State v Bradley Cooper 4-25-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well--Mr. Cooper, you just got a free appeal if you're convicted. Reversible error by the judge.

Ha, your little trick, Kurtz, did no workee.

Wow, so if there was DNA evidence linking someone else to the blood under NC fingernails that came to light in the last 24 hours - would you also want that suppressed?

What Kurtz is trying to put over on the Prosecution was wrong. He should have gotten a real expert in the beginning. You do not ambush, and you do not introduce new experts in the middle of a trial.

JMO

Wow, so if there was DNA evidence linking someone else to the blood under NC fingernails that came to light in the last 24 hours - would you also want that suppressed?

I think this was a complete trick by Kurtz to enter a witness on purpose late in the game so the state would not be prepared. I think JW posting here was a mistake because it showed he TOLD the defense he was not a forensic expert. Like I said, he shudda not done that. So - sorry, but I agree it was deceptive on the defense's part and the judge ruled.

What Kurtz is trying to put over on the Prosecution was wrong. He should have gotten a real expert in the beginning. You do not ambush, and you do not introduce new experts in the middle of a trial.

JMO

You don't think what the prosecution did was wrong? They had Mr. Ward's CV and report back in February. They waited TWO FULL months, on the day he was set to testify, to object and file a last minute motion to exclude. You really think that wasn't an ambush against the defense?

And they are currently introducing new experts right now. How does that jive with your statement?

JMO

LOL, Kurtz must think he's Perry Mason or something. :rolleyes:

JMHO
fran

So what was the end result about JW's post. I am sorry I am just tuning in and read above. TIA.

Night of July 11 BC had a router LE never found.

Wow so the FBI agent has "time" to help the Pros., but he can't review the Def. report?

Just stepped on his own tows there.

You don't think what the prosecution did was wrong? They had Mr. Ward's CV and report back in February. They waited TWO FULL months, on the day he was set to testify, to object and file a last minute motion to exclude. You really think that wasn't an ambush against the defense?

And they are currently introducing new experts right now. How does that jive with your statement?

I stand by it.

Another smoking gun. Sounds like an FXO supportable router was present before the spoof call, and missing after.

The jist of JW's post that came out in court was admitting that the defense knew in advance that he was not a forensics expert

So what was the end result about JW's post. I am sorry I am just tuning in and read above. TIA.

My guess is they don't care that he posted - but he admitted in his post that he TOLD the defense he was not a forensics expert and they should have anticipated he would not be deemed as such and should have had a forensic expert from the beginning rather than try to slide one in now that the state had not had an opportunity to prepare for. That's what I got out of it with my untrained brain in legal matters.

Yes, the posting I think has been presented to the judge.

I just want to be sure that everyone posting here realizes this is NOT the first time Websleuths has been used in a case.

Both Pros and Def look at Websleuths, which is why everyone should be careful what they post.

JMHO
fran

PS....oh, and media reads here also!

I think this was a complete trick by Kurtz to enter a witness on purpose late in the game so the state would not be prepared. I think JW posting here was a mistake because it showed he TOLD the defense he was not a forensic expert. Like I said, he shudda not done that. So - sorry, but I agree it was deceptive on the defense's part and the judge ruled.

To those who doubted the legitimacy of witnesses posting online, in message boards, crime groups, etc., exactly what many of us where saying here. Tremendously HUGE NO, NO. This ought to do wonders for JW's attempt to expand into expert witness territory for his company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member