SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #30***ARREST**

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was tweeted by Marshall Staton, a freelance journalist who was also in the courtroom:

Marshall Staton
‏@marshall_staton
Dec 18th large withdrawal of $5000 made by the moorers per prosecution.
11:35 AM - 17 Mar 2014 from Conway, SC

https://twitter.com/marshall_staton/status/445629538278862849

I am not doubting it. We are talking about if the statement was withdrawl or ATM withdrawl. Withdrawl could be from a teller or I was thinking could be from a safety deposit box. Would they still have those tapes?

:seeya: Hi there, websleuth friends! Haven't been around since the CA days, but have been caught up in this case. Just been thinking about hearing that the whole M family was sleeping in one bedroom.....while SM was handcuffed to the bed?!!!! WTH?!!! [modsnip].

Hoppy then reposted and said the following thread 29, post 660

"What was said was that they "Withdrew" $5000..... (they didn't say how - which I believe is why TM's attorney made the statement 'prove it'.)"

This is in response to me saying it was with sprawl from an ATM because I read her initial comment, saying so. I don't know how to make it show. So, now I am baffled.

Regardless, if the money came from a bank. Banks have cameras and they should go back that far.

Thank you very much hockeymom4! ShareTheLight posted that too, said it was mentioned on Thread 29, but I got hoppy's initial post from Thread 28. Well, now I wonder if hoppy was slightly mistaken bc he/she was taking several notes and pictures during court. This stupid ATM issue has been in my crawl since I read it! How did they withdrawal the money, what was the time and where was it done? Can't media report on that? It was also said that it was a "large amount". To mention large amount seems to indicate they didn't withdrawal $5000 on a normal basis, therefore it stood out and just so happened on the day Heather disappeared. For all we know they could say it was to purchase Christmas gifts.

Okay- I have been away for a week and have not had access to the internet. I don't post very often at all, but I have been closely following this case.

Forgive me if this theory has already been discussed, I'm still not finished with Thread 28. So much to catch up on!!!!!!!!!

Could they have somehow gotten her down to the water and held her underwater until she stopped moving? Not sure how long this can take. I briefly looked at the Wikipedia page for it and it said something along the lines of, it will take about six minutes for the brain to die with no oxygen. I'd assume from that that it could be even shorter if there is a struggle. There wouldn't be too much noise, and not very much (if anything) to clean up.

Just wanted to throw another theory into the mix! Sorry if this has already been discussed! *back to catching up*

I am not doubting it. We are talking about if the statement was withdrawl or ATM withdrawl. Withdrawl could be from a teller or I was thinking could be from a safety deposit box. Would they still have those tapes?

My apologies for misreading your post! :blushing:

IMO, bank surveillance footage should be accessible, because storage (computer memory) is much more affordable nowadays. From a tech perspective, whomever is responsible for archiving the footage, be it from the bank teller, safety deposit box, or the ATM, should be able to retrieve it.

Further, if the M's were already under active surveillance at the time, LE might have already alerted their financial institutions, in which case, the footage most definitely would have been saved for the future. :moo:

If you look up TM's IE charges they are still pending they have not been disposed.

I don't think "disposed" refers to her posting bond on the IE charges either (I know she did) because she posted bond for the ObJ charge and they aren't saying that charge has been disposed.

I don't know what is meant by that but if you look up the court record all her charges are still pending just like SM's.

Eta: clarification
At one point, they were disposed. I have no link, but they were. Since she is stuck in jail, they might have given the bond back, so the charges are no longer disposed. There is no point is having a bond on a charge when you can't get out of jail because of other charges.

JMO

ETA: Maybe I'm referring to things incorrectly. If the IE charges could be answered by paying a fine (I'm guilty, fine me), and she got the money from a bondsman to pay the fine, then her charges could have been disposed. But if she cannot get out anyway, why pay the fine?

25029033_BG1.jpg

Michael Maely attempting to get comment from the Caisons Feb. 27. (Source: WMBF News)

25029033_BG2.jpg

A woman on William Caison's property taking pictures. (Source: WMBF News) >>Then shoots the finger. Stay Classy Caisons!

Tammy Moorer's father accuses WMBF News anchor Michael Maely of trespassing

25029033_BG1.jpg

Michael Maely attempting to get comment from the Caisons Feb. 27. (Source: WMBF News)

25029033_BG2.jpg

A woman on William Caison's property taking pictures. (Source: WMBF News) >>Then shoots the finger. Stay Classy Caisons!

