Found Deceased TX - Joseph Garcia, 42, Baylor County, 2 July 2015

I was told his white expedition was found approximately 10 miles south of abilne by the officer that found it and it was in drive position and running at the time the officer got to it. So I know at this point what info is true. I was also informed by the officer that it was heading or pointing in the south direction.

If the car was running and in drive, what kept it from moving forward? Was it up against something? I am blonde so bear with me here!

The Seymour police have pulled his cellphone records like I was and they told me the last time his cell phone connected to a tower was Sunday July 5 just south of abilne. His car was not broke down the officer that found it running in gear got in it and drove it back up to the road for the tow truck.

So the officer didn't call and have the SUV checked for prints before he got in and drove it to the road? I would have thought that before he touched the keys or steering wheel, seat, etc. he would have been smart enough to call forensics in to shake it down before moving it.

Does he have any medical conditions that would possibly disorient him if symptoms came on? Diabetes, heart issues, etc.?

So we know his cell phone was in the car at the time because it connected but had he tried to call anyone we know about since he dropped you off at the airport? I'm trying to figure out if he was carjacked in Dallas or really did drive to Abilene.
When he left dfw airport he came back to Seymour then from Seymour towards abilne. The Seymour police gave me that info from the phone records they got. I know who he talked to last when I was with him after that I don't know. I told Seymour police if they told me the numbers that were called last I could probably tell them who they were. The family I heard hired a private investigator that I have begged to talk to but haven't heard from anyone but his wife from day one. I look know Joe deserves the respect of knowing people do care and putting forth 110% from family friends and law enforcement.

So the officer didn't call and have the SUV checked for prints before he got in and drove it to the road? I would have thought that before he touched the keys or steering wheel, seat, etc. he would have been smart enough to call forensics in to shake it down before moving it.

Does he have any medical conditions that would possibly disorient him if symptoms came on? Diabetes, heart issues, etc.?

No they didn't dust for prints cause they filed it as abandoned vehicle at first. Then when they found out there was a missing person tied to vehicle the communication with abilene law enforcement came to a abrupt stop. No medical conditions that I knew of.

It is eerie how similar this case is to Brandon Lawson's... I wonder if there is a connection?

Hopefully we can get a few friends and family members verified so we can have the pressing questions answered. They are the "not fun" questions we all have to ask to see if there is a reason to lead one way or another.

1. Is there a possibility of marriage troubles/infidelity within their marriage? Anyone who would have a reason to follow Joe and bring him harm?

2. Any custody issues between bio/step parents (if applicable since kids were mentioned)?

3. Any known drug use by Joe or his close friends/family?

4. Any known conflicts between Joe and another person? Work related, personal, family?

5. Any known issues of depression/hopelessness/financial difficulties?

These questions are not necessarily easy to answer, but may lead us in some sort of direction. Of course...it could be this was a complete random act by some perp, but eliminating more "common" factors helps move things along quickly.

Sending prayers to the family and friends - just know we here will offer any resources we have and are more than willing to help you find your loved one.

I don't think so. I have some important questions for police that could help narrow the search but no one wants to help me help them only the police that found his vehicle can help and their not doing that. I don't understand why.

It is eerie how similar this case is to Brandon Lawson's... I wonder if there is a connection?

I was thinking the same thing! I have followed the Brandon Lawson case too, but I really think he was involved in a drug deal myself. JMO tho.

I was thinking the same thing! I have followed the Brandon Lawson case too, but I really think he was involved in a drug deal myself. JMO tho.
I am on a strong lead now. Keep y'all posted.

It sounds like the car was blocked by some thick weeds or brush. Since the officer was able to drive it back to the road, it doesn't appear that there was a problem with the vehicle. And I don't think Joe would leave it running. I think someone else was driving the car.

Hi John
We were told by the Abilene trooper (Smith) that his car was found 30-40 miles south of Abilene on HWY 277. Also he said he went off the road at a very slow speed. It looked as if the car had hit a couple of trees but the trooper could guarantee that Joe was not hurt. We were not told that Joe had gone back to Seymour. But the first thing his mom said is that she wanted the bullrider checked out.............supposedly Joe had told her that they didn't like each other. Do you know anything about this guy? Did he tell you he was going to get a motel in or around the airport and pick you up on Sunday? Do you know why he would go back to Seymour? Thank you for all you are doing. Its so hard to be in CA and this in Texas. We are having a hard time getting info out of Smith also! Hopefully when Joe's brother and wife go there they can get some help and info! WE NEED TO FIND HIM!!!

I think you're right! The trooper told his mother that it appeared the car had hit a couple of trees but the vehicle went off the road at a very slow speed and guaranteed whoever was driving was not hurt and there was no blood found!

Here is a shot of the south side of 277 about 10 miles south of Abilene. You can see that either dirt or brush would stop a car from going very far from the road.

Screen Shot 2015-07-21 at 3.18.16 PM.png

I can't find the type of car he was driving. I thought it was a 2007 Expedition. Is that correct? Can police tell family how many gallons were left in the tank?

Hi John
We were told by the Abilene trooper (Smith) that his car was found 30-40 miles south of Abilene on HWY 277. Also he said he went off the road at a very slow speed. It looked as if the car had hit a couple of trees but the trooper could guarantee that Joe was not hurt. We were not told that Joe had gone back to Seymour. But the first thing his mom said is that she wanted the bullrider checked out.............supposedly Joe had told her that they didn't like each other. Do you know anything about this guy? Did he tell you he was going to get a motel in or around the airport and pick you up on Sunday? Do you know why he would go back to Seymour? Thank you for all you are doing. Its so hard to be in CA and this in Texas. We are having a hard time getting info out of Smith also! Hopefully when Joe's brother and wife go there they can get some help and info! WE NEED TO FIND HIM!!!

I know of the bull rider Joe told all about that situation. He was going to stay at hotel around airport cause it was late when we got there but when I got out of the truck at airport he said he would probably head back to Seymour cause he had stuff he wanted to do. The officer Smith guy won't even talk to me so I deal with the Seymour police department because their trying everything to find him. Joe was not driving the truck I know that by now. If he was he would have been at work Monday or called me back Monday morning when I was trying to find out why he didn't show up for work. Trust me I know we need to find him.

1997 Ford expedition white color

Thanks. That particular vehicle has a 28-gallon tank and likely burns a gallon per hour when idling. I wonder how many gallons were left and if there are records of the last time he filled it. I assume that he used a card to pay...

Here is an MSM article with a picture of him without sunglasses.

http://www.newschannel6now.com/story/29591238/officials-searching-for-missing-man

8360182_G.jpg

Thanks. That particular vehicle has a 28-gallon tank and likely burns a gallon per hour when idling. I wonder how many gallons were left and if there are records of the last time he filled it. I assume that he used a card to pay...

Joe always used cash no card. I don't know where he would have filled it after he dropped me off at airport. I filled it in Seymour before we left and topped it off at she'll right outside airport.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaEvans52
Back