TX - Trial of Robert Durst in the murder of Morris Black

His bond was just set at one Billion dollars - yes, Billion with a "B." He's being held in Galveston, Texas, on the charges of fleeing after posting bond on his murder charge.

I know that the prosecutors went for all or nothing, that's how he ended up getting off. But, I still have to lay some blame on the jurors for this. How could not even one of them think that this wasn't self-defense, which is basically what finding him not-guilty means. I heard one juror say this wasn't about whether or not he was guilty. Well, what is it about then?

On 48 Hrs right now tonight they're discussing the current trial he had in Texas. They'll also go into Kathleen Durst's unsolved 'disappearance' and the murder of Susan Berman.

Tonight: Mystery Of Robert Durst

March 17, 2004
Robert Durst Mystery

(CBS) Defense psychiatrist Dr. Milton Altschuler and close friends Emily and Stewart Altman speak out for the first time regarding their patient and friend, New York real estate heir Robert Durst, who was acquitted of murder last fall in Galveston, Texas.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/03/15/48hours/main606443.shtml

I seriously think this man is crazy and is guilty as sin! It just boggles my mind how he continues to get away with all this stuff.

d

They talked about the things that made him suspicious in the other cases, like Kathleen's/Kathy's and Susan's cases. They didn't mention anything about Karen Mitchell, as far as I can remember. Some of Kathy Durst's friends and family members spoke, pretty much saying the same thing that we've read about in the past. Her brother spoke, whom I had never seen before or read about in any articles. He spoke of an incident where Kathy and Robert were at their paren'ts house (meaning Kathy's parents) and she wasn't ready to leave or something but he just grabbed her and pulled her off the couch by her hair. There were other abusive kind of incidents like this and the brother said something to the effect of "I wish we would have done something then" (well, duh :( ).

Overall, imo, he is just one sick fork and it was a major injustice what happened recently with him getting off on this last case. One more sick murderer back on the streets. Too bad it happened in Texas. I think there would have been a different outcome if it had happened somewhere else. Also, based on what just happened where he cut up this last man so nonchalantly, I really think that is what he did to Kathleen and that it's quite possible she will never be found (or at least not completely). :mad:

2sisters said:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/10/15/fugitive.heir.ap/index.html

Here is a follow up to the story. It fails to mention that he is suspected in his wife's dissapearance. I wonder how people like him sleep at night?

On their feather beds with their 300 thread count egyptian cotton sheets... I dont think its fair! Just like that Prig-whatever guy whose verdict came down yesterday...If it had been the other way around and Prig was the one who died...do you think Colono would have only gotten 6-8 years? Heck NO - IMO

Robert Durst is in the Harris County jail after breaking his parole by leaving Harris County and going to Galveston. He's not supposed to go there. A neighbor to the place where he killed the man saw him just standing outside staring at the duplex. By the time the cops got there he was gone already but another person had seen him also.

kato said:
A neighbor to the place where he killed the man saw him just standing outside staring at the duplex.

That's just bizarre. I don't think I'd want to see that place again in my lifetime, if I were him....

Glad they got him!!!

Don't know if this in the right forum but it's not really a crime so that's why I didn't put it in the Crimes in the News forum. I just read in our local paper, the Houston Chronicle has cut all remaining ties with his family and received a $65 million dollar settlment. Man! The FREAK!

They are probably glad to be rid of him. Talk about bringing down the family name.

Jules said:
They are probably glad to be rid of him. Talk about bringing down the family name.

I know I've read that they are scared of him.

kato said:
I know I've read that they are scared of him.

With good reason - the man scares the crap outta me too! His cheese has definitely slid off his cracker.....

Jules said:
With good reason - the man scares the crap outta me too! His cheese has definitely slid off his cracker.....

I wonder what part of town he'll be living in once he gets outta jail. Maybe I'll just have to hunt him down. LOL

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat
Back