Trial - Leonard P. Gonzalez, Jr. UPDATE -- Found Guilty

Are you kidding me? Seriously the defense just asked that since Melanie was unconscious from the first wound she wouldn't have felt the remaining two shots enter her body. Really do they think it matters that she didn't feel the 2nd and 3rd shot?????

I can't for the life of me figure out what the defence is doing in this case, The questions that are being asked when they can cross examine states witnesses makes no sense to me...And the guy that is sitting right next to JR that has a smile plastered on his face is really getting on my nerves, does he think this is funny? or are him a JR just good friends now...I can't believe how fast this case is going....all I can think about is how many sidebars there will be when KC stands trial, I can already see JB wanting so much face time with JP that it will take forever to get thru that trial...I really wish they would take a page out of this cases playbook because I have been really impressed....And by the way was there no DNA of JR on the 9mm gun, I am sure it had been wiped down some, but it showed 4 samples on that gun, and the defense never even asked if they were able to make a profile on any of the samples, I just don't get it....Grrr

What I understood regarding the 9 pistol was that the lab was not able to positively connect DNA to LPG, Jr. The defense (Gontarek) is attempting to discredit some witnesses and planting elements of doubt in others' testimony. I agree Etheridge and LPG, Jr. laugh and converse way too much. Etheridge always looks as if he has a smirk or smile. LPG, Jr.'s happy expressions do not fit the situation he's in at all. Personally, even if I were 110% innocent, I would not be able to manage a smile while being tried for homicide. The voluminous testimony yesterday (or is the expediency?) was almost too much to digest in one day...I wonder if it seems that way to the jury as well.

http://www.weartv.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wear_vid_11795.shtml

*snip* State attorneys did not find DNA or fingerprints on the pistol used in the murder, since they say Gonzalez wore gloves.

But DNA experts found some interesting evidence from samples taken from the two long guns used in the robbery.

Tomorrow they will have three more witnesses take the stand...

Bill Eddins expects to hand the case over to the defense before lunchtime.Gonzalez Trial Day 2
Thursday, October 28 2010, 12:41 AM EDT

Prosecution has rested its case, Defense has asked for an aquittal, Judge denied motion of aquittal,Judge is taking a mid morning break..

The defense has rested as well (calling no witnesses), it was so quick that we missed it. :waitasec:

(TruTv is replaying it right now)

LPG, Jr. states when addressed by Geeker that he is satisfied with the decisions of his attorneys and that the "evidence speaks for itself".

After the morning break the Defense has rested without calling anyone to the stand. The jury will be getting there instructions and will start the deliberations.

I wonder if closing arguments will be today or if they will wait until the morning for those?

Closing arguments, approx. 1 1/2 hrs ea., will begin after lunch. Reconvene at 1 PM.

LOL, I think I owe you a coke or something (again)... I'm gonna delete my post. :dance:

I've been out all morning and appreciate all the updates. Did Cab Tice or Hugh Wiggins testify today?

Does anyone know the significance of prosecution wanting to delete reference to "burglary of an occupied dwelling" from the jury instruction? I thought that was a more serious crime.

I just cannot believe with this being a death penlty case, how quick this has gotten to closing, with as many players that there has been with this case and within 3 1/2 days we are into closings....What about the Mexican Mafia, and all of the other people that were blamed in the beginning and the defense has not brought any of this forward to try and bring in reasonable doubt...I am happy that the defense has done such a crappy job..Byrd & Melanie will get justice in this case...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FloridaThemisProject
Back