The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 1st July - Trial Day 13, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 30s

Fuller is asking Gerard about a blog he wrote about Allison's 40th birthday #badenclay

:yesss:

Let's see if he can worm his way out of the blog entry he wrote.

cant recollect , doesn't want to answer what a d#%k sinking slowly into the quicksand

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 7s

Fuller is reading the blog aloud about Gerard taking over wife duties while Allison away. #badenclay

:loveyou::takeabow:

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 27s

Gerard says Allison had put on weight and had low self esteem. He didn't want to pressure her. "It sounds pathetic," he says. #badenclay

Fuller asks Gerard if he remembers what happened on Allison's 40th birthday in 2008. #badenclay

Fuller: Did you write about it? You wrote a blog at times? Asks about November, 2008 entry. #badenclay

GOLD here comes the BLOG :)

:dance: :dance: :dance:

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
Fuller reads out the blog. Gerard laughs, says 'honestly', defence asks to raise a matter and jury told to leave #badenclay

What the???!!!!!!

Isnt it convenient he can remember where he was when Kieren perkins won gold but cannot remember some of the other potentially important things he said to Allison or his mistress

It is but we all said that would happen

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 44s

The Crown had just begun asking about Allison's 40th birthday ... But court is now adjourned until 2:30pm #badenclay

2.40pm: Baden-Clay agreed he sold the Lexus and bought a Holden Captiva to save money as a result of financial challenges they were facing.

He agreed his family loaned him money, he loaned money from the bank and owed money to friends. Baden-Clay agreed he had to make a decision on who he would pay.

“Everybody else,” he said when asked who he was paying interest to, other than his family, friends and Westpac bank.

The accused agreed he was paying out money for the purchase of the rent roll.

“It wasn’t our main source of income but it was a significant source of income,” he said.

Baden-Clay agreed property sales were up and down and he could not guarantee where the income would come from, as he would with the rent roll.

He agreed he wanted control of the business back.

Baden-Clay agreed his friends loaned him $270,000 but loosened the reins when his wife stepped on board.

He agreed his wife asked him to make a choice when she found out about the affair with Toni McHugh in September, 2011.

Baden-Clay agreed his wife came to the workplace as a general manager, restricted his meetings at night and he had to seek her permission before he went out.

“She clearly thought what had happened between yourself and Toni McHugh was over,” Mr Fuller said.

Baden-Clay said that was correct.

He said he went to see Ms McHugh at Christmas time out of a sense of responsibility to her.

He agreed he had lost some of his freedom.

“In some ways, that was a relief for me,” Baden-Clay said.

Mr Fuller said the accused had previously had the best of both worlds: a family man with a wife at home and a lover at night.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-allison-in-2012/story-fnihsrf2-1226972945594

Baden-Clay said he did not think Ms McHugh was vulnerable when he first counselled her through relationship problems in 2008.

“There were a number of my staff with relationship issues… ,” he said.

He agreed he visited Ms McHugh at Bellbowrie for sex and at her unit at Toowong.

Baden-Clay agreed he told his wife he took Ms McHugh to the movies and to dinner, as well as attended functions together.

Mr Fuller: “You kept your working life separate from your home life didn’t you? Up until Allison became part of the business?”

He said he responded to Ms McHugh’s love for him by agreeing to leave his wife for her.

“The only time there was ever mentioned was this throw out of the first of July,” he said.

Baden-Clay said he did not remember talking to Ms McHugh about the type of car they would buy, as she had three sons.

Mr Fuller asked him if he planned to be a sort of “Brady bunch”.

The jury was shown an email from Ms McHugh to the Bruce Overland account, in which she wrote of looking for rental properties and moving in together.

“She was constantly trying to put additional pressure on me, that’s correct,” he said of Ms McHugh.

He agreed she wanted him to leave his life.

“She said in this very chair and told you that she didn’t believe me when I made that commitment because we’d had those conversations before and I had consistently demonstrated my lack of willingness to leave my wife Allison,” Baden-Clay said.

He said he told his wife he loved Ms McHugh.

The jury was shown Allison Baden-Clay’s journal page in which she wrote down questions for her husband on April 18, 2012.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-allison-in-2012/story-fnihsrf2-1226972945594

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 2m
#badenclay jury back at 2.30pm. @abcnews

Baden-Clay said he was reluctant to talk about the affair, but that did not mean he had not spoken about it at all.

“I was having the conversations with Allison,” he said.

He agreed Ms McHugh had come to see him at his home in Brookfield on two occasions, while his family was away on the Gold Coast.

Baden-Clay said he had told his wife about that.

“When she asked me about it previously,” he said.

He said his wife had no issue with sleeping at the house knowing that Ms McHugh had been there, but did not want to use the Prado where they had sex.

He said he could not remember when he first told his wife he did not love her.

“The conversations that we had were, I’m, please forgive me, I’m just trying to recollect for you… I’m trying to see if I can think if I can give a reference in time, I think it must have been in 2009 perhaps when we first went to see Tom George and we had a few conversations around then,” he said.

He agreed he thought that was around June, 2009.

“We agreed to go together and it was after conversations with Dr George that we had further discussions with Allison that I still loved her but didn’t feel `in love’ with her,” he said.

He agreed he may have told Ms McHugh he didn’t love his wife, but just to “placate her”.

Baden-Clay said he could not remember telling Ms McHugh he wanted to leave his wife but wasn’t ready yet in December, 2011.

“I was trying to bring her back from the upset she had felt,” he said.

He agreed the way to make her feel better was by telling her he loved her.

The accused agreed he told Ms McHugh he would be hers “unconditionally” at the meeting.

“It was a bit of a joke in relation to a real estate contract being unconditional and I think Toni raised that,” he said.

Do you think they're going to complain that he wasn't under oath when he wrote that, therefore it needs to be discounted?

He wasn't under oath when he wrote the emails, shouldn't make a difference.

Is this the same blog entry about being Mr Mum, or a different one?

Yes -
"@KateKyriacou: Defence indicated they wanted to raise an issue and the judge sent the jury away for lunch. #badenclay"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes