Trial Thread 4/5/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are the tweets just before and after.....

Cristina Tenaglia ‏ @cristina_CHCHTV Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Tues May 19th, evening, #Rafferty arrested, police found him driving his Honda in Woodstock and initiated a takedown. #London

20h Cristina Tenaglia ‏ @cristina_CHCHTV Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
During a lighter moment in courtroom, #Rafferty smiles. A 'human' moment First time we've seen him grin. He looks especially worn today.

21h Cristina Tenaglia ‏ @cristina_CHCHTV Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
#Rafferty trial today. OPP Sgt. says search team sifted through 800 tonnes of garbage while looking for #Tori

The someone was asking about it and here is her reply:

Cristina Tenaglia ‏ @cristina_CHCHTV Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
@crobins72ca judges sometimes explain that a few 'lighter' moments help to ease tension, it's not in any way supposed to insensitive/comical

Well it was before the section to do with his arrest. Derstine's cross re the topography and elevation of the area at Mount Forest? Who knows? JMO

good morning everyone..

Im very curious as to how they will have found his home. Clean?, disorganised, pigstye ect.. Im going to take a wild guess and say it was clean and kept up.

Some one said earlier and i cant find the post, that the a reciept for a hair dye was found IN MR home? is this correct and has been testified? or is it assumed where the recipet was found? do we have a date on the reciept.. Reason i ask, I cant wrap my head around a guy ( any guy ) would think of hair dye and purchase it and then leave it outside the house at the end of the driveway ( assume thats where ) Just dont get it...

good morning everyone..

Im very curious as to how they will have found his home. Clean?, disorganised, pigstye ect.. Im going to take a wild guess and say it was clean and kept up.

Some one said earlier and i cant find the post, that the a reciept for a hair dye was found IN MR home? is this correct and has been testified? or is it assumed where the recipet was found? do we have a date on the reciept.. Reason i ask, I cant wrap my head around a guy ( any guy ) would think of hair dye and purchase it and then leave it outside the house at the end of the driveway ( assume thats where ) Just dont get it...

I'm expecting one of the items found will be a missing poster for Tori's disappearance. That was mentioned in the opening statement. Pill bottles, drugs, his computer? What about his gym bag and blue knife too? JMO

Did we find out at what time MR was arrested at the parking lot of the Good Life gym and Quality Inn? JMO

Why hasn't JW testified yet? She was the person with the other car and the Crown alleges that MR was in the process of getting another car. She would have to verify that, IMO. JMO

Why hasn't JW testified yet? She was the person with the other car and the Crown alleges that MR was in the process of getting another car. She would have to verify that, IMO. JMO

Maybe that will be chapter 9- what Rafferty said to friends?

The jury at the Michael Rafferty murder trial will hear evidence today about what Police found after searching his home http://bit.ly/HnH6uA

Can you see Jury reactions from the overflow courtroom?they are pretty small in the live shot of the courtroom. You can get a sense of body language, certainly not facial expressions. It's the same limitations with the witnesses.

Question:
I know a lot of people ask if Rafferty will take the stand, and I know you say its unknown if he will or not, But wouldn't his lawyer know if Rafferty will take the stand. Has any one asked the lawyer? or has been asked and he said he wasn't sure?

Answer:
we can't report on anything the jury hasn't heard so even if Rafferty's lawyer told us he was going to take the stand, we wouldn't report it until the jury hears it.

RaffertyLFP: Jury entering the courtroom on Day 19 of the Rafferty trial; Cnst. Scoyne is on the stand.

RaffertyLFP: Court will see 70 slides of Rafferty's residence at 70 Tennyson St. in Woodstock.

Jury has returned. Scoyne says they searched Rafferty's home at 70 Tenison St. in Woodstock.

RaffertyLFP: Rafferty is wearing a tan suit today rather than the usual grey. Now looking at aerials of his neighbourhood

I'm expecting one of the items found will be a missing poster for Tori's disappearance. That was mentioned in the opening statement. Pill bottles, drugs, his computer? What about his gym bag and blue knife too? JMO

They found a receipt for the hair dye he bought for TLM. The blue knife IIRC was not found. Let's pray for lots of damaging evidence. Justice for Tori and her family. Hope RS is ok and back today.

OPP identification Const. Gary Scoyne is back on the stand to talk about search warrant on #Rafferty's home at 70 Tennyson St. in Woodstock

Showing an aerial shot of 70 Tennyson.

Showing the home from the road. OPP vehicles in the shot.

RaffertyLFP: There is a mini-van in the driveway; van is registered to Raffety's mother

Van in the drive way was registered to Rafferty's mother, Scoyne believes.

good morning everyone..

his mother's house :floorlaugh:

Jury has returned. Scoyne says they searched Rafferty's home at 70 Tenison St. in Woodstock.

Showing an aerial shot of 70 Tennyson.

Showing the home from the road. OPP vehicles in the shot.

Van in the drive way was registered to Rafferty's mother, Scoyne believes.

RaffertyLFP: Scoyne says there were no findings of significance on the outside of the 3-level residence/duplex.

Rafferty's 2-story white-shingled house looks well kept with backyard gardens. It was located at the end of a cul-de-sac #ToriStafford

Scoyne says the exterior was searched first, then the interior. No significant findings outside.

Scoyne says the exterior was searched first, then the interior. No significant findings outside.

Scoyne says residence actually had 3 levels, 2 floors and a basement

RaffertyLFP: Scoyne describing front hallway and closets; confirms the same process of investigation as McClintic's Wilson St. home

Showing jurors a shot of Rafferty's closet. Just inside the front door.

RaffertyLFP: Pea coat found in front closet; this is one of the items officers were searching for.

Showing jurors a shot of Rafferty's closet. Just inside the front door.

Coats are being shown. Police were looking for a black pea coat. Found one in the closet.

RaffertyLFP: Rafferty taking close look at shot of black pea coat; coat has been marked up at centre for forensic sciences

There are chalk marks on the jacket. They were drawn on by experts at the centre of forensic sciences.

Rafferty's jacket is in an evidence bag in the courtroom. Being shown to the jury by Carnegie.

The actual pea coat is being submitted as evidence; confirmed as same jacket by Scoyne, observing forensic markings. Coat shown to jury

Question:
I know a lot of people ask if Rafferty will take the stand, and I know you say its unknown if he will or not, But wouldn't his lawyer know if Rafferty will take the stand. Has any one asked the lawyer? or has been asked and he said he wasn't sure?

Answer:
we can't report on anything the jury hasn't heard so even if Rafferty's lawyer told us he was going to take the stand, we wouldn't report it until the jury hears it.

IMHO I think the defense will wait until closer the end of the trial to see how damaging the Crown's case is against MR, as to whether he will take the stand. If he does, he is going to be subjected to the Crown's examination which may be the "tell all" and very damaging for MR. Therefore it's so hard to say how it's going to play out in that regard. :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500