GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by 77DarkHorse7 Speaking of driving, I was listening to z1077 the other day and I heard that one of the local families had a tragedy happen to them many years ago, and that's why drunk driving is a hot topic in that area especially. Farr to many young kids are getting behind the wheel these days with alcohol, no seatbelts. They really should suspend more licenses, not that that'll help all that much. http://marion.patch.com/groups/polic...d-ale3cd2b3c53 Sad, really.

There is a serious problem with Corpsmen dying on the roads, and during base exercises out there. IIRC, the stats where higher than combat deaths. Not that all the Corpsmen were DUI. But usually the person. a civilian who caused the accident were DUI. And on base, because of what they do, the only place more dangerous is in a combat zone. USMC now conducts seminars to address this issue.

IIRC, One of the papers out there did an in-depth story about this.

I don't think he was driving down the road when he witnessed this. I think he was on his property - with binoculars. (That's a total guess). I know his sister mentioned driving by the car, but you couldn't see this exchange driving past, I wouldn't think. Maybe, though.

Wasn't he going to get balloons? For a b day or a party?
And didn't the sister say she had seen the. Car parked there before?

I think this guy got a good look at the guy a d identified someone. Jmo

Imo I think she met the guy in the red car but when they saw Michael Beasley looking at them she moved her car to maybe hide it. She got back in the red car and they left. I don't think they were sitting there in the heat for a long peroid of time. Even if they did sit there for 20 minutes the red car was new and probably had great ac.
I read on one of the links from Beasley that the man had his car window down.

I'm leaning that way too. With mines there is always a chance you will encounter someone on the trail or at the mine. It's so unlikely at this point that she will be found alive..but I'm holding on to that little percent because we've seen a few precious miracles!

I'm still thinking if you didn't know the area well, and you left from where the car is, and you wanted to leave a body, you would take Amboy road and dump between there and the 40, or even past there toward Vegas. I'd guess many marines have driven that way to Vegas and would know that area through Amboy is full of empty shacks, dumped cars, and vast desert. You wouldn't have to "know" the area.

I was under the impression that the military could only practice on their bases but I can't say that definitively. The base reaches almost to Amboy Rd so maybe that's what they meant, but I'm curious about what you found. Does anyone know for sure? Is there maybe even another "unofficial" way on/off the base on the east side from Amboy Rd? Can anyone shed light on this?

When looking through pictures of #0811 #29palms #stumps etc I have noticed a lot of activity with Amboy Rd. Do they "practice" artillery training outside anywhere off that road or is it inside their base? Does anyone know?

http://visit29.org/About-29-Palms-California.6.0.html

This gives a good overview of 29 Palms.

Twentynine Palms serves as a gateway community to the nearly 800,000-acre Joshua Tree National Park on the south and the 932-square-mile Marine Air Ground Task Force Training Command, Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center on the north, as well as the Mojave National Preserve, Amboy Crater, Route 66, and other desert destinations. With a variety of restaurants and lodging properties, from historic inns to modern hotels and RV facilities, the city offers ample accommodations for some of the 1.4 million annual visitors to the park and convenient lodging for contractors and families visiting the Marine base.

Among the city’s amenities are two community parks with playgrounds, picnic cabanas, ball fields, youth and adult sports programs, public swimming pool and skateboard park, plus three downtown plaza parks, two golf courses, a visitor center, a host of annual events, and cultural attractions including a museum, library, art galleries, murals and public art, a community theater, and one of America’s last drive-in movie theaters.

Twentynine Palms is proud of its dark night sky and premier stargazing locale. Currently under development is Sky's the Limit Observatory & Nature Center in Twentynine Palms, next to the entrance to Joshua Tree National Park, one of the best places in the world for stargazing.

Less than 5 miles from the park entrance and the main gate of the Marine base is the main business district of Twentynine Palms. Besides abundant lodging and dining, a variety of small businesses form the backbone of the local economy, with independent retail and service businesses supplemented by several national chains and corporate entities. More than 600 business licenses are issued in the city each year.

