Take A Step Back Or Be Banned **READ THIS AGAIN**

Caps have you been up to the analysis forum? That is for investigation of the case, with out all the chit chat. you might really like to post in there. it's awesome.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=233

Thank you, thank you, thank you, JBean! There is so much here at WS, sometimes I miss things. I didn't know about this analysis forum but am going to be going through it now. What I have seen so far is amazing. (although I guess this means that my kitchen cabinet clean out gets paused a day or two or three, :))

Thank you, thank you, thank you, JBean! There is so much here at WS, sometimes I miss things. I didn't know about this analysis forum but am going to be going through it now. What I have seen so far is amazing. (although I guess this means that my kitchen cabinet clean out gets paused a day or two or three, :))

We're supposed to clean our kitchen cabinets??? :eek:

I have always found it useful when you feel uptight about comments on a thread - to put on something shiny and dance!!!~~~

gOT MY TUTU ON AND Red dorothy Shoess! Ready to slueth with kindness....

I've taken a giant leap back .The discussions on the memorial and cremation hit too close to home.I was getting angry from comments ,such as cremation is the cheaper way to go and that's why the A's chose it. I realize those comments are made from ignorance by people never having to make that choice for their own child,but they were hurtful to me.Rather than argue I chose to take a time out.I'm hoping to focus on the criminal case.

hugsbear.gif

TO: All our wonderful Mods!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

You are greatly appreciated for all the work you do!

ThankYouHeartsCatHappy.gif

I actually hit the report button last night for the first time. I also am tired of every thread turning into a LP bashing thread. Not saying everyone has to like him but just try to read the Nancy Grace thread (just one example) on any given night and you will find the same 4 or 5 turning a 30 second shot of LP into a 2 hour bash fest. I don't always have access to the show and try to read the thread to keep up but most of the time anymore it is more trouble than it is worth getting thru all the bs.

Ain't that the truth!? If he is mentioned, that's all she wrote....

Not many enjoy my view point either. Who cares, ya know? We are here to share our point of view, not change it. :blowkiss:

If I didn't have this site to share my thoughts and feelings with aloud, I would be left with only one option. To talk aloud to myself and to my cats. If word got out that I did this, a padded room could soon be in my future. And I'm quite sure my cats won't be invited.
Thanks all for listening to my rants, then politely moving on to the next post without bashing me for mine!:blowkiss:

I honestly was not going to post here right now, as I am new, and I do not want anyone to think of me as butting in.

But here goes!

My thought on the matter is that the Mods were trying to reiterate the generic, applies to everyone, universal, rules re: intelligent, respectful, and polite banter on these polarizing issues. IMO the OP went out of the way to state it applies to everyone, across the board, and that we all need to respect each other, and our respective points of view.

So the many various posts following the OP, stating things like 'I am so glad you said this because my favorite (***insert player here***) is getting bashed so bad so awesome you are gonna put a stop to their foolishness', to me, kinda go against the whole POINT of the original post.

It is not about single one of us. As a collective, show respect and receive the same. Not optional. (These two lines succinctly state MY personal take on the Mods 'step back or be banned.')

Anyway, that is just my two cents. I most definitely am NOT trying to bash anyone's post.

I honestly was not going to post here right now, as I am new, and I do not want anyone to think of me as butting in.

But here goes!

My thought on the matter is that the Mods were trying to reiterate the generic, applies to everyone, universal, rules re: intelligent, respectful, and polite banter on these polarizing issues. IMO the OP went out of the way to state it applies to everyone, across the board, and that we all need to respect each other, and our respective points of view.

So the many various posts following the OP, stating things like 'I am so glad you said this because my favorite (***insert player here***) is getting bashed so bad so awesome you are gonna put a stop to their foolishness', to me, kinda go against the whole POINT of the original post.

It is not about single one of us. As a collective, show respect and receive the same. Not optional. (These two lines succinctly state MY personal take on the Mods 'step back or be banned.')

Anyway, that is just my two cents. I most definitely am NOT trying to bash anyone's post.
That's why the subsequent posts are killing me.

I really hope this is okay!

First, Websleuths is an amazingly well run board. The mods do a great job, they keep the peace without coming off like a bunch of mind-numbed automatons. Let me just say kudos to that! It would be really hard for me to do with the number of posts you guys have to read.

Secondly, I think people have a weird idea about other poster's feelings. I am one of those people that likes to equate things to film:

Anyone seen Donnie Darko? There's a "Self Help" guru in the film who likes to say that all emotions come from either a place of fear, or a place of love. One or the other, no exceptions. Well if you've seen the film, you're likely to have come to the conclusion that most people have, that human emotions are far too complicated to be boiled down to one emotion or another. Most people who feel strongly about something have many emotions about that subject, and sometimes, no I would say that most of the time, those emotions can be conflicting.

When reading a post, I think it's helpful to realize that no one is posting completely from a compassionate viewpoint, or a completely hateful one. Your emotions are not that simple... don't sell yourself short! If you were posting from a completely compassionate viewpoint, would you not also have compassion for the emotions that your fellow users are posting from? If you were posting from a completely hateful point of view, don't you think that that would spill over when you disagree with others to them personally?

