Winter Storm Jonas - Jan. 2016

Careful with all of the shoveling if you have to do it manually. Moving snow is hard work. Keep an eye on sig others!

Pay a teen to do it - you will be giving him spending money, helping the economy and maybe saving your own life.

Pay a teen to do it - you will be giving him spending money, helping the economy and maybe saving your own life.

Yes ! I always say that. So true.

But the shoveling we do is in the back garden for my 10" high poodle baby....

It has been snowing 24 hours all around Fredericksburg, VA . We have over a foot. I measured it at 13 inches in a no drift area . I have not seen a plow so the roads this morning had vanished into the scenery. Two trucks have went down my street all day ,with one ending up stuck just past my house, the other a lifted 4 wheel down owned by a 26 year old child is doing laps around the neighborhood. For no reason what so ever.

I just want to know how long it is going to snow? It is coming down pretty good with not a sign of letting up . Also I hate when these things happen on a weekend. I like when they happen on Mondays!

Trying to post a pic for the first time ever here......the view of 18 plus inches seen while (trying) to look out a window....

Attachments

• IMG_20160123_120331.jpg
    IMG_20160123_120331.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 89
You did good hope..........my first time for pics as well..:happydance:

Ok, trying to post a pic for the first time. From 6 this morning. Fairfax, va. uploadfromtaptalk1453581027695.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Western Suffolk, Long Island...we have approx. 15" and were just told we are at half way! It is beautiful and peaceful (and made my boys shovel! Yay).

Wine. Cheese. And more wine! Woohoo!

True white out now. I can barely see the other big apartment building across the small parking lot. Wish I had a camera. We have about 17", maybe more.

Stay safe and warm everyone in the east!!! :snowball:

My DH's car, lol....

Attachments

• IMG_20160123_163644.jpg
    IMG_20160123_163644.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 91
We lost power this morning at 5am, got it back about 2 hours ago. We have about a foot or more, still coming down.

We live along the coast so prayers tonight for no flooding during high tide and full moon!

We lost power this morning at 5am, got it back about 2 hours ago. We have about a foot or more, still coming down.

We live along the coast so prayers tonight for no flooding during high tide and full moon!

Whoa!! Losing power in this is the worst scenario. :( Glad yours is back on, but sounds like a long time without. Hope you have a fireplace or a generator or some source of heat.

Here's every hopeful thought and prayer for no floods tonight...

Thanks for all the pictures, peeps. Hope everyone keeps their power and the coastal flooding in Jersey does not affect anyone's home. Stay warm!

Wonder if there will be a East Coast baby boom in Appox. Sept.2016.

We're at 20" and still coming down.
Travel ban to be lifted at 7 am.

Ok, I've had enough. LOL.

We're at 20" and still coming down.
Travel ban to be lifted at 7 am.

Ok, I've had enough. LOL.

I'm not sure if Websleuths will allow you to change your name to momoffiveboys in September !

:floorlaugh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back