Public education is provided by the Morongo Basin Unified School District, with four elementary schools and three secondary schools in Twentynine Palms. Copper Mountain College in nearby Joshua Tree offers associate's degrees and nursing programs, and Chapman University, a private institution with its main campus in Orange County, has a campus located on the Marine base.

Health care is provided by the 29 Palms Naval Hospital aboard the Marine base, which treats active duty and retired military personnel, and the public hospital in Joshua Tree, which consists of Hi Desert Medical Center, a modern, 59 bed primary care hospital, and the Continuing Care Center, a 120 bed skilled nursing facility. Several family health clinics are available in Twentynine Palms, and Hi-Desert Memorial Health Care District operates diagnostic, treatment, and rehabilitation services, home health, Hospice, and other services in the area.

When looking through pictures of #0811 #29palms #stumps etc I have noticed a lot of activity with Amboy Rd. Do they "practice" artillery training outside anywhere off that road or is it inside their base? Does anyone know?

Amboy road heading to Amboy is desolate and it would be easy to drop a body without being noticed. It joins up with rte 66 and you can take that toward the 40. Jtnp seems it would be busier with early morning hikers and the mines would be too difficult to find for a marine not from the area. Anyone could dump put between 29 and Vegas without any knowledge of the area.

My husband just informed me the Marines do lots of training in that desert between 29 palms and amboy. He said they spend lots of time there in the middle of the desert. The National park shouldn't have mines I wouldn't think? Like I mentioned before we saw them searching off amboy road on the 10th. I think the media makes it seem like Jtnp but it's not exactly there they are searching.

Hi, Newbie and long time lurker. Don't have anything to add right now, but Robert Plant's song, "29 Palms" has been going through my head for days.

This is a great site!

What happens to a marine that gets a DUI?

Could be any of these or a combination of these: Official reprimand (letter of reprimand, NJP), extra duty, restriction to limits, forced to do rehab, forfeiture of pay, and reduction of grade.

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news...issing-evidence-search-horse-rescue/12763519/

Isabel Megli, CEO and founder of Yucca Valley's White Rock Horse Rescue, where Erin Corwin spent her days nursing a horse back to health, said Corwin kept to herself but had a "special way" with horses.

"She had already been an avid rider," Megli said. "She came here to volunteer and to find a horse - and she did."

Corwin adopted Cassy, an eight-year-old quarter horse, who immediately bonded with her, according to Megli. Corwin nursed the horse back to health and had planned to move her to Twentynine Palms.

Megli said Erin's husband came out a couple times.

"One time when they came out here they chased her for a half an hour," Megli said, laughing. "They worked together and caught her."

THIS is what I posted about in thread 1 or 2 when several thought it was not her hubby because his first name and rank was wrong. Might be worth a re read.

THIS is what I posted about in thread 1 or 2 when several thought it was not her hubby because his first name and rank was wrong. Might be worth a re read.

PMO = Military Police, for those who do not know. Food for thought.

My husband just informed me the Marines do lots of training in that desert between 29 palms and amboy. He said they spend lots of time there in the middle of the desert. The National park shouldn't have mines I wouldn't think? Like I mentioned before we saw them searching off amboy road on the 10th. I think the media makes it seem like Jtnp but it's not exactly there they are searching.

Yes, JTNP has mines and a lot of them...288 abandoned mines with 747 mine openings. LE has released statements of where they are searching. The majority has been in JT with other non-specified locations outside of JT. It seems like they are focusing their search (or at least the search area they have told us about) to the south/east of the base and the north/east of the JT. There are also a lot of mines in the mountains surrounding this area, too, outside of JT. It really seems like she could be anywhere out there, sadly.

But isn't that still on their base? It practically reaches to Amboy Rd and the 40. (And there are several mines in JTNP.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname