State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-27-12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone has disputed that 197 pairs of Orbitals or possibly the other shoes using that sole prior to their being discontinued when the Orbital began being produced COULD have made those prints.

I think what people have been stating, and rightfully so, IMO, is that it is far fewer than that number that made their way onto the shelves in the stores in Raleigh, NC.

These numbers being talked about are total numbers being produced, not total numbers of shoes sent to and sold within the Raleigh, NC market.

I don't see it being misrepresented. I see it being discussed and parsed as to whether or not this is a widely used sole put on HP shoes. In my mind, it is not and then to further dilute the possibilities of how many made it onto mens feet in Raleigh, it was not widely sold in multiple stores in Raleigh, thereby further limiting how many were sold in that market.

IMO

Maybe its just me..BUT IF there was so many other makes with this type of sole sold nationwide..I wonder why the guy could NOT find any matches in his search??? He even initially didnt find the HP sole print and came upon it later..NOT sure if it was when he heard about jason's purchase of Orbits or not..BUT Its rather odd and very unlucky for jason IF his particular shoe purchase matched the print in blood, eh???:waitasec:

Anything is possible. Possible and probable in this instance are a wide berth apart in my mind.

What I am assuming, though, is that it is not likely based on what we do know about these shoes not being all that common among the whole HP line of shoes. I think the likelihood of some stranger having the same size, same sole design just happens to wear those exact shoes into MY's bedroom that night and murder her causes my mind to stretch far beyond what is a reasonable possibility or likelihood.

IMO

I am not disputing that.

It is more probable (IMO) that the print was left by JY's size 12 brown leather HP orbital purchased in July 2005 from DSW in Raleigh.

However, the number of outsoles produced greatly affects the "reasonable doubt" aspect.

By the way - I think its ridiculous that Collins asked about knock-offs. While its almost certain that the outsole manufacturer in China (who btw is NOT the actual shoe assembler in China that Riha got the special order from) sells out the back door as well - those don't come to the U.S.

The Chinese knock off anything produced in large quantities by overproducing and selling the surplus, and shoes are one of the biggest - regardless of brand name, but its highly unlikely any shoes with surplus HP outsoles affixed come into the U.S.

He should have asked to be provided with for the Sealy/Bellville figures.

Was this shoe evidence presented in the first trial? Overall, I don't know that there's been any really big revelations in this trial that weren't in the first, so I don't know how likely it is to convince 67% of a jury to change their vote...

Facts are facts and can not be erased. I think we could argue with each other until we are blue in the face and not change anyones mind. This is information I hope the jury is made aware of and they and they alone can decide how valuable the info is.
Good morning everyone and I think this will end my discussion with shoes.

By the way - I think its ridiculous that Collins asked about knock-offs. While its almost certain that the outsole manufacturer in China (who btw is NOT the actual shoe assembler in China that Riha got the special order from) sells out the back door as well - those don't come to the U.S.

The Chinese knock off anything produced in large quantities by overproducing and selling the surplus, and shoes are one of the biggest - regardless of brand name, but its highly unlikely any shoes with surplus HP outsoles affixed come into the U.S.

He should have asked for the Sealy/Bellville figures.

Those probably weren't a big seller either since they were discontinued and from the sounds of it, not a very economically priced shoe. DSW wouldn't sell them at the price point they were at and DSW is not exactly a low price point shoe retailer. At least not in my experience of shopping there.

IMO

The significance of the shoes is that 195 pairs of size 12 brown HP Orbitals were made in the world. It stands to reason there were more black pairs as well, so let's say 500. Bottom line it is a very rare shoe in that size. And they were exclusively sold through DSW, where Jason Young was proved to have purchased a pair. A footprint at the murder scene strongly suggests HP Orbital size 12. A video of Jason Young from the night before the murder shows him in shoes that also strongly resemble the Orbitals. He claims those shoes were donated to Goodwill. Less than a week after the murder, he purchased a pair of shoes that strongly resemble the now missing Hush Puppies.

It is the jury's duty to determine what all this means. I am not on the jury but it speaks very clearly to me, especially in context of everything else we know about this case. Jason did not intend to leave his HP print when he murdered Michelle. He was forced to improvise. It was a simple lie to claim he no longer had the Orbitals and then he high-tailed it to DSW asap to get a replacement pair to throw off suspicion. His lies have not fooled many people, but it will be the jury that ultimately rules the legal verdict. Many of us know the truth of this case already.

