without knowing who did it. Agree or no?

Brittanee's sister posted on Facebook just last night that she feels they are getting close to solving this case. I hope she is right! But it's hard for me to keep my hopes up when I think back to just how many times over the years LE has stated that they just need that one keypiece of evidence to close this case. We've been hearing it for years. I just hope it's true now!!

tumblr_nhtophiqEs1shu79to1_500.jpg

I know LLLindsay, I was appalled too that she may have escaped and that's why she was killed. But, I believe he said one of the theories is this. Not that that's what happened, just that it was one of the theories.

I was also reading this morning, that someone posted a comment on the 13Wham story that a person in custody is talking. I read comment and saw screenshot of it elsewhere, (the public Missing Britt page) but haven't gone to 13Wham to see if it's still there. Maybe someone here can. Interesting, but again, it's nothing that we didn't already think here.

I don't really understand the link between a party in Rochester and her going missing in Myrtle Beach. As far as we know, she was likely killed by a bunch of locals down in ME who had no ties to Rochester.

I know LLLindsay, I was appalled too that she may have escaped and that's why she was killed. But, I believe he said one of the theories is this. Not that that's what happened, just that it was one of the theories.

I was also reading this morning, that someone posted a comment on the 13Wham story that a person in custody is talking. I read comment and saw screenshot of it elsewhere, (the public Missing Britt page) but haven't gone to 13Wham to see if it's still there. Maybe someone here can. Interesting, but again, it's nothing that we didn't already think here.

You're right, it could be just a theory.

I have strong suspicions about a particular JRT who has been in jail on attempted murder charges (unrelated crime). JRT shares the same address as TST and IIRC was in his late teens/early 20s in 2009. It seemed early on that LE was focusing on a younger group of guys than TST & crew, but perhaps they could have worked together. I just don't know, but it seems possible if there is someone in custody giving info.

I don't really understand the link between a party in Rochester and her going missing in Myrtle Beach. As far as we know, she was likely killed by a bunch of locals down in ME who had no ties to Rochester.

Some of us, myself included, think there is a link between someone she was in MB with and the ST or whoever held her captive. Remember, PB worked for a club in Roc. The owner of that club also owned Club Kryptonite in MB, which is the club Britt and "friends" went to the Friday night before she disappeared. They were in the VIP area. And yes, underage.

Also, one of the girls previously lived in the area.

Agreed. I don't think there is a connection. But I do think LE needs to clear that before they can move on (IMO, they already have but the media is just hanging onto it)

Some of us, myself included, think there is a link between someone she was in MB with and the ST or whoever held her captive. Remember, PB worked for a club in Roc. The owner of that club also owned Club Kryptonite in MB, which is the club Britt and "friends" went to the Friday night before she disappeared. They were in the VIP area. And yes, underage.

But it was recently established that PB and his friends were no longer considered as the main persons of interest.

But it was recently established that PB and his friends were no longer considered as the main persons of interest.
PB is obviously a self centered douche, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's responsible for this. The NY group really should have been a little more responsible. I don't recall who traveled with who and how many vehicles they took but it's still shocking that they all left MB knowing they left behind a missing 17 year old girl they traveled there with.

For that alone they should have been changed with something.

You guys, I am appalled.

I listened to the link posted here earlier containing a clip of the radio show. I don't know if I heard the whole thing because it was so short and only included the reporter from SC mentioning the rumor about a possible party in Rochester before the Myrtle Beach trip and also the fact that Brittanee tried to escape once and that's what got her killed. That's the part that literally shattered my heart. I cannot imagine how hurt and scared she was during all of this and for it to just end that way! And this reporter seemed to know how Brittanee was killed! Anyway else pick up on that? He emphasized that this was a brutal murder -- almost like he knew exactly what happened. I trust LE does and I trust they told her parents. Facing the unfortunate facts, we know how Shannon was murdered and this is probably no different. So sad but probably true.

I have now pulled forward several places that LE focused their searches on in past years. One area of interest was in Georgetown County off of Powell Road, Corner Loop. and Belladonna Court. They also focused near the areas of Rutledge Road and Old Georgetown Road -- is this area considered North Charleston? And we also know they spent quite a bit of time in the area of Seven Mile and Old Collins Creek Roads (this is nearby where the cell phone tower is) -- isn't this McClellanville? LE stated they know Brittanee was held in at least three different locations. Georgetown, North Charleston, and McClellanville. What are the chances that these are the three areas? They always reported they didn't find anything substantial in these areas but clearly we know that's not true. They have said they have exhaustive evidence Brittanee was brutally murdered so they found it somewhere (assuming that the evidence is more than just word-of-mouth)!

I'm so saddened to see more drama coming from each side of this family. I wish they could work together on this instead of blatantly taking jabs at each other through the media. Everyone is upset. No need to make anyone more upset. And clearly there is no need the jeopardize the investigation. I do think LE is being very tight-lipped but they must have their reasons. That said, I don't think stating that they have named suspects is going to harm anything. To be honest I thought this all along?! There were definitely already suspects in the court of public opinion. What could hurt things is saying that Brittanee tried to escape and was killed as a result. How many people could know that? You wouldn't get physical evidence of that. It came from someone's tips -- someone who has intimate knowledge of this case. Additionally, I can't imagine someone knowing that information without knowing who did it. Agree or no?

Brittanee's sister posted on Facebook just last night that she feels they are getting close to solving this case. I hope she is right! But it's hard for me to keep my hopes up when I think back to just how many times over the years LE has stated that they just need that one keypiece of evidence to close this case. We've been hearing it for years. I just hope it's true now!!

View attachment 98293

Completely agree. I would not be surprised if the T's were at the club that night and PB worked a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MildredVeraHolmes