HCPD contacts Florida LE about skeletal remains that were found

Status
Not open for further replies.
Semantics - I've read at least five different reports now with no less than three descriptions, 'young girl', 'little girl', 'young child'....with the exception of 'child' by legal definition, Heather WAS all the adjectives used to describe what this man has been 'quoted' as having been 'told' by 'an officer'.

I'm hesitant to believe this is Heather; in some ways I hope I am wrong, in others I hope I am right. Either way, it's up to someone with a whole lot of initials following their name and a PhD or two hanging on the wall to determine for certain and of course we'll have to wait for that, and of course, we'll speculate in the meantime. I think it's within the realm of possibility but I don't think getting stuck on one word provided by an industry notorious for not always scoring 100/A on daily tests should consume too much of anyone's thoughts in solely ruling the possibility/probability in or out.

I pray for the family of this victim and hope the discovery brings someone peace.

I think if at first glance, the person thought they had found a child (if that is who said it) the remains probably are that of a child, especially with a least two missing from nearby. But with the Florida connection, LE has to check. JMO

Where the M's live, would they take their trash to a landfill? Or would it be picked up? Somehow I can see TM doing exactly that...i.e using a basic trash bag...and adding to her current bags of trash...JMO

I remember reading a while ago that a lot of MB residents take their trash to a dump/landfill. I also remember when I was on vacation there in 2012 that my companion and I were almost late to the airport for our departing flight because we were searching high and low for the landfill/dump we were supposed to take our trash to at the end of our stay (not a hotel; a friend's vacation home).

For some reason I feel like it could be. There was so much happening in the case today and then for the need to throw it out there about the remains discovered today. Coincidence?
I was sad today too being a local I'm reminded of her a lot, I had to drive by the "pay phone" going to SAMs club and went to Rack room shoes at Broadway at the beach...seeing the TK restaurant makes me feel uneasy....it just gets sadder every day that she's not found...

Honestly, I hope it is her. But I doubt it. LE made it clear they were tailing them on the trip to FL. How could they have missed a dumping of a body at an intersection if that was the case?

I agree. We need our mappers! Unfortunately, I am not good at mapping but am a visual person and feel it would be helpful to gain insight on the area where these remains were found.

wm

Hope this ok...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 184
SBM

I hereby nominate this statement found in the article for quote of the week:

"Anytime anyone ends up anywhere in a bag, it's suspicious." (Sheriff Johnson)

. Ya think?
C b m

:floorlaugh: thanks for the needed mood uplift!

For some reason I feel like it could be. There was so much happening in the case today and then for the need to throw it out there about the remains discovered today. Coincidence?
I was sad today too being a local I'm reminded of her a lot, I had to drive by the "pay phone" going to SAMs club and went to Rack room shoes at Broadway at the beach...seeing the TK restaurant makes me feel uneasy....it just gets sadder every day that she's not found...

:seeya: I appreciate your post. It does get sadder each day she's not found.
She's been gone for z3 months. :(

i
Honestly, I hope it is her. But I doubt it. LE made it clear they were tailing them on the trip to FL. How could they have missed a dumping of a body at an intersection if that was the case?

I wonder if they could really tail them night and day...seems like they said they made LE in other jurisdictions of aware of them to watch them, etc...but I can't see a 24/7 watch on them...too expensive IMO.

The M's took their trip sometime in January, yes? Like the 2nd week of Jan or so? That means they would have HE's remains in their possession from Dec 18th to Jan (whatever day they went on their vacation). Sorry, but I just don't see that as being plausible unless they had a freezer and stashed H.E. in there until they left for the trip. And even then... with 3 kids along?

Too much time if January is when they went on this trip. Had it been within a day or 2 of HE's disappearance then I'd think it could be possible. Human remains decompose and without being in a very cold area, they would decompose in a predictable manner that would mean they would not want to be hanging out with a corpse beyond a few days.

Dump info = mid thread #15

Search for: Horry County Recycling Center

We discussed this for a bit back then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't Heather's roommate visiting family in FL? The roommate she called right before she went missing? I wonder if the M's knew that info and dumped her body in Florida.

How does LE communicate state to state when bodies are found anyway? Seemed Horry County was contacted or in contact with FL very quickly about this.

Someone asked how far the distance from Deland to the "lot in question" they were purchasing - and it's approximately 43 miles by car from Deland to the Clermont area. IMO of course.

I too think the dates do not make much sense unless one or the other of the M's took off alone sometime shortly after Dec. 18 for a day or two, and made a quick trip south. I can't see keeping Heather's body at the house for three weeks, or moving it from someplace to Florida. But anything is possible.

I too think the dates do not make much sense unless one or the other of the M's took off alone sometime shortly after Dec. 18 for a day or two, and made a quick trip south. I can't see keeping Heather's body at the house for three weeks, or moving it from someplace to Florida. But anything is possible.

Me neither. Unless, it was kept close by, but not at THEIR home ... Just saying.

Me neither. Unless, it was kept close by, but not at THEIR home ... Just saying.

Also by the time they went to Florida, they knew they were under suspicion.can't quite imagine loading a body up along with the luggage...I feel like they had hidden her and felt "in the clear" before the car was noticed and removed.

If they are on camera the night of the 17th/18th, then they are on cameras throughout town, in stores, and down to Florida every day since and until their arrest. Now finding that footage, and tracking their steps, is going to be like looking for a needle in a haystack. SM does handiwork, etc. right? It seems he might know what to do, and if he didn't have the tools or materials available, then places like Home Depot have good camera security.

They have a garage & shed(s) on their property. One looked to have electricity in it but don't know. Very messy wayback yard for sure.

Just throwing that out there.

SBM

I hereby nominate this statement found in the article for quote of the week:

"Anytime anyone ends up anywhere in a bag, it's suspicious." (Sheriff Johnson)

Ya think?
Something we all can agree on, finally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads