TX - Trial of Robert Durst in the murder of Morris Black

Originally posted by Rum Tum Tugger

I am flabbergasted!!

Robert Durst has been found
"NOT Guilty" of 1st degree murder.

The disappearance and very probable murder of Durst's 1st wife will most likely never bring charges against this psychopath.

What a huge mistake the district attys office made in going for broke. 1st degree murder - period. No lesser included charges available for the jury to consider.

Too much important info that the jury was never allowed to hear or consider.

In addition ..Jury instructions, IMO .. are so predudicial toward finding the defendant "not guilty" that they have a tendency to tie the hands of the jury.

Another "monied" but very dangerous defendant walks to freedom ... but hey - that's our justice & jury system at work.

Today's verdict is very disappointing!

Rummy

The members of the jury must be all brain dead. How on earth could they believe that Durst killed the guy with his own gun, then chopped his body up the head was never found, and then find him not guilty, especially considering that he ran away from suspicions that he had murdered his wife!

UNFRICKINBELIEVABLE!

Originally posted by Puppymom
I just posted under Crimes in the News, or something similar. I live in Houston so this is a huge deal here every single day since jury selection began. Everyone is just shocked that he was found not guilty. They are immediately, according to the news, bringing other charges, but who cares! In the end he killed a 71 year old man, mean and ugly or not, he's dead and this guy walked out of the courthouse this morning FREE!. I'm ashamed to say it happened here.

From all accounts they tried the victim.

Possibly..but I am tending to lean towards plain ignorance as the reason the more I hear these jurors speak...

Charges are still pending on the bail jumping issue.

I too am surprised that he was found not guilty.

me too. Usually Texas is tough on that kind of stuff. I was shocked. I seen a brief interview last night on CNN with his defense attorney and the alternate juror. She said she would have found him guilty. That she thought he was guilty and didn't believe anything he said. I'm guessing she was the only one who thought it since they did let him go. To bad she wasn't one of the 12 jurors.

Smells:

You are so right about the head comment. What a ditz!.

It has been reported that Durst will not be tried for dismemberment as it is a misdemeanor but he willed be tried for the jumping bail charge.

Has also been reported that he will be looking to buy a house in Galveston. I live about 45 minutes away and sorry who would want to buy a house in Galveston? I've lived in Houston all my life and sorry but Galveston is ugly. Brown sticky sand and brown murky water. I don't even go there anymore. With his millions he sure could find a prettier coastal town to settle in. LOL

On the View today, Joy Behar said of the Durst verdict that
Johnny Cockroach would say

"Without the head...;
The case is dead !" :D :D

Stupid people rule in a democracy !!!:dontknow:

I think it's the prosecutors who should be blamed. They're the ones who refused to give the jury the option of voting on anything less than premeditated. I also heard they can't now go back and charge him with mutilating the body etc because it's related to the original charge.

Dan Abrams interviewed a few tonight...And his final comments were on the case...They ADMITTED they thought he was a liar and yet they STILL let him walk...
What Abrams said was they sounded like a bunch of lawyers dissecting the case..AND they left their common sense at the door....
I agree with him except from listening to these folks they were not a very bright group either..(ANd that's being kind!)

Not very bright is putting it mildly. The jurors have got to be among the stupidest people on the face of the earth. I am still in shock over the verdict--and furious. :fuming:

Yeah, I'm trying not to think about it cuz I get so mad I want to call them up and tell them to #$$%$..
Maybe jurors should have to spend a few days each alone with the defendant after their verdicts...I listen to these people and it is really scary how they don"t even realize they totally overlooked the obvious...

Originally posted by smellsarat
If that jury can let that guy go...what the hell is going on....we have to count on 12 morons to convict Scott...I swear we need professional juries....this is too much :nono: :dontknow:

It is totally unbelievable that Durst was found Not Guilty. The Jury obviously do not understand what 'reasonable doubt' means. That was unreasonable doubt.
The jurors need to be tested to see what sort of comprehension skills they have.
And for plain old commonsense.

Originally posted by kk's mom
I couldn't believe it! Go on to courttv.com and look at his face as the verdict is read. He's even speechless. Very scarey that they are letting this guy back out onto the streets.

He is wanted for jumping bail though in regards to his wife's murder. Maybe he won't be out for long. But God knows what he can do during that time.

:dontknow:

I sincerely hope that he is arrested for his wifes murder. Even his own brother stated that he is guilty and that he will kill again.

Saw the same problem with the OJ jury...and these lawyers who "hand-picked "their juries know what to do...Go for totally stupid people...Like Dan Abrams said..if this continues there will be a lot of murderers walking around...Did you see where his family is scared to death and said
"he will kill again" Why not he's got three under his belt...The skies the limit....Time for Vigilantiism!!:(

Originally posted by civilatty
Outrageous. Dick Deguerrin (sp?) is just about the best criminal defense attorney in the nation. I think it's funny that Durst wanted to fire him right before the trial cause he was balking at the bill. I think the dispute was over about 200k that Deguerrin wanted extra.

Bet he won't mind paying the full bill now.

Unfortunately, this just goes to prove my theory that the majority of American citizens are hopeless morons who refuse to think for themselves. Very easily influenced by soundbites and empty rhetoric. Sounds harsh, doesn't it? It's not fun to feel this way, but I do. Saw a bumper sticker a few weeks ago that summed it up well--"If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention."

Did you notice the expression on Dick DeGeurin's face? He did not look really pleased to have won either.

Because he knows he has to justify helping free a murdering slimeball..just one more scurrilous lawyer to ruin this once great country....I really fear lawyers and this warped system have irreparably damaged the future of this country.

Originally posted by civilatty
Outrageous. Dick Deguerrin (sp?) is just about the best criminal defense attorney in the nation. I think it's funny that Durst wanted to fire him right before the trial cause he was balking at the bill. I think the dispute was over about 200k that Deguerrin wanted extra.

Bet he won't mind paying the full bill now.

Unfortunately, this just goes to prove my theory that the majority of American citizens are hopeless morons who refuse to think for themselves. Very easily influenced by soundbites and empty rhetoric. Sounds harsh, doesn't it? It's not fun to feel this way, but I do. Saw a bumper sticker a few weeks ago that summed it up well--"If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention."

Sadly this is the generation with the short attention span. Thanks to Sesame Street.

Originally posted by smellsarat
The High Cost of Illiteracy....

"I dint even know they could try someone without the head.."
duh..
I couldn"t think about what I thought...I had to go with what we had...

what does he think caused him to think what he thought???

AAARRRGGGGHHHHHH IDIOTS....Professional jurors...no more juror picking to assure they are peopled by idiots!!!!
AAAARRGGGGHHHH

Yes that comment was totally unreal. Some of those jurors must be below normal in IQ.

For once I agree with former VP Gore who gave a speech today saying TV has lulled everyone into complacency...Although I think part of it is ...people feel helpless and want to escape that feeling so they anesthetize with tv...
These jurors were more comatose than the Schiavo woman..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back