Found Deceased TX - Joseph Garcia, 42, Baylor County, 2 July 2015

Janet please check this out! I think this is vey important! He could have gotten disorientated!

Trooper smith told his mom 30-40 miles but John said 10 so that's probably right! If mr smith would call back maybe we could get some more info....we were told they were searching the area last Friday but like I said his family will be in Texas on Thursday and they will find out what has or hasn't been done!

We thought that's maybe what happened too Sharon but I'm still thinking he wasn't even in that car when it was left there.. Like someone stole it or hijacked it.

Just type in people searching people on Facebook and it will come right up! I'm doing this on my phone and not sure how to cut and paste on here sorry!

Just type in people searching people on Facebook and it will come right up! I'm doing this on my phone and not sure how to cut and paste on here sorry!

Found it. I would recommend creating an individual Find Joseph page on FB that can be focused on him. Otherwise it gets a bit lost in the updates to the People Searching People Page. I'd then post that page to every nearby news stations page, county group or business pages I could find. Someone has to know or saw something.

Found it. I would recommend creating an individual Find Joseph page on FB that can be focused on him. Otherwise it gets a bit lost in the updates to the People Searching People Page. I'd then post that page to every nearby news stations page, county group or business pages I could find. Someone has to know or saw something.

Ok that sounds like a good idea! We are in California but we can still do that!

There is a FB page called finding Joseph Garcia!

Yes to this. He should have his own dedicated page that can be sharesdwith family, friends, co-workers, neighbors , etc. - and ask them to share on their page . This dedicated page can be used to post fliers, updates etc.

I am not local so I would like to know more about that road. Is it a very busy area ? I am thinking that on a holiday weekend - someone had to have been passing by that may remember something . Maybe they wont realize it until prompted by news articles or TV coverage. Are there cameras near where he left (residential cameras, business or traffic cameras)? This footage may at least show who was in the car initially and /or along the way.

Who has the phone now - LE? If he had any phone apps that used location /GPS such as maps, excercise, Facebook - those can be checked to see if they stored location history?
Example - was he a Facebook user? If so under settings /Location - it keeps a History unless the feature is deactivated.

I would assume local hospitals were contacted but worth double checking . I doubt an ambulance would have taken him as that would require someone calling it in and I think they would have brought along his wallet for ID if it was visible .

I really think we need to retrace steps and the route going back to his starting point.
We're any tolls required ? Did he have a toll pass device /account that can be checked for previous location history?

Yes to this. He should have his own dedicated page that can be sharesdwith family, friends, co-workers, neighbors , etc. - and ask them to share on their page . This dedicated page can be used to post fliers, updates etc.

I am not local so I would like to know more about that road. Is it a very busy area ? I am thinking that on a holiday weekend - someone had to have been passing by that may remember something . Maybe they wont realize it until prompted by news articles or TV coverage. Are there cameras near where he left (residential cameras, business or traffic cameras)? This footage may at least show who was in the car initially and /or along the way.

Who has the phone now - LE? If he had any phone apps that used location /GPS such as maps, excercise, Facebook - those can be checked to see if they stored location history?
Example - was he a Facebook user? If so under settings /Location - it keeps a History unless the feature is deactivated.

I believe the Abilene troopers still have his phone..and I believe 277 is a us highway which I would think it would be well traveled. Someone had to see something. I will make a page for Joe tomorrow and let people know when it's up. Just wish the authorities were more helpful!! It's very frustrating.

Just curious...do you know who called in the "abandoned vehicle"? Was it just an anonymous passer-by? I would also see if there is surveillance footage of him at any of these gas stations he stopped at. Did he actually go INTO the store or did he just get gas?

The reason I asked about a medical condition several pages back was to determine if there was a possibility of anything making him disoriented. Does he take any medications that if taken improperly could make him excessively drowsy? Allergy meds (which I very rarely have to take) make me extremely tired. If I was driving for a long period of time there is no way I could function while taking them.

Do we know yet if his bank account has been checked for activity? I have to assume that since his wallet and cell were apparently left in the vehicle that it wasn't a robbery situation - but maybe they only took out what they wanted (cash/cards) and left the rest of the wallet.

I'm not getting a car jacking situation vibe from this - the SUV was left on the side of the road, as well as his wallet and cell phone. If you're car jacking a vehicle you take the vehicle with you (whether you have the driver with you or not)...and likely take anything of value if you're robbing someone.

I am getting more of a health concern vibe from what we know so far...hopefully people can get out on foot and search the area. Are there any big drop offs/cliffs that could be a hazard to someone who would be walking for help and possibly disoriented?

Someone had to have seen him that weekend. Neighbors, convenience store clerks, someone! At least his neighbors should know if they saw his car at his home.

My mom did say he was sad wanted to come home to California and see his children.

Just pulling this quote forward for more clarification - did he express what he was "sad" about? Was it just that he missed his family and wanted to come home, or was there ANYTHING else that he mentioned was bothering him?

Has he lost anyone close to him recently?

One more question I hate to ask, but feel it may be applicable - does he carry any kind of weapon on him or in the vehicle for his own protection? Is it possible the vehicle WAS car jacked and he tried to get a weapon from the glove box or out of a holster and some sort of struggle ensued?

Did anyone seek medical assistance for an injury at a hospital that weekend that was unexplained or suspicious?

If someone did try to rob/car jack his vehicle and there was a weapon in the car (or on Joe) it's possible there was an altercation and this person sustained injuries before leaving the vehicle - possibly Joe was also injured and went for help?

Just tossing out any scenario I can think of that explains the vehicle being left running. To me, the vehicle left running indicates a quick exit or attempt to flee the scene in a hurry.

The area the SUV was found wouldn't likely be a place Joe would pull over to sleep if he found himself disoriented or exhausted and not able to focus on the road, correct?

To me if the car was still running then is it possible he was the passenger and when the car slowed down he jumped out and the person driving stopped and jumped out to chase him?

To me if the car was still running then is it possible he was the passenger and when the car slowed down he jumped out and the person driving stopped and jumped out to chase him?

Makes sense to me as well - but then, what did the person want? They didn't take the vehicle, or the wallet. Which would lead me to believe that it was PERSONAL. However, there doesn't seem to be any indication that Joe had anyone that had a beef with him. Other than the mention of the "bull rider" back a few pages...which I am not sure that was ever clarified.

Did this person have a big enough issue with Joe that he would have followed him and physically harm him? Maybe we need more info on this person and what their dispute was?

Makes sense to me as well - but then, what did the person want? They didn't take the vehicle, or the wallet. Which would lead me to believe that it was PERSONAL. However, there doesn't seem to be any indication that Joe had anyone that had a beef with him. Other than the mention of the "bull rider" back a few pages...which I am not sure that was ever clarified.

Did this person have a big enough issue with Joe that he would have followed him and physically harm him? Maybe we need more info on this person and what their dispute was?

Well Lets see
My guess is his work.
Airports!
airplanes.

Red Flags to me!

A friend of mine has a brother who used to drink a lot. One night, he was driving his buddy's truck out in the countryside. His buddy was passed out. It was an older truck. The passenger door popped open somehow, and the guy ran over his buddy and killed him. He was so drunk that he didn't even know it happened. Maybe someone Joe knew was driving the truck, and maybe something happened to Joe that caused the other person to run and hide.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror
Back