I have seen very few posts that do the latter two. It's as though, in the course of being compassionate, people forget that the people they're addressing deserve that compassion as well, because they are often hurting, their heart is really kind of on their sleeve. And as for the hateful posts, I rarely see people jumping in to say "You suck for your point of view!", and the ones that I have seen are gone rather quickly.

The people that are begging for compassion are right. It would be nice if every post could be filled with compassion for all involved. But the reality is, not even their posts are all about compassion. The human psyche doesn't boil down to one emotion or the other. Hateful posts? Those that want to challenge people for even having a difference of opinion are quickly deleted, and those that are just 'bashing' a player seem few and far between, rather people are feeling a negative feeling and tend to commiserate about it. The problem comes when you stop saying 'why' and start slapping a label on whatever you're trying to express.

Lastly, I'd have to say that almost all of the posters on Websleuths are compassionate people (I'm only saying 'almost' because unlike the mods, I cannot possibly read every post here!). Their compassion just focuses differently. Unless someone's managed to get through to join the board and they're a troll, and I don't think they last long. Everyone here cares, it's what they want to focus on that seems to be the bone of contention. How about just valuing your fellow sleuthers for being compassionate, no matter where that compassion goes? And how about stopping the hateful labeling (and I'm not counting psychiatric diagnoses or possible ones!) and saying what's bothering you and why? I -love- all of the opinions here. It's such a broad spectrum of the population, and it's eye opening to see how much we all really -agree-! Take some comfort in the things we agree on! The things we don't agree on are just fodder for perusal of our personal belief systems. And challenging those is never a bad idea. They either become stronger or they change to better benefit you. :)

:blowkiss: I love it here! I'm so grateful that I found all of you!

I really hope this is okay!

First, Websleuths is an amazingly well run board. The mods do a great job, they keep the peace without coming off like a bunch of mind-numbed automatons. Let me just say kudos to that! It would be really hard for me to do with the number of posts you guys have to read.

Secondly, I think people have a weird idea about other poster's feelings. I am one of those people that likes to equate things to film:

Anyone seen Donnie Darko? There's a "Self Help" guru in the film who likes to say that all emotions come from either a place of fear, or a place of love. One or the other, no exceptions. Well if you've seen the film, you're likely to have come to the conclusion that most people have, that human emotions are far too complicated to be boiled down to one emotion or another. Most people who feel strongly about something have many emotions about that subject, and sometimes, no I would say that most of the time, those emotions can be conflicting.

When reading a post, I think it's helpful to realize that no one is posting completely from a compassionate viewpoint, or a completely hateful one. Your emotions are not that simple... don't sell yourself short! If you were posting from a completely compassionate viewpoint, would you not also have compassion for the emotions that your fellow users are posting from? If you were posting from a completely hateful point of view, don't you think that that would spill over when you disagree with others to them personally?

I have seen very few posts that do the latter two. It's as though, in the course of being compassionate, people forget that the people they're addressing deserve that compassion as well, because they are often hurting, their heart is really kind of on their sleeve. And as for the hateful posts, I rarely see people jumping in to say "You suck for your point of view!", and the ones that I have seen are gone rather quickly.

The people that are begging for compassion are right. It would be nice if every post could be filled with compassion for all involved. But the reality is, not even their posts are all about compassion. The human psyche doesn't boil down to one emotion or the other. Hateful posts? Those that want to challenge people for even having a difference of opinion are quickly deleted, and those that are just 'bashing' a player seem few and far between, rather people are feeling a negative feeling and tend to commiserate about it. The problem comes when you stop saying 'why' and start slapping a label on whatever you're trying to express.

Lastly, I'd have to say that almost all of the posters on Websleuths are compassionate people (I'm only saying 'almost' because unlike the mods, I cannot possibly read every post here!). Their compassion just focuses differently. Unless someone's managed to get through to join the board and they're a troll, and I don't think they last long. Everyone here cares, it's what they want to focus on that seems to be the bone of contention. How about just valuing your fellow sleuthers for being compassionate, no matter where that compassion goes? And how about stopping the hateful labeling (and I'm not counting psychiatric diagnoses or possible ones!) and saying what's bothering you and why? I -love- all of the opinions here. It's such a broad spectrum of the population, and it's eye opening to see how much we all really -agree-! Take some comfort in the things we agree on! The things we don't agree on are just fodder for perusal of our personal belief systems. And challenging those is never a bad idea. They either become stronger or they change to better benefit you. :)

:blowkiss: I love it here! I'm so grateful that I found all of you!

What a great post!
You sound like a really cool person.. I bet your mind keeps you busy! :blowkiss:

But here goes!

It's "How to keep JBean busy 101" LOL.
You have a good heart, JBean :blowkiss:

OMG- the fridge is supposed to have stuff in it?!

Mine is full of stuff. A dish of very old left-over spaghetti, a bowl of congealed gravy, another bowl of some slimey substance that may have once been salad. On the other hands, my cupboards are practically empty which makes them much easier to clean.....someday soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back