Take A Step Back Or Be Banned **READ THIS AGAIN**

Omg, Patty G. I *thought* I had some sense of the amount of work the mods have to do, but... I had no idea there were that many threads and posts. Thank you for pointing that out!!

And thank you to Tricia and all the mods for all your hard work in keeping this forum top-notch!!!

And that is ONLY in the Caylee Forum. See adnoids post #22 for the entire WS Community! :eek:

The reality is this applies to everyone even the anthony family. So all of you that complain that your favorite player is getting bashed,please make sure you are not bashing anyone elses favorite player before you complain.that includes cindy! It amazes me that we have to constantly reprimand grown people not to call names.

Thank You JBean for bringing this up! :clap:
I have often been afraid to even post because I know someone is going to bash me or who I posted about! No one should be afraid to post (I am!) because you might come back to read where you left off, only to find yourself being bashed for having compassion for someone. Then leaving the thread in tears only because you care & have compassion.

I myself do my best to try to be objective & fair when I post & stay away many days from threads because I know emotions are running on an all time high. It shouldn't be that way! A select few posters just seem to purposely try to stir others up & seem to enjoy it for some unknown reason.

I hope this makes sense to you! From now on I will be using the alert instead of ignoring the post & leaving the thread due to bashing of players in the case & posters.
Thanks for listening & I hope you understand my jumbled up message here! LOL :blowkiss:

Consider this: Websleuths currently averages 135,000 new posts per month, about 4,450 per day, with the busiest days over twice that. There are 16 moderators. If each one is able to put in 4 hours per day every day that means each moderator would have to read a post every 103 seconds in order for a moderator to see everything that's posted. It can't be done, as we do more than read posts. We move threads, respond to PMs, and all kinds of other stuff.

The philosophy here has always been to have good posters and let them post what's on their minds as long as they obey the TOS - summed up right here. The staff puts their effort into making sure the person posting is good, not checking individual posts.

This is why I have always been reluctant to report a post. I know the mods have their hands full. I can't even begin to imagine the work that goes into WS. I guess I was just hoping all posters could behave respectfully toward everyone, whether they are present here or not.

I have often been afraid to even post because I know someone is going to bash me or who I posted about! No one should be afraid to post (I am!) because you might come back to read where you left off, only to find yourself being bashed for having compassion for someone. Then leaving the thread in tears only because you care & have compassion.

I myself do my best to try to be objective & fair when I post & stay away many days from threads because I know emotions are running on an all time high. It shouldn't be that way! A select few posters just seem to purposely try to stir others up & seem to enjoy it for some unknown reason.

I hope this makes sense to you! From now on I will be using the alert instead of ignoring the post & leaving the thread due to bashing of players in the case & posters.
Thanks for listening & I hope you understand my jumbled up message here! LOL :blowkiss:

Thank you Angel Who Cares...I understand your message and I agree 1,000%.:blowkiss: That is why I don't post much. I too will be using my alert button instead of ignoring it.

I actually hit the report button last night for the first time. I also am tired of every thread turning into a LP bashing thread. Not saying everyone has to like him but just try to read the Nancy Grace thread (just one example) on any given night and you will find the same 4 or 5 turning a 30 second shot of LP into a 2 hour bash fest. I don't always have access to the show and try to read the thread to keep up but most of the time anymore it is more trouble than it is worth getting thru all the bs.

Angel, I don't think your message was jumbled up at all and I completely relate to what you shared. In the beginning, that's exactly how I reacted to being attacked for compassionate posts. But I've since realized that I'm not sorry for being compassionate and I know that, no matter what the truth ends up being, I'll never regret having chosen compassion above all else. The way I deal with things here now is that I only post if I feel a real need to do so, and then I never go back to see how others responded, because frankly, those who respond negatively to compassion and/or empathy aren't going to have anything to say that's worth reading...and those who DO understand it will also understand why I refuse to respond to all the others.

That's our challenge, Angel; to refuse to let them change us...one day they'll be really glad compassionate people exist :blowkiss:.

The more I read here, the more I realize that a great deal of people feel they can't be loyal to Caylee AND have sympathy for the A's simultaneously. I understand that view, I just simply disagree with it. I never knew Caylee personally, but I've had LOTS of experience with small children and I'd be willing to bet that anger, disgust, and swear words aimed at her family are NOT what Caylee would be happy to see taking place. I choose to react in a manner that I believe would make Caylee smile. And THAT is all that's important.

I think the key to keeping our posts under control is to consider each other as equals. No matter what, we each have something to bring to the table.

If we feel, morally superior, intellectually superior, or just plain superior to our fellow posters--that translates into our posts--and causes bad feelings all the way around.

Websleuths has so much to offer--it's a force to be reckoned with-- and that's because of everyone here. Thanks to all of you for what I learn from you every day. JMO.

I think most of the problems start when posters feel the need to characterize other posters, or themselves in relation to other "bad" or unfeeling posters, rather than just accepting that there are different points of view.

I actually hit the report button last night for the first time. I also am tired of every thread turning into a LP bashing thread. Not saying everyone has to like him but just try to read the Nancy Grace thread (just one example) on any given night and you will find the same 4 or 5 turning a 30 second shot of LP into a 2 hour bash fest. I don't always have access to the show and try to read the thread to keep up but most of the time anymore it is more trouble than it is worth getting thru all the bs.

Maybe then we need to find out what is OK regarding LP criticism and what is not. I believe there's a difference between criticizing him and bashing him. Pointing out the things he says is not bashing.

Here is the way it is.
Attacking each other is just never allowed.