Any way you look at it, it would be highly unlikely that some random killer and JY both owned a shoe with the same outsole, both wore size 12, and both were in the Raleigh area. It's not reasonable.

You are assuming that the shoes which made the print had to have both been originally purchased in Raleigh, and resided in a closet in Raleigh. People move, people buy things while traveling, people order shoes online...

The point is the pool of shoes affixed with the outsole that could have made that print is much, much larger than 197.

Right and some random crazy killer is going to have expensive taste in shoes and wear them while brutally murdering random women and taking care of the random woman's little girl after the murder? Not reasonable.

[/B]

Those probably weren't a big seller either since they were discontinued and from the sounds of it, not a very economically priced shoe. DSW wouldn't sell them at the price point they were at and DSW is not exactly a low price point show retailer. At least not in my experience of shopping there.

IMO

State vs. Jason Lynn Young

Thread for Monday, Feb. 28, 2012

Live links:

http://www.wral.com/news/video/10690077/#/vid10690077

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/index

pic_breakfast_1.jpg

http://www.docksidegq.com/images/pic_breakfast_1.jpg

oh my what an awesome breakfast....yummy, yummy. I love this picture!

The significance of the shoes is that 195 pairs of size 12 brown HP Orbitals were made in the world. It stands to reason there were more black pairs as well, so let's say 500. Bottom line it is a very rare shoe in that size. And they were exclusively sold through DSW, where Jason Young was proved to have purchased a pair. A footprint at the murder scene strongly suggests HP Orbital size 12. A video of Jason Young from the night before the murder shows him in shoes that also strongly resemble the Orbitals.

The print was a match for a certain outsole (not a certain shoe). The Oribital had that outsole and it was a rare shoe. The Bellville and Sealy had that outsole and were production model shoes (2 of 100) for a company that sells 10,000,000 pairs+ per year - so at the least the outsole (not shoe) which made the print was not "rare". Maybe "uncommon", but not "rare".

The shoes JY was seen on video wearing were consistent with Orbitals - Riha could not rule out that they were Orbitals - that was his testimony. They were likely consistent with hundreds of other shoe brands/models...I mean really.

I am not defending JY - just saying that IMO this evidence is apparently not as iron-clad or as supportively linking as some are implying.

The print was a match for a certain outsole (not a certain shoe). The Oribital had that outsole and it was a rare shoe. The Bellville and Sealy had that outsole and were production model shoes (2 of 100) for a company that sells 10,000,000 pairs+ per year - so at the least the outsole (not shoe) which made the print was not "rare". Maybe "uncommon", but not "rare".

The shoes JY was seen on video wearing were consistent with Orbitals - Riha could not rule out that they were Orbitals - that was his testimony. They were likely consistent with hundreds of other shoe brands/models...I mean really.

I am not defending JY - just saying that IMO this evidence is apparently not as iron-clad or as supportively linking as some are implying.

I agree with what you are saying. And I didn't know the 195~ was just for the brown shoe. I would be interested in the number of shoes that *could* have made that print, regardless of where they were sold, instead of simply how many of the brown Orbitals owned by Jason in size 12 were produced.

In Session has picture of JY up. He looks pretty up beat? Different color coat and shirt on - maybe he is going on the stand?

Why not settle the Size 10 shoe argument in court?

Why is it a bad idea for Jason to be asked to try and put his foot in a pair of the Franklins?

Right and some random crazy killer is going to have expensive taste in shoes and wear them while brutally murdering random women and taking care of the random woman's little girl after the murder? Not reasonable.

I thought he was G after the first trial, still in that camp somewhat, but that sentiment has nothing to do with my post.

I was trying to clarify something about the prints. Do I have to believe he is NG to question the perceived integrity of certain evidence?

Why is it a bad idea for Jason to be asked to try and put his foot in a sample of the Franklins?

Remember what trying on the glove did for OJ?

Why is it a bad idea for Jason to be asked to try and put his foot in a sample of the Franklins?

Remember OJ's gloves???

Why is it a bad idea for Jason to be asked to try and put his foot in a pair of the Franklins?

Haha... :eek:fftobed: Up from bed. :seeya:

Would be bad for prosecution. Because if he doesn't want to squeeze his foot in the shoe, he wont, and then it will look like it definitely doesn't fit. A la OJ's glove.

ETA: Hah! I see we are all on the same page with OJ's gloves here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500