GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The red car witness spoke to police on June 30th the same day Erin's car was found then hours later in the early morning of July 1st the approvals came. I wonder if the red car witness was the reason they were able to get those after 10pm? Or, was finding her car reason enough?

I have an awful feeling that the 2 witnesses (the Beasleys) statements didn't become a part of the investigation until yesterday. It seems the investigation was unaware of this critical information. It's baffling, that their statement wasn't followed up on, IMHO, but that's how it appears.

Why would she lock her car if she just planned to sit and chat? Seems the witness saw her lock her car. If that's the case and they were planning to leave, why would they sit there in the heat? The witness left, and came back to find them gone. I wonder how long after he passed that she moved her car and they drove off. I guess I don't understand sitting there for more than a minute if they were going to leave. Did they not see the witness go by? If I had a plan to make someone disappear, I think passing cars would make me nervous. When the witness came back by, did HE think the car was in a different spot, or was it his sister who said it was moved?

Why would she lock her car if she just planned to sit and chat? Seems the witness saw her lock her car. If that's the case and they were planning to leave, why would they sit there in the heat? The witness left, and came back to find them gone. I wonder how long after he passed that she moved her car and they drove off. I guess I don't understand sitting there for more than a minute if they were going to leave. Did they not see the witness go by? If I had a plan to make someone disappear, I think passing cars would make me nervous. When the witness came back by, did HE think the car was in a different spot, or was it his sister who said it was moved?

Imo, there did not have to be a plan, other than to meet. This feels more like an argument turned physical, a kind of a panic thing to me, but Jmo.

That's a good point! If this really was a meet up with someone, I'm assuming they would already have a destination in mind and would leave ASAP. Maybe she did something else that he misinterpreted as locking the door???

I lock my car doors when I am standing near it pumping gas.

I just looked that up and I guess I did?! No idea what that meant before I googled though lol

Beautiful!

Something just dawned on me. I remember JC saying that EC was going to scout out places to take photos at JTP as she had gotten a new camera. Also, the red car witness said Erin had something in her hand, maybe a purse, but nothing big like an overnight bag. Maybe it was her camera she was carrying.

I had similar thoughts last night. When I heard she was carrying something, I figured it was her new camera. She may have wanted to show the person her nifty, new camera. Now, if she managed to get that camera back into her vehicle, then it may contain a lot of photos from the morning. In fact, she might have multiple SD cards and may have left one in her car. So it would definitely still be there. Those photos will have digital info on them, and that will tell police when the photos were taken and possibly where they were taken. That may be one reason they have been searching for her at Joshua Tree National Park.

Could someone paraphrase for me? I can't see the video.
TIA.

The ranch owner is with Erin's horse Cassy, who Erin worked with and ended up adopting at the ranch. Cassy is an 8 year old quarter horse mare that was in a neglect situation and Erin nursed her back and is now able to ride her in their bareback area. Erin's plans were to move the horse to the base and then back home eventually, but the base wouldn't let her bring the horse there.

The reporter asks what will happen if Erin does not come back. The ranch owner says after 30 days the horse is considered abandoned, but the she will keep the horse and try to find another home for her if Erin does not return for her.

She is petting the horse the entire time and at the end the horse starts to walk away and she says "I know Cassy" (inferring the horse is sad Erin is not there). Brought a tear to my eye. :(

It seems like Erin's husband might want to care for the horse. But he is probably preoccupied right now. So I hope they check with him before deciding that the horse needs a new owner. And I hope he is able to care for it. It is a link with his wife. Of course, I can't begin to imagine all of the emotions he must be going through right now.

The ranch owner is with Erin's horse Cassy, who Erin worked with and ended up adopting at the ranch. Cassy is an 8 year old quarter horse mare that was in a neglect situation and Erin nursed her back and is now able to ride her in their bareback area. Erin's plans were to move the horse to the base and then back home eventually, but the base wouldn't let her bring the horse there.

The reporter asks what will happen if Erin does not come back. The ranch owner says after 30 days the horse is considered abandoned, but the she will keep the horse and try to find another home for her if Erin does not return for her.

She is petting the horse the entire time and at the end the horse starts to walk away and she says "I know Cassy" (inferring the horse is sad Erin is not there). Brought a tear to my eye. :(

Thanks so much. I know it's not likely to happen, but I hope she is able to return for Cassy too.

Imo I think she met the guy in the red car but when they saw Michael Beasley looking at them she moved her car to maybe hide it. She got back in the red car and they left. I don't think they were sitting there in the heat for a long peroid of time. Even if they did sit there for 20 minutes the red car was new and probably had great ac.

