GUILTY TX - Mollie Olgin, 19, killed, GF injured in Portland assault, 23 June 2012

Just watched the dateline episode. Are there any updates to this hair?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you know which episode it was? Wonder if I could find it on YouTube.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

I saw this case on 'Dateline' on Friday, June 30th, 2017.

When Kristine Chapa testified, she told jurors "that as she was walking to her car, a man with a mask armed with a gun approached her and Olgin and made them follow him. She says the gunman forced her to duct tape Mollie, then herself, and that's when Chapa says she was raped. After that Chapa says her and Olgin were forced to stand up, and then they were both shot in the head."

If the gunman spoke to the victims during the attack, shouldn't Kristine recognize the sound of his voice?

In a video Strickland allegedly confesses to shooting the couple because they "disrespected his wife." According to the video interrogation, Strickland quotes, "They came into Chili's (where his wife worked), said something to Laura to piss her off. They didn't tip her so I followed them out, I heard them say they were going to the park, so I followed them and shot them."

If Strickland followed the girls from the restaurant to the park that would mean the mask, gloves, gun, duct tape, and ammunition were in his car.

Even though Strickland said he shot the girls because they disrespected his wife, he pleaded 'not guilty'.

San Antonio defense lawyer Cynthia Hujar Orr said mistakes were made during the trial including the denial of a taped interview of an alternative suspect and failure to have him subpoenaed.

http://www.kztv10.com/story/3316310...eveals-alleged-confession-in-strickland-trial

http://www.kztv10.com/story/33179935/surviving-victim-testifies-in-strickland-trial

http://www.caller.com/story/news/2016/10/28/san-patricio-prosecutor/92893094/

May 2018:

David Strickland's attorney: Impending DNA testing will clear him of Portland Park murder
His lawyer, Cynthia Orr told the Caller-Times that the type of DNA testing technology that will soon be conducted on a piece of pubic hair found on Chapa was not available at the time of Strickland's trial.

"When we're done with it, we will also have a description that will let us help the police look at who else was around there that matches this description..." Orr said. "So one, it's going to give us scientific evidence it wasn't David Strickland and scientific evidence and a description of who it really was."

Dateline will be doing a follow up to this case on Friday.

From what I have read investigators found a public hair on the surviving victim that did not match her, her girlfriend or David Strickland.

Not only that but the prosecutor was suspended on September 1st, yet he was still able to secure a conviction.

He should have never been able to prosecute. Jmo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ateav