The White Truck Seen by Jim K

BBM.. I have never driven or owned a truck and have never had a problem transporting any projects done by any of my childen or grandchildren on a tri-fold poster board...

•Total dimensions: 4 feet wide (48 inches), 3 feet tall (36 inches)
•Left and right sections are 1 foot wide (12 inches), center section is 2 feet (24 inches)

Do you drive a Mustang? Have you ever been in the back seat of a Mustang? They are tiny. My husband (5' 10") rode in a friend's and he could not sit up straight. And hopefully these people had a child's carseat installed back there as well. So you've got a carseat, an adult, a child, and a 3 ft chunk of posterboard that cannot bend. I'd be taking the truck.

(Of course, this presumes the project was delivered the morning of the science fair, and not the day before... has that question actually been answered?)

Police can (and do) lie to suspects all the time......but lying to the public is a whole 'nother can of worms. Why lie when you can say "No comment" ?

Police sometimes lie to the public in an effort to mislead the suspect. They may state that they believe the suspect's story, for example, in order to give the suspect a false sense of security and a feeling that the police are on their side. Then their defenses are down and LE is better able to obtain information. (This happened in the balloon boy case, when the police stated that they believed the Heene's story, when all the while they were working to obtain evidence that it was a hoax, as they actually believed it to be.)

The posterboard is not a chunk. It folds completely flat and has a depth of about 3/4". It could easily have rested upright on the floor or the back or front seats. I have a school age child and a small car. There has never been a problem transporting these. Don't forget, there's also the trunk where the posterboard can lay flat.

Do you drive a Mustang? Have you ever been in the back seat of a Mustang? They are tiny. My husband (5' 10") rode in a friend's and he could not sit up straight. And hopefully these people had a child's carseat installed back there as well. So you've got a carseat, an adult, a child, and a 3 ft chunk of posterboard that cannot bend. I'd be taking the truck.

(Of course, this presumes the project was delivered the morning of the science fair, and not the day before... has that question actually been answered?)

I am very familiar with Mustangs, and even with a car seat, a booster seat and a stroller, there would be absolutely no problem putting a poster board into the cargo area. I could go try it and take pictures using my daughter's room mates car that is the same year as TH's, but hardly think it is worth bothering with that, as I know they drove it on a road trip with four college girls plus a weeks worth of luggage for four sorority girls with NO problem. :crazy:

Two things about the truck keep coming back to me . . .
1) The white truck seen by at least one neighbor, down that dead end of the road at around 3PM that Friday, when it's been reported they were ?both at the bus stop at 3:30? Why?

2) Now in light of the murder for hire scheme, could she have rigged or had someone rig the truck somehow to make it look like an accident when KH drove it, and instead he towed it in after discovering a problem??

Then LE really had it towed the 2nd time. ? I can't recall the date of the towing, if that coincides with when LE got wind of the KH murder for hire scheme?

will go look . .

If she rigged it, I would think she would have to research how. IF she used her own computer, that would of been dumb. But if she went to a local library that would of been a smarter move, but I would hope LE has checked out that too.

Two things about the truck keep coming back to me . . .
1) The white truck seen by at least one neighbor, down that dead end of the road at around 3PM that Friday, when it's been reported they were ?both at the bus stop at 3:30? Why?

2) Now in light of the murder for hire scheme, could she have rigged or had someone rig the truck somehow to make it look like an accident when KH drove it, and instead he towed it in after discovering a problem??

Then LE really had it towed the 2nd time. ? I can't recall the date of the towing, if that coincides with when LE got wind of the KH murder for hire scheme?

will go look . .

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the problem with the truck was the starter. That would not be something particularly dangerous. When the starter goes bad, the vehicle simply won't start. Therefore the reason for the tow.

I know this has been said before, but, at my house we have no assigned cars. We frequently and with no particular reason take different cars to work or errands. I like the feel of the larger vehicle so I tend to drive that if it is available, while my wife enjoys filling the smaller tank of the car, however on any given day we may be in opposite cars. What's even worse is that I am not sure either of us can pinpoint a reason we took a specific car that day.

I know this has been said before, but, at my house we have no assigned cars. We frequently and with no particular reason take different cars to work or errands. I like the feel of the larger vehicle so I tend to drive that if it is available, while my wife enjoys filling the smaller tank of the car, however on any given day we may be in opposite cars. What's even worse is that I am not sure either of us can pinpoint a reason we took a specific car that day.

I don't have any trouble believing that they changed cars frequently. Spouse and I do, too. It was KH's statement that he left her to drive the kids around in a vehicle that conceivably wouldn't start that troubled me. She might have been calling a tow truck from a parking lot while trying to change a dirty diaper. Yes, not dangerous, but kind of...I dunno, inconsiderate?

I don't have any trouble believing that they changed cars frequently. Spouse and I do, too. It was KH's statement that he left her to drive the kids around in a vehicle that conceivably wouldn't start that troubled me. She might have been calling a tow truck from a parking lot while trying to change a dirty diaper. Yes, not dangerous, but kind of...I dunno, inconsiderate?

Sadly, I have done this to my poor wife:loser:, of course she has AAA so I use that to ease my conscience. Still inconsiderate.....maybe I will rethink that in the future.:angel:

The mystery of which vehicle TH was driving on the morning of June 4th was settled for me when the questionnaire (which LE made) was sent out & the caption below the photo of the white Ford pickup truck read: "similar to the one Terri Horman was driving on 6/4/2010". I took that to mean that TH (or someone) informed LE that she had driven the white pickup to school, or at the very least, LE believes that she did.

As far as who drove the white pickup later that day - it's still a mystery to me.

This is enough confirmation for me as well. Now, if the witnesses (Jim K) sited seeing the truck at 3:00pm that day, then at 2AM that nite, then the question is, has that area been searched thoroughly with a fine tooth comb? IMO

Originally Posted by carbuff

Sadly, I have done this to my poor wife:loser:, of course she has AAA so I use that to ease my conscience. Still inconsiderate.....maybe I will rethink that in the future.:angel:

Question: Was there indeed a mechanical problem with the truck? Did LE have someone search it when it went into the shop? It sounds like they took advantage of the truck problems while it was in repair to their advantage to search without Terri nearby? I read they searched it twice but don't know when those times were.

CDB, we have triple-a also, and i'm so thankful we do, especially with two little ones. Another thing I wondered was, d o the Hormans have two separate sets of car seats? If they only had one I would imagine that would determine who drove what vehicle the majority of the time. The boosters aren't so bad to relocate but the actual car seats can be a pistol to secure time and time again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back