Obviously the players in this case are highly controversial. There is no way we are going to like them all, approve of them all, agree with them all etc.
Constructive criticism is totally fine and feeds good debate and conversation. Just turn the volume down on the critical posts. pretend you are criticizing your own kids to their face :)
Name calling and general comments like:
"What a bunch of idiot losers, they make me sick and I hope they choke on their food"(real post) just doesn't add a single thing to the forum, the discussion, the thread or anything else.
Just be constructive in your conversation.
LP and everyone else are grown up and they know that they are not universally liked. But where we get off track is rather than intelligently discussing what is going on, it just turns into a gossipy bickerfest.

To be clear this applies to both sides of every fence here. Whether you like Cindy or LP or Baez, it doesn't matter. The bashing has been at the same level all the way around.

Report bad posts and please don't quote them or attack the poster or take matters into your own hands. You will be surprised when you also get a time out.

We love you guys. But we have got to raise the level of conversation about this case on some of these
threads.

LP examples:
Not ok
LP is a worthless piece of cow dung that keeps injecting himself into cases for his own satisfaction. He makes me puke.

yes ok
Lp's motivations seem suspect to me because he is always on TV and doesn't finish what he starts. He seems to get involved when no one else will. I wonder what that is about?

One more thing: You all have simply got to alert. It helps us more than you know.

Consider this: Websleuths currently averages 135,000 new posts per month, about 4,450 per day, with the busiest days over twice that. There are 16 moderators. If each one is able to put in 4 hours per day every day that means each moderator would have to read a post every 103 seconds in order for a moderator to see everything that's posted. It can't be done, as we do more than read posts. We move threads, respond to PMs, and all kinds of other stuff.

The philosophy here has always been to have good posters and let them post what's on their minds as long as they obey the TOS - summed up right here. The staff puts their effort into making sure the person posting is good, not checking individual posts.
But then again that is why we earn the big bucks.

But then again that is why we earn the big bucks.

Those bucks aren't big enough for the work involved. :smile:

It sometimes takes me hours to catch up on threads I want to read, I can't imagine having to go through ALL of them. :eek: Oh my gosh!

Thanks to all the moderators for keeping this board cordial, or as cordial as possible.

I will recommend your pay be doubled, retroactive to the first time you were called a name for being a moderator. The first 2 minutes will remain at your original rate.
OH yeah! I need to get my calculator and figure out exactly how much that will be.:woohoo:
But one of the very first names I was called was d****-bag and so i think I should get triple pay.
That really hurt my feelings.

If our sentiments and gratitude are worth anything, you're a quadtrillionaire.

***If it actually turns out to be a word, it is entirely coincidental, - otherwise, the meaning is engraved in stone.

Just about everything I post gets bashed but it will not incite me to defend MO anymore.It just makes too much work for the mods.IMO we all have a right to how we feel.

Just about everything I post gets bashed but it will not incite me to defend MO anymore.It just makes too much work for the mods.IMO we all have a right to how we feel.

Not many enjoy my view point either. Who cares, ya know? We are here to share our point of view, not change it. :blowkiss:

I STRONGLY recommend every single person on this forum re read this post.

We need to get back to discussing this case and not bashing every player involved.
STOP the name calling
STOP attacking each other.
It is time to get back to constructive discussion. Don't have to agree with each other or like any of the players, but you do have to discuss like adults.

The reality is this applies to everyone even the anthony family. So all of you that complain that your favorite player is getting bashed,please make sure you are not bashing anyone elses favorite player before you complain.that includes cindy! It amazes me that we have to constantly reprimand grown people not to call names.

Here is the way it is.
Attacking each other is just never allowed.

Obviously the players in this case are highly controversial. There is no way we are going to like them all, approve of them all, agree with them all etc.
Constructive criticism is totally fine and feeds good debate and conversation. Just turn the volume down on the critical posts. pretend you are criticizing your own kids to their face :)
Name calling and general comments like:
"What a bunch of idiot losers, they make me sick and I hope they choke on their food"(real post) just doesn't add a single thing to the forum, the discussion, the thread or anything else.
Just be constructive in your conversation.
LP and everyone else are grown up and they know that they are not universally liked. But where we get off track is rather than intelligently discussing what is going on, it just turns into a gossipy bickerfest.

To be clear this applies to both sides of every fence here. Whether you like Cindy or LP or Baez, it doesn't matter. The bashing has been at the same level all the way around.

Report bad posts and please don't quote them or attack the poster or take matters into your own hands. You will be surprised when you also get a time out.

We love you guys. But we have got to raise the level of conversation about this case on some of these
threads.

LP examples:
Not ok
LP is a worthless piece of cow dung that keeps injecting himself into cases for his own satisfaction. He makes me puke.

yes ok
Lp's motivations seem suspect to me because he is always on TV and doesn't finish what he starts. He seems to get involved when no one else will. I wonder what that is about?

One more thing: You all have simply got to alert. It helps us more than you know.
Like to hear myself talk.

I think the key to keeping our posts under control is to consider each other as equals. No matter what, we each have something to bring to the table.

If we feel, morally superior, intellectually superior, or just plain superior to our fellow posters--that translates into our posts--and causes bad feelings all the way around.
JMO.

Now this is very true. I think the trouble starts when a post details how the poster is taking the moral high ground compared to the rest of us who are apparently writhing around in the moral low grounds. It smacks of self-righteousness which causes others to be defensive. I know it does me. Just because someone doesn't show compassion to one or more individuals doesn't mean they are compassion-less. And pointing out the lack of compassion/tolerance in someone else shows, in itself, a lack of compassion/tolerance as well on the part of the pointee.

LOL the point of this thread was not to bash posters.
You guys are kiliing me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back