The White Truck Seen by Jim K

There is nothing in the biodad's statement that says they went back to the house to call the police, or 'stall', or whatever someone else implied. I think it has been reported that the parents were on the phone or bus phone with the school and the school reported his disappearance WHILE they were on the line. I have heard nothing about a separate 911 call.

I think the biodad uses the word 'we' too often to not be directly saying that he was home at that time and that both of them went to pick him up. I don't know why people find that so surprising... if my children rode buses, I'd want my fiance to walk down to the bus stop with me to pick them up. Plus, from what other news reports said, biodad and SM both immediately went to the school together, at which point one of them was told to go home in case Kyron showed up there. I don't know how far away biodad works, but I think it makes more sense to take him at his word- that he was there.

You will note that he does not say that 'we' took him to school, so he definitely knows the difference between 'we' and 'SM'.

"We did not know he was not at school until we went to get him off of the bus at 3:30 and he was nowhere to be found. The bus driver immediately called the school which responded that his teacher had not seen him all day in class, at which point we notified police in partnership with the school. "

bbm

They do not say in the questions she was driving the truck. She very well could have been, but LE has not said she was. It is not fact.

http://www.kgw.com/video/featured-videos/Briefing-on-new-Kyron-flier-with-stepmom-96685544.html

Here's a quick link to a PC in which it is stated that TH was driving the truck on the 4th.

I think Terri probably drove her car to all of her volunteering at Skyline, too. But on Science Fair day, LE has said she was driving the truck. That vehicle would have made her BLEND IN that day, not only due to its neutral white truckness, but also because she is normally associated with and noticed in her RED GT MUSTANG with custom plates.

Did you really need a double cab truck to carry a poster board and diorama to a 2nd grader's science fair? Let me just leave it at that.

It would only be possible for me to read some nefarious reasoning into Terri's driving the truck that day if I knew for a fact that it was an aberration. And if it was an aberration, I'd need to know that TH asked to drive the truck that day, not the other way around.

My husband and I switch vehicles occasionally. Wanna know why? If he is parked behind me and I have to leave first, I take "his" vehicle! TH driving the truck could be as simple as that.

Why did both parents go to the bus stop in whichever vehicle, to pick Kyron up? Did they have plans to go somewhere together from the bus stop? .....Maybe the questionnaires got that question answered, LE isn't saying!

My understanding is that the bus stop is at the end of the driveway. I don't think either parent drove a vehicle down the driveway to meet the bus!

Am I the only one who found Kaine's note to sound really detached and strangely worded under the circumstances?

It sounds as though it was written by a man who does some technical writing. My husband is a geologist/pet. engineer, and honestly, all his writing is technically oriented. (The dummy even signed a little love letter to me with "all my love, your husband, SIGNED HIS FULL NAME.)

My husband is a geologist/pet. engineer, and honestly, all his writing is technically oriented. (The dummy even signed a little love letter to me with "all my love, your husband, SIGNED HIS FULL NAME.)

in case you had another husband! :crazy:

in Dad's statement posted at his work website (sorry it is here really.. I just do not know where the he!! it is) he says "when WE went to pick him up at the bus stop" so this could be where some are getting the impression that they were both there. However from that post from the father I also got that they (or she.....further delay? mean anything???) went back home to call 911 themselves (as bus driver had already called from the radio and the school called)

The school secretary called 911. The information about the 911 call and the timeline surrounding it is on the Multnomah County Sheriff's office site.
http://www.mcso.us/public/newsroom/Kyron_PIO_timeline.pdf

It doesn't say anything about Kaine or Terri calling 911.

There's a lot more officially released information at the site, too.
http://www.mcso.us/public/newsroom.htm

It might not have mattered because its been reported that husband worked from home on Fridays, so he may not have "needed" a vehicle at all that day.
She might have needed the extra room the truck afforded for Kyrons project, so she took it instead of her mustang. Just guessing.

BBM.. I have never driven or owned a truck and have never had a problem transporting any projects done by any of my childen or grandchildren on a tri-fold poster board...

•Total dimensions: 4 feet wide (48 inches), 3 feet tall (36 inches)
•Left and right sections are 1 foot wide (12 inches), center section is 2 feet (24 inches)

I don't think LE would actually say she WAS driving the truck that day if she wasn't. She was driving it.

To the original poster's point, asking about frequency of Mustang to Truck, it is a good question.

We know the Mustang is Terri's car. That's for sure. And the couple drove her car to the gym that day when they scurried away as the journalist asked them what the public could do to help them find their little boy. They both got into the car very quickly and shut the doors. Terri got into the driver's seat.

All of this, right there on TV, for everyone to see that night on local news. And record and rewind and watch again. Awkward, to say the least.

I think Terri probably drove her car to all of her volunteering at Skyline, too. But on Science Fair day, LE has said she was driving the truck. That vehicle would have made her BLEND IN that day, not only due to its neutral white truckness, but also because she is normally associated with and noticed in her RED GT MUSTANG with custom plates.

Did you really need a double cab truck to carry a poster board and diorama to a 2nd grader's science fair? Let me just leave it at that.

