The White Truck Seen by Jim K

Sorry if this has been covered before. I have been hopping on and off of this thread since Kyron has been missing because I didn't want to follow another missing child due to the emotional involvement but anyway, here I am, again. Has the question been asked on why the two of them went to the bus stop to pick up Kyron? Were they suppose to go somewhere after picking him up? I'm just wondering why the two parents would take a baby with them to the bus stop when one parent could have easily picked up Kyron.

One story said they were taking him out for ice cream to celebrate the hard work on the frog project.

Unless something has changed (last updated 04/27/2010), the bus stops at:

15*** NW SHELTERED NOOK RD 8:22 AM 146
15*** NW SHELTERED NOOK RD 3:31 PM 146

16*** NW SHELTERED NOOK RD 8:19 AM 146
16*** NW SHELTERED NOOK RD 3:30 PM 146

http://www.pps.k12.or.us/depts-c/bus/bus_out.php?school=SKY&upload_date=4/27/2010

I guess neither carried their cell phones with them.

The "bus stop" is the end of their driveway, maybe they just went out to take a walk with the baby after her nap.

Sorry if this has been covered before. I have been hopping on and off of this thread since Kyron has been missing because I didn't want to follow another missing child due to the emotional involvement but anyway, here I am, again. Has the question been asked on why the two of them went to the bus stop to pick up Kyron? Were they suppose to go somewhere after picking him up? I'm just wondering why the two parents would take a baby with them to the bus stop when one parent could have easily picked up Kyron.

ETA
I don't see anything strange about them both going and taking the baby. On days when my hubby is home, he and I have both walked to our son's school to get him. And we've taken our daughter.

I guess a few people had white trucks.What did this landscaper guy drive?Did the police check his car cars and house?

caring: i am gonna play devil's advocate to the popular theory of TH driving the white truck (and i do believe she did drive it to school that morning)...something about the LE questionaire just isnt sitting right with me..i am wondering if someone else wasnt driving that truck shortly afterwards and the purpose of the questionaire was to exonorate TH....eta - again something is really off with the whole truck thing - why would she drive it if it was having starter troubles....what would be the odds of it being towed the next week....i really really want to know LE's rationale behind that questionaire

how do we know if the starter was bad? we know that the poster that was posting that stuff on that news site was not her... I wonder why they towed the truck twice too?

The sauvie searches seem investigation and tip specific.

I've been thinking they can match soil from the truck to soil on sauvie somewhere... Maybe somewhat accurately.

The island, being large, but surrounded by water will no doubt have distinctive geology, silt and soil areas.

I guess I have been thinking the interest in the truck is exterior, (assuming it was logged & cleared for blood/fluids/fingerprints, etc.)

The sauvie searches seem investigation and tip specific.

I've been thinking they can match soil from the truck to soil on sauvie somewhere... Maybe somewhat accurately.

The island, being large, but surrounded by water will no doubt have distinctive geology, silt and soil areas.

I guess I have been thinking the interest in the truck is exterior, (assuming it was logged & cleared for blood/fluids/fingerprints, etc.)

Sauvie Island is also described as having produce stands and U-Pick berry places. If the Harmons had gone there within a week before Kyron going missing, the exterior of the truck wouldn't be of much value.

It would be like finding Kyron's DNA inside the truck. As he was known to have been in it for innocent reasons (and probably way more than once), so what if his DNA was found? It would be more suspicious if his DNA wasn't all over the interior of the truck. Likewise his hair, fingerprints, saliva and even small amounts of blood.

I keep thinking about it: what kind of evidence could they get from the truck that would be useful in court? And the only answer I can come up with is if they found a lot of Kyron's blood in it. A small amount wouldn't do it, such as from a nosebleed or minor cut, it would have to be a large amount.

If they found Kyron's urine in the truck, even that wouldn't necessarily be suspicious the way it was in the Dru Sjodin case. Dru Sjodin was a 22 year old woman but Kyron is just a little boy and sometimes little boys have accidents.

Does anyone else have any theories for incriminating evidence from the Horman family truck?

Sauvie Island is also described as having produce stands and U-Pick berry places. If the Harmons had gone there within a week before Kyron going missing, the exterior of the truck wouldn't be of much value.

It would be like finding Kyron's DNA inside the truck. As he was known to have been in it for innocent reasons (and probably way more than once), so what if his DNA was found? It would be more suspicious if his DNA wasn't all over the interior of the truck. Likewise his hair, fingerprints, saliva and even small amounts of blood.

