The ransom note and staging

Toltec said:
Maybe that was what Priscilla White wanted to talk to Patsy about in Atlanta. I recall that Priscilla wanted a minute of Patsy's time:

PR: I just sort of remember Priscilla standing in my mother's living room, family room, you know, just kind of like this and saying, "Well, I know what's going on," and she said, "if you would give me a few minutes of your time, I could let you in on some things." And I turned to her and I said, "I am the mother of this child. And I know nothing."

TH: What was she referring to?

PR: I don't have a clue. I really, I mean, you know, so many times I wish I would have taken her up on it to see what the hell she was talking about. There was just her - you know, it was just this kind of "I know what's going on here and you don't, and if you give me a few minutes of your time, I could clue you in."

TH: But she didn't give you a clue or -

PR: Didn't say, didn't say.

What kind of parent dismisses any clues or information on her daughters death???

Toltec,

I wonder what Fleet or Priscilla's take on JonBenet asking to be wiped down regularly, would be these days.

Would it be viewed as innocently as it may have been back then or was JonBenet dropping hints in other ways?

"if you would give me a few minutes of your time, I could let you in on some things." And I turned to her and I said, "I am the mother of this child. And I know nothing."
Thats Patsy saying, I already know, she is my child and its my business not yours!, in other words forget it pal!

Toltec said:
Maybe that was what Priscilla White wanted to talk to Patsy about in Atlanta. I recall that Priscilla wanted a minute of Patsy's time:

PR: I just sort of remember Priscilla standing in my mother's living room, family room, you know, just kind of like this and saying, "Well, I know what's going on," and she said, "if you would give me a few minutes of your time, I could let you in on some things." And I turned to her and I said, "I am the mother of this child. And I know nothing."

TH: What was she referring to?

PR: I don't have a clue. I really, I mean, you know, so many times I wish I would have taken her up on it to see what the hell she was talking about. There was just her - you know, it was just this kind of "I know what's going on here and you don't, and if you give me a few minutes of your time, I could clue you in."

TH: But she didn't give you a clue or -

PR: Didn't say, didn't say.

What kind of parent dismisses any clues or information on her daughters death???
EXCELLENT QUESTION!!!

UMMMMM....yeah Patsy....you REALLY should have "taken her up on it to see what the hell she was taking about". Because the fact that you didn't, makes you look even MORE guilty. Thanks for posting this interview...this is the first time that I have ever read this. Its ridiculous....I mean, come ON...what parent would not want to know what their friend was talking about, when the friend says to them..."Well,I know what is going on"? AND...if Patsy was just too d*mn busy, or too d*amn (pardon my curse words...but, I am quite pissed)....lazy or just didn't give a d*amn WHAT her friend Priscilla had to say BEFORE JB's death, than IF SHE WERE INNOCENT...she sure as bloody h*ll would have talked to Priscilla AFTER JB's death. OR geez....heres a thought Patsy....why didn't you ask Priscilla what she meant when she said..."Well, I know what is going on", when you called her over when JB was "MISSING"?? MAYBE, just maybe...what she had to say would clue your butt in to who may have "kidnapped" JB. OMG I am so mad.....to me....this is just another HUGE...GIGANTIC...ENORMOUS....freakin' larger than LIFE....RED FLAG!!!!

UKGuy said:
I wonder what Fleet or Priscilla's take on JonBenet asking to be wiped down regularly, would be these days.

Would it be viewed as innocently as it may have been back then or was JonBenet dropping hints in other ways?
I wonder that, too.They must look back on it and see it in a different way now.

Thats Patsy saying, I already know, she is my child and its my business not yours!, in other words forget it pal!
that,and I think she thought Priscilla was accusing her.

laini said:
Although I keep changing my mind, I am beginning to believe this is true. I do not believe it was just staged sexual abuse. I believe sexual abuse is the one thing that could account for this ending to Jon Benet's life. I don't believe an accident would cause this kind of cover-up, but I do believe sexual abuse could.
I wonder that,too.And what IF the scream heard in the basement WAS JB??? And then the scraping sound heard(per the paint cans in the WC(?) )...in that case...I'd say she was killed in the basement,and her body immediately moved to the WC.

UKGuy said:
JMO8778,

Maybe ... lets try some kiss and occam, why frame someone when you do not know if they may have an alibi, e.g. LHP and spouse may have been at a public function, may have been pulled over by traffic cops 100 miles away? Because if you get it wrong then its going to look even worse than not doing it at all.

Maybe BlueCrab's take on this evidence seems more consistent?

I don't think BR had anything to do with it...but PR did indeed immediately point the finger twds LHP,and JR as Jeff Merrick.IMO..it seems the RN was written with more than one person in mind to point the finger at.Besides that..LHP was scheduled to come clean that day..she prob. figured it was doubtful she'd be that far away at the time.

Ames said:
http://www.nurseminerva.co.uk/dying.htm#How_long_does_it_take_rigor_mortis_to_set_in

How long does it take rigor mortis to set in?

28th March 1999

The rate at which rigor mortis it sets in will depend on several factors such as the person's physique, cause of death and the environment, whether warm, cold, dry, or wet. Different sources give different figures, but very broadly and in 'average' circumstances it begins about 3 to 4 hours after death and becomes complete in about 12 hours (Sherwood, 1997).

Reference

• Sherwood, L. (1997) Human physiology: from cells to systems (3rd edition). Belmont, CA: Wadsworth Publishing Company (page 232).

thx,that makes sense of the estimate given of JB's time of death...she was in full rigor and found around 1pm..so she likely died at or bf 1am,as was stated.

JMO8778 said:
thx,that makes sense of the estimate given of JB's time of death...she was in full rigor and found around 1pm..so she likely died at or bf 1am,as was stated.

Yes...the time of death coincides with the routine toilet run for JonBenet. Patsy was still awake and packing for their trips when she decides to wake JonBenet to use the toilet. If anything, Patsy was not going to miss that night NOT to wake up JonBenet because she did not want a smelly JonBenet getting on the plane the next morning.

Toltec said:
Yes...the time of death coincides with the routine toilet run for JonBenet. Patsy was still awake and packing for their trips when she decides to wake JonBenet to use the toilet. If anything, Patsy was not going to miss that night NOT to wake up JonBenet because she did not want a smelly JonBenet getting on the plane the next morning.
Congratulations on one of the most crass posts I've ever read here. But how on Earth do you know that JBR's time of death, which could range for probably 2 or 3 hours, would coincide with a 'routine toilet run'!?!

From the POV that JBR was a victim of a pedophile killer not related to the R's, this seems pathetic. These events presented are a product of someones imagination. Its just crass stuff that somebody made up.

SuperDave said:
HOTYH, I must congradulate you. You nailed it. If the body had been found outside of the home, it could so easily have gone the other way.
What could so easily have gone which way? You lost me. Its an unsolved murder, right?

The chances of a pedophile killer acting alone is very high. In fact, its the most likely scenario, given the condition JBR was found in.

Holdontoyourhat said:
The chances of a pedophile killer acting alone is very high. In fact, its the most likely scenario, given the condition JBR was found in.

HOTYH,

It appears to me that a pedophile killer acting alone is virtually impossible.

The whole Ramsey family wouldn't be covering up by constantly lying, and refusing to cooperate with the investigation, to protect a pedophile killer acting alone.

The only way the Ramseys might shield a pedophile killer is if a Ramsey family member was also involved in the killing.

BlueCrab

BlueCrab said:
HOTYH,

The whole Ramsey family wouldn't be covering up by constantly lying, and refusing to cooperate with the investigation, to protect a pedophile killer acting alone.

The only way the Ramseys might shield a pedophile killer is if a Ramsey family member was also involved in the killing.

BlueCrab
It seems you're accusing the R's of covering up, lying, refusing to cooperate, and shielding a pedophile killer. OK so what? Whether they did or not, these things don't by themselves indict the R's for this crime.

Nowhere in this do I read anything about a motive, a capability, or a will to kill.

Plenty of this circular reasoning stuff, taking the murder and then applying a murderous personality to a bystander because, since there was a murder in the house, they now seem more murderous.

Holdontoyourhat said:
It seems you're accusing the R's of covering up, lying, refusing to cooperate, and shielding a pedophile killer. OK so what? Whether they did or not, these things don't by themselves indict the R's for this crime.

Nowhere in this do I read anything about a motive, a capability, or a will to kill.

Plenty of this circular reasoning stuff, taking the murder and then applying a murderous personality to a bystander because, since there was a murder in the house, they now seem more murderous.

HOTYH,

There's no reason to lie in a murder investigation. There are plenty of killers on death row right now because they were caught in a lie.

The Ramseys have been caught in dozens of lies, beginning on day one. They are shielding someone.

BlueCrab

BlueCrab said:
HOTYH,

There's no reason to lie in a murder investigation. There are plenty of killers on death row right now because they were caught in a lie.

The Ramseys have been caught in dozens of lies, beginning on day one. They are shielding someone.

BlueCrab
Lying on its own doesn't make you guilty. Murdering makes you guilty.

UKGuy said:

I wonder that, too. After reading your opinion that JonBenet's injuries were intentional (with which I agree), I now realize there was a much bigger psychological aspect to this crime than I had previously thought. I'd always looked at the crime as pretty simple: An initial accidental action followed by staging. I now think it appears that JonBenet may have been in a rather dreadful situation, that was destined (perhaps by its escalating nature) to end in tragedy. While her death may not have been "planned," it certainly may have been "led up to" over a period of time. While her death took place on that particular night, the circumstances leading to it may go beyond (prior to) that. (IMO)

BlueCrab said:
HOTYH,

BlueCrab
This is a rather sweeping statement, which is odd because it contradicts sound reasoning that this type of crime, sexual assault and murder on a 6 year old, is almost always perpetrated by a pedophile acting alone.

Given the injuries and evidence on JBR herself, and the lack of any clear cut evidence against the R's, besides whats trumped up media hype, the intruder idea is not only possible, but probable.

There's a lack of clear cut evidence against the Rs? What is fibers from their clothing found in the crime scene and on the body, then? Their multitude of contradicting statements and outright lies? Their refusal to cooperate without ridiculous conditions and hindering investigation, hiring people to keep them out of jail rather than search for the kiler? What evidence do you see as being clear cut of an intruder?

UKGuy said:
Toltec,

Would it be viewed as innocently as it may have been back then or was JonBenet dropping hints in other ways? Could be or could be just that JonBenet was very spoiled. I have seen children do this for attention and it is fairly obnoxious. Doesn't always mean they are being sexually abused.

Yes, Patsy is not going to discuss anything with Fleet White's wife.

UKGuy said:
Toltec,

I am surprised she even put that in her book. Shows how sure of herself she is.

laini said:
So what are your thoughts, everybody, on this... could this have been molestation that went too far. And the perv (family, friend, or otherwise) was not the proud type of child molester but was ashamed and made up the note to try to look like a kidnapping instead, the lesser of two evils in his mind than sexual molestation.
I don't see the note writer as being ashamed in any way. IMO the primary purpose of the note was the self-preservation of its writer through: 1) Offering an explanation for JonBenet's dead body; and 2) Focusing attention away from the home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kforbes862
Back