Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course I can't find it now, but in the last few days there was a court exhibit photo released of WM laying on his bed - he's actually blurred out, but the rest of the pic is very clear. In that pic, to his left, is a dresser with a bowl at the very end. I'm guessing this is the bowl of whatever snack it was speculated that he prepared for himself. I'm also guessing the autopsy results will reveal what that snack was, and how long between eating it and passing away.
bbm
Although blurred out, I don't see WM laying like is said (arms).

To search a home in Canada, police need a warrant. To get a search warrant, they need to convince a judge they have reasonable grounds to believe a particular crime has been committed. To prove reasonable grounds they need to compile known, established facts that are specifically evidence of a crime. Conducting a search purely on the basis of suspicions is a violation of Section 8 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, and would probably not stand up in court even if some evidence were found.

Section 8 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms - Wikipedia

Though an illegal gun and a dead body is not a reasonable reason for a search warrant? I'll need to look for if the search warrant was issued in the first days of Sherman's deaths.

Well the coroner in this case claims to have actually retired two years prior but he "helped out" as an "investigating" coroner when asked. His name still shows up online quite often in regards to consultation work on other cases. Are coroners being hired on a contract basis now?

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
He technically retired in 2010, Evans says, but he still helped out as an investigating coroner on cases when needed in the city on a case by case basis. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 3m3 minutes ago
Evans says he got a phone call from dispatch on the evening of Nov. 29, sometime after 8 p.m. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
"I picked up my bag and I went to the address given," Evans says. It was Millard's home. #Millard

I feel fairly confident saying that like with many jobs in health care that are ultimately funded by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care that when a coroner retires or leaves a position for another reason, there's a pretty reasonable chance that they're not actively recruiting a replacement. This is a routine strategy to find efficiencies in global operating budgets. Also not unusual is to find someone who is trying to retire or has retired but ends up "helping out" when the remaining staff within the department take vacation, are off due to illness or other reasons or they are short people to be on call. Sad reality of health care in the province that unless you work within the confines of the system, you're unlikely to know. And god help us if Doug Ford becomes premier because it's going to get a whole lot worse.

I really like what the Mob Reporter puts together but I have to turn down the sound...these videos often make me cry. I love architecture and I think about how sad it is that a house like that was used for such horrible things. In his interview, DM clearly quips with pride that he was responsible for the "interior design" of the basement...going for a club look. I think the detective was asking about the purpose of the spare rooms (when he corrected her and said there was only one bedroom in the basement) I think with the potential thought that maybe some prostitution may be happening. Just a thought.[/
Why could not police search properly the house after finding the (illegal) gun and drugs on a base of illegal activities? Though, they seemed tried to open the safe. Have they succeed afterwards?

If the police data-bank was better, they could traced that DM was connected to a missing person. A police visit to a hangar probably would have closed the deal for a full scale investigation.

Why has the coroner rushed to conclude the suicide? Save the town monies and get own paycheck asap?
I think they took the easiest way and that was to take the word of DM and MB that he was a likely candidate for suicide and accepted it.
I am sure now they have learned since finding out he murdered two others that they made a mistake.
DM, as we saw in the trial of Laura, can act, he acted out being a lawyer. We see in the video how carefully scripted the responses he gave were. I am sure he practiced it out many times before he did kill his father.
Sadly the police were duped by him and I hope they will now do things differently.
IF he told them he was the Ex Dir. of Millardair and the house was in an upscale area , they made assumptions that yes things might look suspicious but sided more that DM was not guilty of anything. It was a big mistake. Just like they did with Laura and did not bother to follow up on DM being the last person she made calls to.
These are very big mistakes because it allowed DM to continue to go on killing.

I'm confused about the fingerprints on the gun. It's been said that DMs prints were found on the grip, but were WMs found there also, or was it just DMs? As careless as DM has shown to be, it seems strange that he didn't at least wipe the gun and put his father's prints on it.

Little wine bottles....they make them in Canada too. The LCBO carries them. They are like 1/3 maybe of a wine bottle?

Illegal guns.....I was the victim of a violent assault. The assailant was my ex bf, he was caught with many guns. One being prohibited. This gun though was stolen from my step father, who had it given to him from his Grandfather. It was his grandfathers German rueger from the war. The police just questioned where it came from and confiscated it. They don't do a whole lot more about illegal guns, unless a criminal act is committed with one or it is found because of one. At one time, it was legal. My ex was charged for having it, but my step dad was not even looked at twice over it.

There is no doubt in my mind the TPS screwed this up huge. Like a poster said about LBs last 8 phone calls. Even if they had of looked into that and found nothing, his name would have been familiar to them after that, and this death would have looked suspicious from the get go.

The pictures I posted were taken in May 2013 about 6 months after WM's death during the Tim Bosma investigation. So the bags you are seeing would not be the one in WM's bedroom. Unless it was just left there with the blood on it and all and DM just threw it somewhere else with the rest of the junk? :eek:

Now I've got to go have a look!

MOO

ETA: Wow, that IS creepy that DM had the same kind of bag beside his own bed 6 months later. Too bad there weren't any pictures of WM's room shown at that time. I'd be curious to know what he did with the room after WM's death.