Personally if I were going to dispose of a body the last place I would do it would be the one place she was supposed to be going to that day. Of course that's just my criminal mind working. I would have disposed of a body far, far from JTNP. Unless of course it was just an "in the spur of the moment" crime with no planning ahead involved and whomever was with her at the park at that time. I can't imagine that if she had car trouble or something along those lines and a random stranger picked her up and something horrible went down that they would dispose of her at the park. That would just be too coincidental. To me this obviously points to someone she knows and it was an act of passion or someone who knew she was supposed to be at that park that day trying to cover their tracks. Clear as mud? lol

Of course it's IMO

Speaking as someone who has boarded horses on military bases (it is VERY cheap compared to private stables). The price was about $40-50/month vs. $300-400 at a private stable. The difference being, in a military stable, you have to provide the daily care and feed for the horse yourself. It is not full service boarding. There is no reason why she would not be allowed to take the horse on 29 Palms; provided, it is has the required vaccinations and bloodwork as required by the stable. There are, however, often waiting lists for the base stables which can range from a month or two to many months, as they have a limited number of stalls. I can not see them outright refusing her.

Link to 29 Palms Stables info & requirememts: http://www.militarystables.com/twinpalms.html

This post is very tangential, but I know we are all starving for information, and it's something to pass the time. As for abandonment; it is not that simple. Seizing a horse due to abandonment/back board (boarder not paying their bill) requires quite a bit of paperwork, through the magistrate, so on and so forth. Not, oops, haven't seen $$ in a month, gonna seize your horse. NOPE. Especially, if the horse is registered, even more necessary paperwork (if you want that horse to be worth more than meat value). The exception to this would be if Erin acquired the horse through a true adoption contract, in which there may be explicit terms regarding when the horse should be returned to the rescue, if the new owner is unable to fulfill the obligation of care. That would make it rather more simple, but I believe still would be require magisterial involvement.

Security footage taken at the Marine base's three main gates was turned over to the sheriff's department, according to Marine Capt. Justin Smith.

It looked like business as usual Wednesday morning at the Condor Gate — the base's eastern entrance — as a steady flow of vehicles drove in and out.

Along Bagdad Highway — a stretch of dirt road about 2 miles from the Condor Gate that runs parallel to Ranch Road — is where Erin Corwin's car was found.

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news...issing-evidence-search-horse-rescue/12763519/

Hoping someone local can answer my question, we've discussed but I don't recall the answer. Would Erin's car have been visible to those going in/out of the Condor gate Monday morning?

Speaking as someone who has boarded horses on military bases (it is VERY cheap compared to private stables). The price was about $40-50/month vs. $300-400 at a private stable. The difference being, in a military stable, you have to provide the daily care and feed for the horse yourself. It is not full service boarding. There is no reason why she would not be allowed to take the horse on 29 Palms; provided, it is has the required vaccinations and bloodwork as required by the stable. There are, however, often waiting lists for the base stables which can range from a month or two to many months, as they have a limited number of stalls. I can not see them outright refusing her.

Link to 29 Palms Stables info & requirememts: http://www.militarystables.com/twinpalms.html

Watched it again to get the exact wording, the ranch owner says "the base would not give her the okay." Says Erin told her that in May. Also a bit on Erin's personality, says Erin was very good with the horse because she was a quiet person, which the horse apparently appreciates. :)

This is a rescue ranch, so their prices may be a lot less than private stables too, especially if Erin was volunteering there. Not sure.

Off to read the stable rules.... Thanks!!

Don't feel lost. Some posters were joking around about the word attribute used in a wedding vow. It is irrelevant. The Mods have also warned about the confusing #1 and #2 posts about possible lovers. In my opinion it has caused serious followers to be needlessly confused which has taken up way too much of all of our time. We want to find Erin not muddle through nonsense.
Thank you button was not enough.....I got so confused reading last night, I gave up!:tantrum:

Watched it again to get the exact wording, the ranch owner says "the base would not give her the okay." Says Erin told her that in May. Also a bit on Erin's personality, says Erin was very good with the horse because she was a quiet person, which the horse apparently appreciates. :)

This is a rescue ranch, so their prices may be a lot less than private stables too, especially if Erin was volunteering there. Not sure.

Off to read the stable rules.... Thanks!!

Replying to my own post. :)

The very top of the stables link says the facility is to be closed down within a year. Maybe that is the reason why???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PurplePoloBear