Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just throwing this out there, and in no way am I saying that this was Britt's case...but, up until a little over a year ago, I didn't know that alcohol was a problem when you were pregnant. I'm 20 now and just had my birthday, so I was pushing 19 when I found out, and I only did because a friend of mine got pregnant and she didn't have her usual glass of wine with dinner.

I'm sorry Lindsay, I have to say I think you may be the exception to this one. I don't see how you could not know this. My niece covered this is Middle School Health Class, my 11 yr old boys knows this and my 7yr old boy could tell you that anything that you put in your body when you are pregnant you "share" w/your baby. I have been in public and seen pregnant woman smoking and my kids will ask why those woman would do that to their kids. I think in todays world you not only learn it from school, but public service announcement commercials & billboards, etc. I would like to think I am just a good parent that talks to her kids, but I don't think it is just me talking to my kids that they know this even as boys. I have been out of HS for 14 yrs and we learned about this in 6th grade.

I guess my point is, in the slim chance that BD was pregnant, it would then be a slim chance that if she was doing anything like drinking that she wasn't aware of what she would be doing to her baby.
Sorry I have been lurking instead of posting for a bit but couldn't leave that one be.

But i think the boys and girls actions are suspicious... the boys at leaving so soon and the girls moving hotels. My question is why did they move hotels with out B?????? That right there i think is a red flag. Did B know they were changing hotels??? And what time did they change hotels??? Everyone came there together and stayed in one room. Why leave one??? Had they planned on ditching her there?

I think the shorts are a cover up too and P is not being truthful about something. As with J.

I think if this is what is going you hit that one right on the nose. As far as I can tell he does not have a girlfriend he is a player and a GF is not on his agenda .. let alone a baby.

I think the actions are very suspicious as well and I personally think they are involved in this in one way or another. I just stated that because someone mentioned them not being involved. All of those questions you asked have been going through my head like crazy. I don't get why they switched when they were just leaving the next day. It makes absolutely no sense to me.

Perhaps PB and JO knew about her being pregnant (I keep going back to this because I strongly believe she is/was. PB and JO both have connections to MB and perhaps they knew where she could "take care of it" and something went horribly wrong. Just a thought.

I can't imagine if B did in fact tell PB, a player who just wanted to have a good time/easy lay, that he would of handled it well. I don't know any 20 year old who would, even if they loved the girl. It's a lot to take on and he does not seem like the type of guy who wanted that responsibility.

I'm sorry Lindsay, I have to say I think you may be the exception to this one. I don't see how you could not know this. My niece covered this is Middle School Health Class, my 11 yr old boys knows this and my 7yr old boy could tell you that anything that you put in your body when you are pregnant you "share" w/your baby. I have been in public and seen pregnant woman smoking and my kids will ask why those woman would do that to their kids. I think in todays world you not only learn it from school, but public service announcement commercials & billboards, etc. I would like to think I am just a good parent that talks to her kids, but I don't think it is just me talking to my kids that they know this even as boys. I have been out of HS for 14 yrs and we learned about this in 6th grade.

I guess my point is, in the slim chance that BD was pregnant, it would then be a slim chance that if she was doing anything like drinking that she wasn't aware of what she would be doing to her baby.
Sorry I have been lurking instead of posting for a bit but couldn't leave that one be.

Thank you! When I first seen that I was taken aback by it and I had to bite my tongue and make sure I wasn't disrespectful. I'm glad you worded it better than I could have.

With leaving at 1am I can understand it but if I were leaving to drive back 13 hours, I would rest before that long drive. The boys were up watching baseball and partying. That is what makes leaving at 1am seem so spur of the moment. If they were in fact planning on leaving at that time, you would make sure you were well rested before hand.

Maybe the girls did think she ran away. What doesn't make sense to me though is that if she was planning on running away, why didn't she take her clothes? Girls wouldn't leave with only the clothes on their back and I'm pretty sure these other girls, when they switched rooms (which raises another question - why switch hotel's when you're leaving the next day?) noticed everything she owned was there. That to me should have raised suspicion that she didn't run away, even if she told them that was her plan, at that moment in time, that wasn't when she did it.
I have known girls who knew they were pregnant and did drink but it was because they didn't want the baby and we're hoping they would miscarry which goes back to she wasn't planing on keeping it, if she was. No mother in her right mind would drink knowing she was pregnant if she wanted to keep the baby. What happens to the baby when you drink is something that is well known. I don't care how old you are. But maybe if B is like the girls she went up to MB with (only thinks/cares about herself) then maybe she would drink to have a good time because that is what she is used to. Or maybe, since she does drink, she didn't want anyone to think she might be pregnant if all of a sudden she stopped drinking. I don't know. All I know is that if she was pregnant and knew it but continued to drink, that angers me to the core. I hate girls (I don't care if you're a teenager, 20's, 30's, 40's...) who get pregnant and yet continue to party. I got pregnant when I was 19 (I live in Canada and that's our legal drinking age) and as soon as I found out I was, even though it wasn't planned (I was on the pill) I stopped partying altogether to give my baby the life he deserved because he didn't ask to be here!

The switching hotels is very bizarre to me too and if they did have an issue with that hotel, why not take BD's stuff with them. That tells me they had no intention of letting her know of the switch and maybe a fight was possible and they were upset over it. Maybe I am reading too much into it bc I am not used to seeing such insensitive and selfish behavior by adults (who .. btw.. are supposed to be even more mature than BD is with regard to age). Sickens me!!! something is definitely wrong with this picture. Switching hotels, leaving so early in the morning (knowing someone is missing)...

The switching hotels is very bizarre to me too and if they did have an issue with that hotel, why not take BD's stuff with them. That tells me they had no intention of letting her know of the switch and maybe a fight was possible and they were upset over it. Maybe I am reading too much into it bc I am not used to seeing such insensitive and selfish behavior by adults (who .. btw.. are supposed to be even more mature than BD is with regard to age). Sickens me!!! something is definitely wrong with this picture. Switching hotels, leaving so early in the morning (knowing someone is missing)...

I could not agree with you more!! Something definitely if wrong. If you smell smoke there is usually a fire! I'm the same age as these girls and I could not imagine handling myself the way they are (but I guess I was raised better and have the capacity to think of others before myself).

I remember reading somewhere she texted her boyfriend at some point during the trip and told him she was having a terrible time and couldn't wait to get home. Obviously don't know how true that is, but it was on the internet somewhere. That makes me believe that she did not run away, you know? And then on the Dr. Phil show, PB had said the original plan for them to leave was around 6am but decided after the party, to go ahead and leave. Maybe that's when they heard that BD was missing and bailed before the police got involved.

I remember reading somewhere she texted her boyfriend at some point during the trip and told him she was having a terrible time and couldn't wait to get home. Obviously don't know how true that is, but it was on the internet somewhere. That makes me believe that she did not run away, you know? And then on the Dr. Phil show, PB had said the original plan for them to leave was around 6am but decided after the party, to go ahead and leave. Maybe that's when they heard that BD was missing and bailed before the police got involved.

I remember reading about that text to her boyfriend somewhere too.

I watched the Dr.Phil show about this (it's what brought me here) and out of all the stuff that PB said, that stuck out to me most. My immediate thought was that they had to leave before the police got involved because they knew something. There is no way, after partying and drinking, you decide to pack up and drive 13 hours home on no sleep.
I wonder if the boys credit cards have been checked. Maybe they left MB but stopped a few towns over, rented a room for the night and then got back on the road after a much needed sleep. Anyone know what time they got back to Rochester?

I was wondering what time the boys got back to Rochester as well. Didn't the girls say they didn't realize she was missing until around 1 or 2am? ... the same time the boys decided to leave? Correct me if I'm wrong! But if that's the case then they definitely all have to know something. It'd be too coincidental.

I was wondering what time the boys got back to Rochester as well. Didn't the girls say they didn't realize she was missing until around 1 or 2am? ... the same time the boys decided to leave? Correct me if I'm wrong! But if that's the case then they definitely all have to know something. It'd be too coincidental.

Yeah, that's what the girls said. It's crazy how all the times match.

According to a timeline that was on Facebook, B texted JO around 9 saying she was on her way. To me only realizing she was missing around 1 or 2 is strange too. I would think that around 10 at the latest, they would assume something was wrong and would be trying to call her cell. I understand they could of thought she was ignoring them and not wanting to return the shorts (if the shorts story is the truth) but still. I think they would of realized she was missing earlier than that.

Also, if they "realized" she was missing at 1 or 2, why didn't they call the police instead of JH driving all the way and filing a missing persons report at 530am?

Also, if they "realized" she was missing at 1 or 2, why didn't they call the police instead of JH driving all the way and filing a missing persons report at 530am?

That's what I was wondering. If they were innocent, then they'd have nothing to hide and would be in a hurry to call the police to find their friend. Instead, JH comes from NC to do it? Weird. And then of course with them not answering BD's mom's phone calls is fishy enough.

I'm almost going with the drug theory. PB is obviously in the party & club scene, he could've given her a bad batch of whatever, the girls might've freaked out and did who knows what with BD. Between the last time BD was heard from and 2am when they decided BD was missing & the guys left, PB & the girls had plenty of time to come up with a story and they went with she was coming back to return the pair of shorts. But we saw the picture with all 3 of the girls wearing black shorts so I don't think that the shorts story is true.

Yea I also read that some place. That confirms even more that they were all clicking together and leaving BD to fend for herself. There is evidence there. There timing on leaving so early is very suspicious.. one way or another. If we are all thinking this.. you can bet the LE is all over it. Whether we hear about it or not. They always know more than we do. Let's just hope and pray it's enough to get this resolved! I still wish I could see the Dr. Phil episode. I missed it and was really disappointed as I had waited to see it specifically for this case. I can't find the episode anywhere.

