Winter Storm Jonas - Jan. 2016

And don't forget the meatloaf and mashed potatoes! I'm going to check out that Chile Verde recipe.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea of putting marshmallows on baked beans. There was a photo with the recipe, too, like somebody had actually made it. :facepalm:

Yah, I was just working my way back to your post with that recipe idea.:gasp:

Didn't want to offend you if that......concoction :yow: actually sounded good to you.:thinking:

JMO, but...:scared::scared: YUCK!

Just moved my kid into his new apartment in the east village. NYC and Queens are a big mess. Many streets unplowed. Sidwalks unshoveled. Horrible! But, Oh it was a pleasure to be alone on the roads!

And yeah...I'm headed to Grand Cayman in 48 hours! Yay!

Yay, enjoy your trip ! :happydance:

Wanted to add.....go to Hell,....mail a postcard..... Rum point for the jerked chicken.....and that fabulous restaurant that looks like a lighthouse. Yum.

Loved Grand Cayman on a cruise stop one year. We rented jet skis to Stingray City and a snorkel stop by Rum Point.

From what I've been hearing on QVC, lol, we got about 30" of snow. There's nothing but snow and buried cars around here, except for the snow mountains built by the plows.

This AM, about 5, I see flashing red lights on the street in front of my apartment. Of course I poked my head out. Well, it wasn't Santa, it was 2 fire trucks, 2 emergency vehicles, 1 police car, and a couple of late volunteers. They are just parked there with the road blocked and lights flashing, but no fire. Then what do I see? Two firemen get out of the truck with snow shovels and they walk up the road a bit. "Odd," says I, "is someone buried under those drifts?"

The next thing that happens is along comes a truck with a plow and turns into a side road. He makes a fast swipe up one side and a faster swipe down the other, then one of the trucks turns in. After that I couldn't see much, but the rest moved elsewhere shortly thereafter. I hope no one was in an emergency situation.

I pray everyone is dry, warm, sheltered and has a full belly.
I am in Aiken, SC and the snow started falling Friday night, and well in to Saturday, a few hours later there was nary a sign it had snowed except for the shaded places.

We don't get much winter weather and are prepared for a blizzard. Actually, the snow we had was a blizzard for us. lol :snowball:

821f6306-996a-430f-87da-993280cde757_zps8yc5mgqo.jpga65eb661-4fd6-4314-b167-bbe04808b04f_zpsyk6itwjy.jpg
We always take a pic of our cars when it snows, it's kind of a southern tradition. This is after 2 hours of snowfall. :snowflake:

Tomorrow I guess I'll finish shoveling my way to the garbage can........

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonleblanc061975@gmail.
Back