Tammy Moorer's father accuses WMBF News anchor Michael Maely of trespassing

What really amazes me about all this is that this person had time to whip out the "fancy" camera, as opposed to what most people would do...grab your cell phone (because it's usually close by) and commence to snapping pics with it. Weirddd.

Do these people sit around with their good camera always handy or what? And "about 100 no trespassing signs" around the property? What the...?

All IMO of course.

I'm confused as to why it's such a big deal that the Caisons do not want reporters on their property?

This reminds me of North Korea where the entire family carries the sins of their one family member...

What about if Tammy gave up her "rock star life" bc she met Sidney and fell in love, concentrated on having a family, devoted herself to them as they were all her new priority? What about if she thought she had a bright future with this man so she gave him everything she had, all of her, her whole being? Say she found out Sidney was cheating her, this man that she spent her settlement check on, had his babies, put up with his $h!+? Say she made him feel bad - just like any other woman would - but pressured him into telling her who the girl was? What about if Sidney said it was the girl that pursued him, wouldn't leave him alone? What about if Tammy googled or binged Heather, only to find her social media, and she became enraged...hateful...filled with vengeance? I wonder how long Tammy stewed.

If Heather wasn't gone and if Tammy wasn't a suspect in her murder, I might feel sorry for her. I suspect the defense will look for married or divorced women that have been wronged by their man to stand on the jury.

They said that the "phone data" ended at 3:41, not "phone activity". They could be interchangeable, but it does leave the possibility of something other than "phone data" happening after 3:41. JMO, but I cannot rule out the possibility of some activity that isn't "data" with the phone after 3:41.

"phone Data" generally refers to internet access,not text or phone calls.

I'm confused as to why it's such a big deal that the Caisons do not want reporters on their property?

This reminds me of North Korea where the entire family carries the sins of their one family member...

They have No Trespassing signs all over the place. No reporter should have been on their land.

"phone Data" generally refers to internet access,not text or phone calls.

Right. Plus, some picture messaging on a cellphone and email is also data. I know this as I had to have it blocked on my oldest son's phone bc he & his buddies always thought they were slick doing stuff they weren't supposed to. :D

I can certainly understand that they wouldn't want reporters on their property right now (and that's totally within their rights), BUT it just bothers me that they seem so security-conscious and apparently always have. It brings me back to the property dispute from awhile back, and I just wonder why it was worth getting into legal trouble over something so simple. I personally would've just called the cops and let them handle it, rather than getting into a scuffle and getting myself in trouble. IMO of course.

Random drop in again. I just found out that the parking lots where Heather's condo is at has "Well lit, and security surveillance parking lots"
http://www.vrbo.com/321054

This means there is a very good possibility that they have video of Heather getting into her car and driving away. If so, and the timing shows that she could only have made it from her condo to PTL by the time the phone pinged in that area, that would be evidence that she drove on her own to PTL.

This is just a theory based on the fact that there is security surveillance, which may or may not be video, at the parking lot where Heather lived.
Great. Except a lot of surveillance cameras don't cover much ground and/or are proven not to be in working order (but they sound good in the ads). Another problem could be if they were on a 24/48 hour loop. Some cameras record over and over. I don't think we can assume because it is listed in the ad that it is a given LE has or could have video.

I can certainly understand that they wouldn't want reporters on their property right now (and that's totally within their rights), BUT it just bothers me that they seem so security-conscious and apparently always have. It brings me back to the property dispute from awhile back, and I just wonder why it was worth getting into legal trouble over something so simple. I personally would've just called the cops and let them handle it, rather than getting into a scuffle and getting myself in trouble. IMO of course.

Why wouldn't they be security conscious? Their daughter was arrested for murder, in a case that generated a huge, angry mob. LE even said they believe the Moorers' car was shot at, and one reason they shouldn't get bail is because the community will react violently.

We are going to set up a subforum for this case.

Hang tight and there will be a new place to post.

Salem

The desktop version has embedded video of the incident in question - so you can see for yourself.....

(watches through fingers of :facepalm: )

ETA: it's only a 16-second clip - so perhaps they've chosen not to air it in its entirety as there is now a case pending. I still don't believe this lawsuit will hold any water. If the entire incident was caught on video (and I believe it was), then filing a false report will take this into a different kind of accountability. :moo:

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/25029033/tammy-moorers-father-accuses-wmbf-news-anchor-michael-maely-of-trespassing

Good gravy, flipping off the cameras before RUNNING inside.:scared: CUUUUU-LASSY! :scared:
On behalf of all South Carolinians, I'm sorry y'all. Like my Mama used to say "Them ain't our kind o' people."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ecdub