I keep thinking about it: what kind of evidence could they get from the truck that would be useful in court? And the only answer I can come up with is if they found a lot of Kyron's blood in it. A small amount wouldn't do it, such as from a nosebleed or minor cut, it would have to be a large amount.

If they found Kyron's urine in the truck, even that wouldn't necessarily be suspicious the way it was in the Dru Sjodin case. Dru Sjodin was a 22 year old woman but Kyron is just a little boy and sometimes little boys have accidents.

Does anyone else have any theories for incriminating evidence from the Horman family truck?

Vomit mixed with a drug or poison?

Originally Posted by GrainneDhu

Vomit mixed with a drug or poison?

I have wondered if Kyron's glasses have been found in the truck.

in the questions and answers released today or yesterday KH says he did go to work that day, maybe he drove her car because work was further away then the school and since the truck was "acting up" he left the truck for her....

I watch alot of real crime shows, and it seems to me that they usually check for plants/weeds and such caught up in the underneath of the truck.. and if they claim that the truck has not been off road, it would be very telling, especially for the high grass and marsh area they were searching...They also take tire impressions to compare to tracks that are found near the crime scene, looking for abnormalities in the tread....... :twocents: JMO.

Something like gun shot residue on the hands transferred the steering wheel?

in the questions and answers released today or yesterday KH says he did go to work that day, maybe he drove her car because work was further away then the school and since the truck was "acting up" he left the truck for her....

I don't think there was anything mechanically wrong with the white truck.
TH father said police towed the truck two times. Police can lie, when making statements on why the truck is being towed.

A white truck driven by a lady was seen by Jim Kelley and his neighbor Fri at 3 pm and Sat at 2 am near his home off of Cornelius Pass.

"We had two odd sightings of a vehicle on our road Friday," Kelley said. Around 3 p.m., he and a neighbor reported seeing a white pick-up truck with a female driver pull to the end of the long road, idle and then turn around. Then again at 2 a.m. Saturday morning, a similar white pickup truck appeared, idled and when a neighbor loosed her dogs, eased away.

"A, it was strange to have a car there, any car there, that we didn't know, and B, it was strange to have a vehicle come down our dead-end road twice in the same day, hours after a little boy goes missing," said Kelley. "That's beyond rare."

Kelley said authorities have twice searched the deep ravine, creek and railroad tracks located near the end of his street by air and on foot.
According to http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/day_three_search_continues_hun.html)

Can a person get a good look at Sauvie Island from Cornelius Pass? A clear view of police activity, helicopters, searchers etc?

I don't think there was anything mechanically wrong with the white truck.
TH father said police towed the truck two times. Police can lie, when making statements on why the truck is being towed.

Police can (and do) lie to suspects all the time......but lying to the public is a whole 'nother can of worms. Why lie when you can say "No comment" ?

Frankly, I am beyond shocked that not one media source has investigated if the truck was truly towed to the dealership or not.

Police can (and do) lie to suspects all the time......but lying to the public is a whole 'nother can of worms. Why lie when you can say "No comment" ?

Frankly, I am beyond shocked that not one media source has investigated if the truck was truly towed to the dealership or not.

Maybe, for some reason, LE requested that the media not investigate or they gave the media info, but requested it be off record.

This bothers me. What father would leave a mother with 2 children and errands to run with a faulty vehicle. He would be better able to handle an auto emergency. Just bugs me. Maybe it is because I just cry when the car breaks down and don't know what else to do, lol.

This bothers me. What father would a mother with 2 children and errands to run with a faulty vehicle. He would be better able to handle an auto emergency. Just bugs me. Maybe it is because I just cry when the car breaks down and don't know what else to do, lol.

Yeah, that bothers me too. Unless she had an appointment to take it in to be looked at, I would think the person with the kids would get the more reliable car.

Maybe the truck wasn't acting up. The truck wasn't taken in until about a week later.

Two things about the truck keep coming back to me . . .
1) The white truck seen by at least one neighbor, down that dead end of the road at around 3PM that Friday, when it's been reported they were ?both at the bus stop at 3:30? Why?

2) Now in light of the murder for hire scheme, could she have rigged or had someone rig the truck somehow to make it look like an accident when KH drove it, and instead he towed it in after discovering a problem??

Then LE really had it towed the 2nd time. ? I can't recall the date of the towing, if that coincides with when LE got wind of the KH murder for hire scheme?

will go look . .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaEvans52
Back