The fact that DM still had Lulu Lemon bags in his house says three things to me. 1. he's oblivious to them because his surroundings are a mess which speaks to his lack of respect for the money it actually costs to buy the things he surrounds himself with. 2. that he is aware of the bags, may continue to shop there, or doesn't get rid of them because he is a psychopath and their presence doesn't impact him emotionally as he doesn't experience emotions as a non-psychopath does. 3. he keeps them or continues to accrue them as trophies.

I remember during Tim's trial there was some discussion about some degree of work going on at Maple Gate being done by the same fellow who was working on Riverside. Villeda? I can't help but think that some of the piles of stuff we're seeing are items from WM's room that were going to be discarded. There's that one section off the hallway that was filled....

I doubt that his conclusion had any affect on when he would receive his paycheque, or that saving the town money was a priority. Rather, I suspect that the police and the coroner were hoodwinked by the assurances made by DM that WM was a drinker and prone to depression. Psychopathic murderers can tell tales that are very manipulative and persuasive. Perhaps if DM had not been present, the case might have been investigated more thoroughly.

As I responded to Kamille also, overall there are just not enough coroners in the province to do the work. When positions open up by either retirement or a leave or some variety they would not be typically filled. This is a very common practice in health care in Ontario (which is funded by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care). That's why you'll see health care professionals, including coroners and other physicians who are often retired or are trying to retire filling in out of kindness to help with the workload. Like any resource that is rationed, be it in health care or otherwise, it will be more judiciously used.

Last edited:
I'm confused about the fingerprints on the gun. It's been said that DMs prints were found on the grip, but were WMs found there also, or was it just DMs? As careless as DM has shown to be, it seems strange that he didn't at least wipe the gun and put his father's prints on it.

I believe what we heard was that DM's DNA was found on the gun but no usable fingerprints.

Little wine bottles....they make them in Canada too. The LCBO carries them. They are like 1/3 maybe of a wine bottle?

Illegal guns.....I was the victim of a violent assault. The assailant was my ex bf, he was caught with many guns. One being prohibited. This gun though was stolen from my step father, who had it given to him from his Grandfather. It was his grandfathers German rueger from the war. The police just questioned where it came from and confiscated it. They don't do a whole lot more about illegal guns, unless a criminal act is committed with one or it is found because of one. At one time, it was legal. My ex was charged for having it, but my step dad was not even looked at twice over it.

There is no doubt in my mind the TPS screwed this up huge. Like a poster said about LBs last 8 phone calls. Even if they had of looked into that and found nothing, his name would have been familiar to them after that, and this death would have looked suspicious from the get go.
His name would be known to them you are right. Then if they got the call about the father they could look up DM s name and some info would have been there. It might have helped them take a more careful look at death of father.
Can only hope that they have changed things and do it better. DM s name definitely came to the police attention but they had disregarded it.

I've found this tweet from AC confirming there were no usable prints but I'm still looking for something I thought I read that they did ultimately find DM's DNA on the gun. I'll keep looking.
Evans says he was told police would take the gun to try to get fingerprints from it, but there were no usable prints on it. He says he didn't get any information about DNA on the gun. #Millard

In June of 2013, Evans was still classifying this death as a suicide. He says that's because the injury started at Millard's left eye and the trajectory of the bullet had gone across the midline of the brain ... #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 53s53 seconds ago
... and into the right side of the brain, which was consistent with the entry through the left eye. There was also evidence of soot on the pillow, and some on Millard's hands, he says. #Millard

Velma, Monday at 12:01 PMReport
#588LikeReply

Here is the article that states DMs DNA was found on the gun. This information was stated during the pre-trials.

“Soon after Dellen Millard's arrest, police reopened the case of his father's death. They still had the gun that was found beside his bed, court has heard. They tested the gun and found Dellen Millard's DNA on the handle, court documents show. Last year, a gun trafficker pleaded guilty to selling Dellen Millard the revolver.”

Convicted killer Dellen Millard to stand trial in death of father

Here is the article that states DMs DNA was found on the gun. This information was stated during the pre-trials.

“Soon after Dellen Millard's arrest, police reopened the case of his father's death. They still had the gun that was found beside his bed, court has heard. They tested the gun and found Dellen Millard's DNA on the handle, court documents show. Last year, a gun trafficker pleaded guilty to selling Dellen Millard the revolver.”

So with this tidbit....EXPLAIN that DM!!!! You didn’t think there were any guns in the house but yet YOUR DNA was found on dads “suicide” weapon. Hummmm

Annnnd

DM also stated that he did NOT touch anything in the bedroom where he found his dad. So try arguing that Mr. Pillay right outta the liars yup!! <—— from the police interview.

Last edited:
Thanks for the clarification.

Still looking for something admitted into evidence but can't find anything. Looking like maybe it was only reported in MSM as evidence that was presented at the prelim.

Last edited:

Great. Thanks for posting. I had gone again back through the thread and couldn't find any statements entered into evidence identifying DM's DNA on the gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500