TX - Trial of Robert Durst in the murder of Morris Black

Originally posted by Marthatex
And Andrea Yates sits in prison on the border of psychosis; she needs to be in a mental hospital. I guess maybe Andrea should have been a millionaire?
Isn't that a disgrace? Andrea Yates is probably the one person I can think of who was truly "not guilty by reason of temporary insanity." I will never understand jurors.

Originally posted by Puppymom
I just posted under Crimes in the News, or something similar. I live in Houston so this is a huge deal here every single day since jury selection began. Everyone is just shocked that he was found not guilty. They are immediately, according to the news, bringing other charges, but who cares! In the end he killed a 71 year old man, mean and ugly or not, he's dead and this guy walked out of the courthouse this morning FREE!. I'm ashamed to say it happened here.

Well, he's still locked up. They're holding him on other charges. Hopefully, one or two of them will stick

Originally posted by Wudge
Two extremely wealthy Texans have now scurried free in Texas from murder raps where the prosecutors seemed to have a very solid case. Cullen Davis did it twice and now Robert Durst.

I am not going to comment on the Durst verdict, because I do not know what all of the evidence presented at trial was. But if I was on the Cullen Davis jury, I would have thrown the key away on that creep for sure.

And, for the record, I never would have convicted Darlie Routier (not rich).

I live in the same town as Darlie Routier did, and I absolutely would have convicted her of murder, but I do think her husband was involved. The national media showed her in a much better light than local media.

As for Durst, he has to be mentally ill; he almost looks scared that he wasn't convicted. For the first time, I am concerned that no cause of death will hurt the prosecution, although there is the fact that Laci ended up in the Bay somehow. Honestly, if Scott had have known this, he could have said they went for a ride in the new boat, and she fell overboard, and maybe gotten away with it.

If you got money, you walk in this country - no matter what you've done. Oh yes, there are a few exceptions - like Michael Skakel, but they're not often.

UNBELIEVABLE..... maybe there is $till hope that they will find evidence again$t him on his fir$t wife and bring charge$ again$t him for that.... hmm, for $ome rea$on whenever I type an "$" it comes out as a dollar $sign.... too weird!

Sometimes it seems the only way one can be convicted of murder, is when the victim testifies.

JMHO
fran
:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Puppymom
I'm ashamed to say it happened here.
I know how you feel. I live in Florida, home of the hanging chad :D If I ever want to murder someone, I'll drag them to Houston first ;)

It is getting way too easy to get away with murder...as forensics get better...proof is actually becoming more of an issue than it used to be. In other words....blood on your clothes...back then guilty...today...DNA first and then reams of testimony about it before you can convince a flippin' jury..(OJ)
I still think even a dummy will convict Scott...of course some people have NO common sense

Originally posted by fran
Sometimes it seems the only way one can be convicted of murder, is when the victim testifies.

JMHO
fran
:rolleyes:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Good one Fran! But you may be right!

It's interesting that the police found a 9mm handgun in Durst's car when they arrested him in PA. His friend in California, Ms. Berman, was shot in the head with a 9mm. Maybe forensics can prove it was Durst's gun.

Anyway, I'm stunned with the jury's verdict. Wonder how all the players involved in this case will feel if this whacko kills someone else in a year or two.

I heard one of the dopey jurors say,"Well lets put it this way,I wouldn't want him to take my daughter to the prom". Couldn't they have gotten him for something else. I think chopping up a body is sorta serious! It is my understanding that the jurors were not given a lesser option to consider ,therefore if there was any reasonable doubt they had to aquit. Scott is probably jumping up in down with glee at this news.

Outrageous. Dick Deguerrin (sp?) is just about the best criminal defense attorney in the nation. I think it's funny that Durst wanted to fire him right before the trial cause he was balking at the bill. I think the dispute was over about 200k that Deguerrin wanted extra.

Bet he won't mind paying the full bill now.

Unfortunately, this just goes to prove my theory that the majority of American citizens are hopeless morons who refuse to think for themselves. Very easily influenced by soundbites and empty rhetoric. Sounds harsh, doesn't it? It's not fun to feel this way, but I do. Saw a bumper sticker a few weeks ago that summed it up well--"If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention."

I am so in shock that I don't even know what to do with myself :fuming: I just can't believe that Durst was found not guilty! I mean, come on! He's suspected of killing his wife years ago, and when the investigation heats up, he hides out in Texas dressed as a mute woman. Then, low and behold, he kills again, but this time dismembering the body and dumping it doesn't hide it well enough. What are the chances of someone being suspected of murder twice in their life? And, not even one juror thinks this is a little out of the ordinary to even get a hung jury. Wait until the jury members find out that he's suspected of a lot more than two murders! :dontknow:

I think people mostly have gone beyond outrage and so refuse to listen....(per the bumper sticker). That's why people don"t vote...they've given up...and think it's hopeless...too bad...

Bring back the Sixties!!!!!!:bigthumb:

Originally posted by kato
As I live in Houston (about 45 min. from Galveston) I too was very shocked when I heard the news because we are usually very strict when it comes to murders. My jaw dropped like his. LOL He had the right counsel. He's the one I'd hire if I got into criminal mischief. I'm sure Jeanne Pirro the DA in New York will keep delving into the disappearance of his 1st wife, Kathy, 20 years ago. That's what started this whole thing. Also, his best friend, (supposedly) Susan Berman's murder in Los Angeles a few years back.
Thanks for posting these details. This guy is dangerous and has killed more than one person! This is absolutely unreal. I guess members of the jury live far away from the man that they just acquitted. Can you imagine this guy living next door to you??:eek:

one of the jurors told cbs radio that there wasn't enough evidence to convict!!!! Holy Mackeral!

This is terribly unnerving!!!!
If they can't prove premediation in Scott's case, he can say it was an accident, he panicked, and dumped the bodies.
I think they DO have proof of premeditation, however!!!!

The High Cost of Illiteracy....

"I dint even know they could try someone without the head.."
duh..
I couldn"t think about what I thought...I had to go with what we had...

what does he think caused him to think what he thought???

AAARRRGGGGHHHHHH IDIOTS....Professional jurors...no more juror picking to assure they are peopled by idiots!!!!
AAAARRGGGGHHHH

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB
Back