GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Map Link

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Silver+Valley+Rd+%26+Bon+View+Ave,+Newberry+Springs,+CA+92365/@34.8659491,-116.5723335,311m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x80c4f9bcbf91ac03:0x1f0674558df08dad

DATE/TIME: ​Wednesday, July 16, 2014 at 1742 hours

INCIDENT: ​Death Investigation, Human Skeletal Remains

LOCATION:​48000 Block Silver Valley Road, Newberry Springs CA

SUSPECT(S): ​N/A

VICTIM(S): ​Undetermined Doe

SUMMARY:
On Wednesday, July 16, 2014, at approximately 5:42 p.m. a deputy from the Barstow Sheriff’s Station was flagged down by a citizen who discovered human skeletal remains while driving in the open desert area northwest of the intersection of Silver Valley Road and Bon View Avenue in Newberry Springs.

https://local.nixle.com/alert/5235530/

When researching mines in relation to Erin's disappearance I came across the below article on April's disappearance (on the very same mine explorer site I keep linking to on here.) I had never heard of her disappearance before this. Thankful someone will get some closure with this find. Praying for peace for their families and loved ones, who ever he/she is out there.

http://www.undergroundexplorers.com/inland_empire_april_pitzer.pdf

It's the desert and it's been warm :/

Hmm. I think with so many people looking all over the desert, they are going to find quite a few things they aren't expecting. I grew up in Joshua Tree, worked on the Marine Corps base, have driven through Amboy.... it's VERY desolate. I'm sure there are plenty of bones and remains of many animals for one thing and probably of people too, unfortunately...

Why would she lock her car if she just planned to sit and chat? Seems the witness saw her lock her car. If that's the case and they were planning to leave, why would they sit there in the heat? The witness left, and came back to find them gone. I wonder how long after he passed that she moved her car and they drove off. I guess I don't understand sitting there for more than a minute if they were going to leave. Did they not see the witness go by? If I had a plan to make someone disappear, I think passing cars would make me nervous. When the witness came back by, did HE think the car was in a different spot, or was it his sister who said it was moved?
He said she locked her car door, she didn't have a remote to lock it??? Where I am, every car has a remote lock, especially new cars....and Erin's was new.

I would expect mummification in a desert environment. As desolate as JTNP is, this is one factor that might help the investigation, i.e. if she is found, the odds are good forensic evidence will survive. Of course, they have to find her... but they have time... think Egyptian Pharaohs. :giggle:

He said she locked her car door, she didn't have a remote to lock it??? Where I am, every car has a remote lock, especially new cars....and Erin's was new.

Maybe that's what he meant when he said she locked it...meaning she clicked her remote and he saw her do that, saw the headlights flash, etc.

Pushing the remote button (signaled by flashing lights or a "beep") is still locking her car door. He would probably have seen/heard that better than her physically pushing down the lock mechanism in her car before closing the door. I assume he was referring to her locking it with her remote. MOO.

Human skeletal remains found in Newberry Springs

San Bernardino County Sheriff Department spokeswoman Jodi Miller said it's unknown how long the remains have been there, but they could have been there for years. Homicide detectives came to the scene and began a death investigation.

Miller is unsure how long it could take to identify the remains.

"That's really something you can never put a time frame on, especially if the remains have been out there for a long period of time," Miller said.

http://www.desertdispatch.com/article/20140717/NEWS/140719965/1001/NEWS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member