Excellent point! If I may delve into the cell phone issue briefly? I"m reading about Sauvie Island and how she may have been there. Could she have possibly 'dropped the phone off' at Sauvie Island the day before or lost it there, thus her not having her cell that day? She didn't have it when she went to the bus stop to get Kyron, did she? I've not read any confirmation that she had it with her, thus the bus driver calling the school for her.

Is the mustang a 2 seater or can 4 people ride in them?

There is nothing in the biodad's statement that says they went back to the house to call the police, or 'stall', or whatever someone else implied. I think it has been reported that the parents were on the phone or bus phone with the school and the school reported his disappearance WHILE they were on the line. I have heard nothing about a separate 911 call.

I think the biodad uses the word 'we' too often to not be directly saying that he was home at that time and that both of them went to pick him up. I don't know why people find that so surprising... if my children rode buses, I'd want my fiance to walk down to the bus stop with me to pick them up. Plus, from what other news reports said, biodad and SM both immediately went to the school together, at which point one of them was told to go home in case Kyron showed up there. I don't know how far away biodad works, but I think it makes more sense to take him at his word- that he was there.

You will note that he does not say that 'we' took him to school, so he definitely knows the difference between 'we' and 'SM'.

"We did not know he was not at school until we went to get him off of the bus at 3:30 and he was nowhere to be found. The bus driver immediately called the school which responded that his teacher had not seen him all day in class, at which point we notified police in partnership with the school. "

Has any info been released yet as to the Kaine's whereabouts that morning? Was he at work? If so, did he only work half a day? Was he at the bus stop with Terri?

Excellent point! If I may delve into the cell phone issue briefly? I"m reading about Sauvie Island and how she may have been there. Could she have possibly 'dropped the phone off' at Sauvie Island the day before or lost it there, thus her not having her cell that day? She didn't have it when she went to the bus stop to get Kyron, did she? I've not read any confirmation that she had it with her, thus the bus driver calling the school for her.

Is the mustang a 2 seater or can 4 people ride in them?

bbm

4 people can ride in them and a car seat fits in just fine.

What if *someone* was "playing around" with the starter in the truck to rig it up to explode or something the next time it was driven?? ie..the murder for hire plot.

Maybe she was planning to get rid of both father and son on that day and something went wrong.

Only Terri went to pick him up at the bus stop.

Well then this is just confusing. BBM

During the Friday interviews, Kaine Horman said he and Terri Horman had gone to the school bus stop together to pick up Kyron on the afternoon of June 4. When the bus driver told them Kyron wasn't on the bus, he thought the boy may have stayed at the school and expected them to pick him up there. Police were alerted after the discovery that Kyron had been absent from class.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2012210908_missingboy26.html?syndication=rss

What if *someone* was "playing around" with the starter in the truck to rig it up to explode or something the next time it was driven?? ie..the murder for hire plot.

Maybe she was planning to get rid of both father and son on that day and something went wrong.

Wow, I never thought of that, it could be possible. How scary! I hope we hear more from the lawn guy, if the story about him is true.

Just my opinion

During the Friday interviews, Kaine Horman said he and Terri Horman had gone to the school bus stop together to pick up Kyron on the afternoon of June 4. When the bus driver told them Kyron wasn't on the bus, he thought the boy may have stayed at the school and expected them to pick him up there. Police were alerted after the discovery that Kyron had been absent from class.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2012210908_missingboy26.html?syndication=rss

Did they drive the truck to the bus stop or walk?

Wouldn't it have looked like a very suspicious coincidence to have a child abducted from school and a husband blown up in his car the same day? Unless you can make it look like the hubby blew himself up in remorse after having done something to his child it's going to be difficult to explain the coincidence.

If you want to get rid of two people why not just have both of them in the car when it blows up?

Donjeta wrote
Wouldn't it have looked like a very suspicious coincidence to have a child abducted from school and a husband blown up in his car the same day?

As always you are the master of the understatement. LOL

Or it would look like someone was out to get Kaine and took his son,also.Good thoughts,didn't think of this angle.And maybe why the truck was taken in to see who could have tampered with it and what all was done,fingerprints and dna search.If LE were the ones having it brought in and not have Terri suspect why.

In reference to the starter, TH's father stated Terri was upset that her (paraphrase by me) 'truck was taken twice by the police.' You know, this story just turns and turns. I do think there are more 'revelations' to come but I also believe they will involve the sordid details of their relationship and the 'whys' for all of this. Unless, of course, America is turning into drug cartel Mexico behavior where hits are commonplace as retaliation.

Sorry if this has been covered before. I have been hopping on and off of this thread since Kyron has been missing because I didn't want to follow another missing child due to the emotional involvement but anyway, here I am, again. Has the question been asked on why the two of them went to the bus stop to pick up Kyron? Were they suppose to go somewhere after picking him up? I'm just wondering why the two parents would take a baby with them to the bus stop when one parent could have easily picked up Kyron.

Sorry if this has been covered before. I have been hopping on and off of this thread since Kyron has been missing because I didn't want to follow another missing child due to the emotional involvement but anyway, here I am, again. Has the question been asked on why the two of them went to the bus stop to pick up Kyron? Were they suppose to go somewhere after picking him up? I'm just wondering why the two parents would take a baby with them to the bus stop when one parent could have easily picked up Kyron.

The "bus stop" is the end of their driveway, maybe they just went out to take a walk with the baby after her nap.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6
Back