toddler, woman killed by pit bulls

Sorry for the rant. It just floors me that everybody stands for dogs. Stands up for specific breeds, but not many people have said "That's a da*n shame Christine Staab is dead. It's a da*n shame that little boy is laying in a hospital and may lose a limb. It's a da*n shame entire family's are going through he*l right now because of a dog". Just my take on it.

Filly, I am really sorry if my posts have come across as standing up for dogs who attack, or as being unsympathetic to those who have been injured or killed in attacks.

Any dog who attacks and mauls a human being should be put to sleep. I also believe that any dog who is aggressive to other animals should be put down---if the attack was unprovoked. It is indeed a shame that anyone, any family should suffer due to a dog attack. Any owner who proves he cannot control his animal should have his animal removed from his possesion.

However, out of the hundreds of thousands of pit bull/ pit bull like dogs in USA, only a tiny percentage of them ever attack humans. It just does not make sense to me that MY dog, who has never even growled at anyone, much less attacked, should be euthanized because other dogs of his breed have been aggressive.

To sum up, while my sympathies go out to innocent victims, I do not believe the entire breed should suffer for the sins of a minority.

Some peope call Boxers bull dogs. they aren't but I've had plenty of people call my two Boxers, bull dogs.

I was at Petsmart one day with my Boxer and two different people commented on him. One had never seen such a big beautiful pit bull, and the other insisted he was a pit bull because they didn't think Boxers could be Brindle. LOL He's not the greatest looking Boxer, I'm sure he came from a backyard breeder, but he's unmistakably Boxer. :banghead:

LOL, my dog is part German Shepherd and part Terrier. People have asked me if he's a Shiba Inu (which he does look like) and even a wolf????? When he was a puppy people thought he was a Rottie. People who aren't into dogs can easily be mistaken for what breed they are.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back