Between the last time BD was heard from and 2am when they decided BD was missing & the guys left, PB & the girls had plenty of time to come up with a story and they went with she was coming back to return the pair of shorts. But we saw the picture with all 3 of the girls wearing black shorts so I don't think that the shorts story is true.

I don't think it is either. Someone (I don't recall who and I don't want to go back and search through all the posts for it, sorry) on another thread mentioned that there is no way B would fit into JO's shorts - they would of been too big. In the video of her entering and leaving the hotel they looked tight. I have also seen the picture that you're talking about.

If they made this story up they should of said shirt because the style of shirt would of fit B and also JO and as others have stated time and time again, it is easy to replace black shorts and not a shirt that JO was wearing a year ago.

Yeah, that's what the girls said. It's crazy how all the times match.

According to a timeline that was on Facebook, B texted JO around 9 saying she was on her way. To me only realizing she was missing around 1 or 2 is strange too. I would think that around 10 at the latest, they would assume something was wrong and would be trying to call her cell. I understand they could of thought she was ignoring them and not wanting to return the shorts (if the shorts story is the truth) but still. I think they would of realized she was missing earlier than that.

I hate to say this but.... I wonder if the mother knew that drugs may be a factor and that is why she had JH drive all the way to report her missing. Give them enough time to get going or rid of what they had instead of having the cops show up. Not sure.. a lot of things just seem really messed up to me.

I hate to say this but.... I wonder if the mother knew that drugs may be a factor and that is why she had JH drive all the way to report her missing. Give them enough time to get going or rid of what they had instead of having the cops show up. Not sure.. a lot of things just seem really messed up to me.

Perhaps. I would think a mother would have some idea that her daughter was into the party scene. Maybe she thought she would turn up the next day only to find out she got a bad batch and passed out somewhere.
I don't think she was giving them time to get away and hide things. I would think she would put her daughter before her "friends". If that was the case and Dawn was thinking her daughter was just messed up somewhere, why wouldn't she want the cops or someone to get ahold of the bad batch and dispose of them?

well i think the entire group looks a little fishy with there actions on ,Changeing hotels (wo b stuff),Leaving in the middle of the night and not answering moms calls.Im wondering if one of the girls liked PB and he was showing B a little to much attention.I think the hush hush is because LE knows something but wish they would sure let us know something before i go NUTS

Perhaps. I would think a mother would have some idea that her daughter was into the party scene. Maybe she thought she would turn up the next day only to find out she got a bad batch and passed out somewhere.
I don't think she was giving them time to get away and hide things. I would think she would put her daughter before her "friends". If that was the case and Dawn was thinking her daughter was just messed up somewhere, why wouldn't she want the cops or someone to get ahold of the bad batch and dispose of them?

Sorry I meant .. get going on hiding drugs if that was her delay. Fear her daughter would be caught and get busted. She may have thought that this would end up being a short search for her daughter and thought maybe it was more to do with her partying behavior and less to do with an abduction, etc. If that was me, I would be on the phone to the cops.. not having someone drive all that way and wait that long for him to get there before reporting anything. Just seems weird.

Sorry I meant .. get going on hiding drugs if that was her delay. Fear her daughter would be caught and get busted. She may have thought that this would end up being a short search for her daughter and thought maybe it was more to do with her partying behavior and less to do with an abduction, etc. If that was me, I would be on the phone to the cops.. not having someone drive all that way and wait that long for him to get there before reporting anything. Just seems weird.

That makes more sense! Lol. If I was in that position I would be doing the same thing you would. I would call MBLE and report her missing myself so they could start searching earlier compared to later. I would also send a friend down there until I could get down there just in case the police needed some info instead of having to call back and forth.

It does seem weird. And for a mother who was crying on Dr.Phil saying she was abducted, the night it happened, she didn't seem to care that much, IMO.

-----------
Why would someone party (drinking and probably drugs too, IMO) for hours and then decide to drive home to NY? Doesn't wash!

I thought of this too that it seemed awful coincidental that the girls notice see is missing around the same time the boys left. Also,why do you wait until 1 or 2 am and then say oooh shes missing wouldn't you have been looking for her an hour later after she says i'm on my way??? If the shorts were that much of a big deal you would think they would have been out looking for her or texting or ringing the heck out of her phone wondering where are she is with those shorts.

And if you didn't hear back from then start to get worried and make calls she was missing.

I'm sorry i don't care who you are and how spoiled self centered b**ch's you may be. If you truly did not know what was going something would tell you that this is not right ...it is only human nature. But I don't think we have any humans with this one.

If at any time in your life someone has ever made you soo mad that you hated them ..and even of you never speak to them ever again. You still wouldn't want to see or hear that something horrible
has happened to them.

If at any time in your life someone has ever made you soo mad that you hated them ..and even of you never speak to them ever again. You still wouldn't want to see or hear that something horrible
has happened to them.

I could not agree with you more. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members