The White Truck Seen by Jim K

LE said she drove it that day. I think it was to blend in and to drive something different than her usual.

I also factor in that if you were going somewhere with a dirt road... which might be muddy at the time.... you wouldn't want to drive your Mustang.

But I agree, I think that blending in would have been the plan... if it was completely out of the ordinary for her to drive it.

Do they have car seats for kids in both vehicles?

If that school is anything like others in nicer areas, the pickup might have stood out more because most women drive SUV's. I hope LE proved that Terri drove by cameras at stop lights or something besides just being told by the family.

We don't really know what was said in the household about the why/when the truck needed to be towed. But according to our laws, they had every right to do it.

How do we know that LE didn't check out that truck while it was in the shop? Even a simple swipe of the tires to see if it had dirt, etc. from Souvie Island?

How do we know that LE didn't check out that truck while it was in the shop? Even a simple swipe of the tires to see if it had dirt, etc. from Souvie Island?

If they did, hopefully they had a warrant! There can be no mistakes here!!

I don't think LE would actually say she WAS driving the truck that day if she wasn't. She was driving it.

To the original poster's point, asking about frequency of Mustang to Truck, it is a good question.

We know the Mustang is Terri's car. That's for sure. And the couple drove her car to the gym that day when they scurried away as the journalist asked them what the public could do to help them find their little boy. They both got into the car very quickly and shut the doors. Terri got into the driver's seat.

All of this, right there on TV, for everyone to see that night on local news. And record and rewind and watch again. Awkward, to say the least.

I think Terri probably drove her car to all of her volunteering at Skyline, too. But on Science Fair day, LE has said she was driving the truck. That vehicle would have made her BLEND IN that day, not only due to its neutral white truckness, but also because she is normally associated with and noticed in her RED GT MUSTANG with custom plates.

Did you really need a double cab truck to carry a poster board and diorama to a 2nd grader's science fair? Let me just leave it at that.

Have you seen the interior of a mustang lately? Not large at all, plus she had a child's safety seat in the back for the 18 month old. They are a PIA to take in/ out IMO. Leaves very little room for the science project, and maybe shes oe of those people who has alot of junk in the trunk of her car, her gym bag for example. I keep mine in the back of my jeep and am sure many others do the same.

Maybe the truck was running fine the day she took it, and started "acting up" afterwards. Wonder what was wrong with it, and would whatever was wrong with the truck provide any clue as to where she had been with it on June 4? Reaching, I know. But, you NEVER know, could be!!!!!

Yeah, the king cab trucks have a boatload of room, my oldest DD has one and there's NOTHING she cant haul, and that's with a baby seat in the back, too. So I understand why she wanted to take the truck vs the mustang.

caring: i am gonna play devil's advocate to the popular theory of TH driving the white truck (and i do believe she did drive it to school that morning)...something about the LE questionaire just isnt sitting right with me..i am wondering if someone else wasnt driving that truck shortly afterwards and the purpose of the questionaire was to exonorate TH....eta - again something is really off with the whole truck thing - why would she drive it if it was having starter troubles....what would be the odds of it being towed the next week....i really really want to know LE's rationale behind that questionaire

Starters can "go" "just like that" (finger snap inserted here) It can be fine one minute and the next time you start it up, nothing. DH is a mechanic on the side, and I know more than I want to about car stuff.

abbie

The Mustang would get better gas mileage than the truck. Maybe someone intended to use the Mustang to take Kyron to meet his mom halfway between their homes.

Even so, I think Terri seems way too organized to leave her phone in a vehicle she wasn't driving, especially if someone else was taking the mustang out of town.

Here's a question about the vehicles. When, at 3:45, and all he77 broke loose, who drove what to the school. We know TH got to the school and LE told them (school personnel and/or TH and/or KH) that LE needed for one parent to be at the house and LE was en route to the house. So, did TH and KH drive their vehicles separately to the school - so one could get back to the house without stranding the other? Did someone at the school (or possibly even LE) offer to take the stranded parent back to the house? If only TH showed up at school what vehicle was she in? If they were together at the bus stop why wouldn't they have taken one vehicle to the school? If they weren't together at the bus stop - where was KH? We know TH was waiting for the bus, or was she?

I'm so confused.

