GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain to me the following part? It is located on page 9 of 12 (which shows up as page 11 on my pdf for some reason). It's in the section where Jeep was processed for evidence. "No. 40 caliber firearm was located during any of the previous searches." Was it located or was there a typo in that sentence?

I wonder of these documents were intentionally leaked to put social pressure on these two, especially if they moved to Alaska already.

Can someone explain to me the following part? It is located on page 9 of 12 (which shows up as page 11 on my pdf for some reason). It's in the section where Jeep was processed for evidence. "No. 40 caliber firearm was located during any of the previous searches." Was it located or was there a typo in that sentence?

I took it to mean it has not been found, yet there are bullets for that type of gun

I believe they have not found the .40 caliber weapon. Please, anyone correct me if I am wrong

There sure are crimes of passion, but they aren't committed but people with absolutely NO history. Not all of us are susceptible to committing crimes of passion. That said, I understand that there may be JC history that we were unaware of.

I cannot think of a single case of spousal homicide when there weren't warning signs, and research tells us that there almost always are. Again, maybe there were some of these signs but we don't know about them yet.

I don't think being 21 makes someone too young to kill. I do think it, given what we have been told about the husband's prior behavior and character, that is makes someone too young too kill a wife he loved and then cover it up successfully. If it were an accident in the heat of passion, I would expect to see some sort of staged crime scene as he would want the remains to be found.

They did not find a .40 caliber firearm. I believe they found a .22 Rifle at the ranch and then the 10 .40 caliber fired casing but no .40 caliber firearm found anywhere.

He supposedly murdered Erin so his wife wouldn't find out he was having an affair with Erin, yet the wife not only knows about the murder, but lies to LE for him and is ticked he isn't a better liar. Yet brags that they will never find the body. So she was planning this nice bright future with a man who cheated on her, got another woman pregnant and who is a murderer. Lovely.

If all the statements are true, she seems like a narcissistic sociopath IMO. Thinks she is untouchable. Wouldn't doubt the "get rid of her" attitude, and he complied.

page 10 of document ( shows page 12 on pdf )

are they still detained or is the arrest for the potato gun all they could find to arrest CL on ?

" Lee and Nicole are being detained on the belief they were about to conceal and/or destroy evidence that may lead to the location where Erin is hidden. "

Shoot! I am still learning here and had meant to reply to someone else's post about crimes of passion, not paste my own quote. But take-home message is still the same :)

Ok, I remember way back at the beginning, reading that the detectives initially came to a POI's house on Sunday and he was not there. His wife spoke with the detectives (no idea what was said). Supposedly this POI showed up Monday "like nothing was wrong" after being gone during the same time frame Erin was missing. Knowing what we know now, CL had quite a bit of time to dispose of a body. Coupled with the wife's statement about "never finding the body" this does not bode well. Anyway, a case can be prosecuted without a body but it sure would be nice for Erin's family to know where she is.

I just noticed that the doc says Lee returned home 6/28 at 1600 hrs. However it also appears he was concerned that he didn't have a alibi for 6/29

are they still detained or is the arrest for the potato gun all they could find to arrest CL on ?

" Lee and Nicole are being detained on the belief they were about to conceal and/or destroy evidence that may lead to the location where Erin is hidden. "

I understood it to mean they were detained there while either a search warrant was being obtained and/or search was going on. From article in the Desert Sun, a friend said CL had returned to Alaska.

Of course, I could be wrong.

I'm still catching up on reading all the excellent posts, but I want to put this idea out here to see what you all think. Regarding the searches concentrated on JT, could the Mrs. have thought of her and CL stashing his cell phone at JT but killing and "stashing" Erin's body somewhere else? Then if checked, LE would see that CL's phone pinged at JT, even if he/they were really somewhere else?

Just guessing since this was dated the 4th it refers to that nice weekend hold. Maybe detained for questioning in her case and later turned lose to finish that move, or be nice enough to run off and make sure they hid the Erin's body or that firearm well enough.

Can only hope.

If this information is correct, I think that Beasley may suffer from red-green color confusion. My father has this condition. Red and green have a similar effect on the retinal cells and some people have a difficult time deciphering between the two colors because of this. Beasley may have seen the green Honda civic, but perceived it as red, and relayed that information. He might not even be aware of his condition. If he has it that is. Lee might have come back later in the Jeep and moved the car further back so as to hide the car from passing motorists.

If this information is correct, I think that Beasley may suffer from red-green color confusion. My father has this condition. Red and green have a similar effect on the retinal cells and some people have a difficult time deciphering between the two colors because of this. Beasley may have seen the green Honda civic, but perceived it as red, and relayed that information. He might not even be aware of his condition. If he has it that is. Lee might have come back later in the Jeep and moved the car further back so as to hide the car from passing motorists.

That makes sense but wouldn't you have to know that to get a driver's license?

I'm still catching up on reading all the excellent posts, but I want to put this idea out here to see what you all think. Regarding the searches concentrated on JT, could the Mrs. have thought of her and CL stashing his cell phone at JT but killing and "stashing" Erin's body somewhere else? Then if checked, LE would see that CL's phone pinged at JT, even if he/they were really somewhere else?
That would show pretty extensive forethought, which they would have then just blundered in the next few days by letting their intentions and opinion known so openly (to the horse rescue owner). Who knows! Still reeling a bit..

That makes sense but wouldn't you have to know that to get a driver's license?

No, my dad drives, or he did anyway. The position of the light also tells you what color it is as well. And what action to take.

I am pretty much convinced that when pregnant women are killed, child support is almost always a factor. Sometimes the amounts dictated can seem overwhelming and unfair, I imagine, or the men know some other man who got "stuck" paying hundreds of dollars a month for decades, etc...you can't tell me this much money does not come into a motive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
B_Hazey