Why did both parents go to the bus stop in whichever vehicle, to pick Kyron up? Did they have plans to go somewhere together from the bus stop? Did Dad usually accompany TH to the bus stop to pick up Kyron on Friays (when ie has been reported that he works from home on Fridays) Did TH want husband to go along so she would have a 'witness' that Kyron did not get off the bus, that she did nothing to Kyron after he got off the bus?
How could TH be so sure nobody saw her leave the school with Kyron, if she did, in fact, take him out of the school that morning? Many peeps around, (inside and outside) and I remember in elementary school doing a lot of staring out the windows...anyone could have seen her leaving with him. Maybe the questionnaires got that question answered, LE isn't saying!

thinking about the truck and it's problems...may be since TH was 'only' taking Kyron to school, she took the truck and KH took the Mustang since he was driving a little further away to get to work. It could also be that if it was having problems, the house/school is closer to the shop so they wouldn't have to have it towed as far if the truck failed. My husband and I used to do something similar if one of our cars was acting up, since I had a farther drive in the opposite direction from the shop, I'd take the "good" car and he'd take the "bad" car until we could get it repaird.

This being said, playing :devil:'s advocate, I agree with a previous poster, if you "knew" you were going to drive down a dirt road, a possibly muddy dirt road, you'd take a truck, not a Mustang.

We have a truck and a suv, usually I drive the suv and dh drives the truck, however there are times I drive the truck and that's because dh needs the suv.
Could it be that somebody else wanted the mustang that day?

VB

It might not have mattered because its been reported that husband worked from home on Fridays, so he may not have "needed" a vehicle at all that day.
She might have needed the extra room the truck afforded for Kyrons project, so she took it instead of her mustang. Just guessing.

It might not have mattered because its been reported that husband worked from home on Fridays, so he may not have "needed" a vehicle at all that day. She might have needed the extra room the truck afforded for Kyrons project, so she took it instead of her mustang. Just guessing.

I keep asking this, but if it has been answered and I missed it I apologize.

Where was it reported that Kaine worked from home on Fridays?

All I ever saw (and I am trying, really trying, and I think almost succeeding to read every single post) was a poster say that her husband does that. the email from Kyron's Dad says "we" but that doesn't convince me that he was at home or at the bus stop either. A lot of married people say "we" when they are referring to assertions made by either spouse. Has it actually been in the press reports that Kaine was at home?

Thanks so much!

Why did both parents go to the bus stop in whichever vehicle, to pick Kyron up? Did they have plans to go somewhere together from the bus stop? Did Dad usually accompany TH to the bus stop to pick up Kyron on Friays (when ie has been reported that he works from home on Fridays) Did TH want husband to go along so she would have a 'witness' that Kyron did not get off the bus, that she did nothing to Kyron after he got off the bus?
How could TH be so sure nobody saw her leave the school with Kyron, if she did, in fact, take him out of the school that morning? Many peeps around, (inside and outside) and I remember in elementary school doing a lot of staring out the windows...anyone could have seen her leaving with him. Maybe the questionnaires got that question answered, LE isn't saying!
Only Terri went to pick him up at the bus stop.

I keep asking this, but if it has been answered and I missed it I apologize.

Where was it reported that Kaine worked from home on Fridays?

All I ever saw (and I am trying, really trying, and I think almost succeeding to read every single post) was a poster say that her husband does that. the email from Kyron's Dad says "we" but that doesn't convince me that he was at home or at the bus stop either. A lot of married people say "we" when they are referring to assertions made by either spouse. Has it actually been in the press reports that Kaine was at home?

Thanks so much!

It was never reported as fact. Just someone who thought he might have been at home.

It was never reported as fact. Just someone who thought he might have been at home.

So, if he were at work (we don't know that, but if) there would be only one car for TH to drive, whichever one was left.

LE seems to be saying that she was in the truck, yes?

There isn't really any rhyme or reason behind whether I take my van or my husband's car. If I have multiple kids with me, I will generally take the van, but just me or just me + 1 kid, I'm equally likely to take either one. Doesn't mean anything one way or the other around here.

If he's parked behind me, I'll almost certainly just take his car, rather than move them all around.

Just food for thought.

in Dad's statement posted at his work website (sorry it is here really.. I just do not know where the he!! it is) he says "when WE went to pick him up at the bus stop" so this could be where some are getting the impression that they were both there.

edited part of my post that was not correct; thanks everyone :)

in Dad's statement posted at his work website (sorry it is here really.. I just do not know where the he!! it is) he says "when WE went to pick him up at the bus stop" so this could be where some are getting the impression that they were both there. However from that post from the father I also got that they (or she.....further delay? mean anything???) went back home to call 911 themselves (as bus driver had already called from the radio and the school called)

http://ackerlaw.com/posts/2010/06/07/missing_child__kyron_horman_7

thanks ruby! I think it still was a case of semantics. with tight lips I don't think we will ever really know until kyron is found or the perp is brought to justice. thanks again!

Am I the only one who found Kaine's note to sound really detached and strangely worded under the circumstances?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back