GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it odd that there was never any mention on the horse rescue website about the missing Erin...she did volunteer/work there after all

They may have known what was coming for a while now...and he allegedly worked there too.

All I can say is...some people are stupid. Wouldn't you rather get divorced than murder someone? Poor Erin :(

Jmo, but it seems like there is enough to arrest this guy. Not sure how aggressive CA is in cases without locating the victim, but good grief...this seems like more than we have seen in some cases, Imo.

I wonder if they are holding off on charging them and trying to get one of them to give up information on where Erin might be for a lesser charge? But then again, they don't have a victim, they don't have any witnesses to what happened - they really just have a lot of circumstantial information that looks bad but really they have no proof.

RE CL's discharge date of July 7th..
Was the SOB just lucky that his discharge date was around the 4th of July and the police didn't obtain the search warrant until the 4th ? If I remember the process correctly, with a discharge date of July 7th. All the paperwork would of had to of been completed by July 3rd , due to the 4th of July holiday weekend , in order for his his discharge to become official at 12:01 a.m. on the 7th , correct ? IF the weapons arrest would of been July 2nd, could the military of placed him on legal hold ?

I'm also wondering if he had a few unused leave days and took terminal leave to get out earlier...like before the 28th? But the statement from the base didn't appear to account for that.

That could be. Or, someone connected could have gone to the car to get something. But, again, it doesn't explain the one set of footprints/tire tracks.
Or maybe CL's wife was out looking for him and was in the red car near Erins

Ya know it would be good if Mr B is correct about the car, that would give a window for LE to work with IF it was NL he saw and not EC.

I just don't see the car being moved with the way the footprints line up with the Jeep tracks, however if what he actually saw was NL on the passenger side opening door she might have been looking in the car for something or putting something in it and getting in unknown red car. dunno

Will have to go back and see what he said about it.

I'm still catching up on reading all the excellent posts, but I want to put this idea out here to see what you all think. Regarding the searches concentrated on JT, could the Mrs. have thought of her and CL stashing his cell phone at JT but killing and "stashing" Erin's body somewhere else? Then if checked, LE would see that CL's phone pinged at JT, even if he/they were really somewhere else?
I'm not sure they were smart enough to do that.

Wow....page 11! Nicole told Isabella that without a body the detectives did not have a case against them and the detectives would never find the body.

Why would Nichole tell her that? This wasn't an out of the blue conversation, IMO. Isabella obviously knew and like the Lee's; she let them use her truck to move, store their belongings and live on her property. Isabella also knew Erin, just wondering if she knew about the affair? I dunno, it's kind of hinky.

But the friend that told that he moved to Alaska is Megli who is the one that told the LE that NL told her they would never find a body. So I'm not sure how much faith you can put into what she told a reporter when asked as she never gave any details of what was in the probable cause document.
Isabella, the ranch owner.

After reading this, I suspect Nichole plays a part in Erin's disappearance. Thinking she was the one Beasley saw getting into the red car. Yowsa, still thinking about everything revealed today!!

:ditto:

A thought about the green civic and red car. Please correct me of I am wrong but the probable cause doc does not sate that the Lees own that car. It doesn't say who owns it, but to me it sounds like it may have been borrowed for moving or driving back and forth between base and the rescue. My thought was maybe it is owned by the rescue. Also, MB stated he saw a late model red compact sedan. The Honda is a 199- something.

I still don't have confirmation that it is okay to discuss the horse rescues FB page, but there is a photo of a late model dark red small Ford compact car pictured as parked at the horse rescue in a photo from the last two years or so. I don't think I am allowed to link it. After reading the doc, I would still not doubt the red car sighting. I still think the red car or any assc. search warrants have perhaps not been made public. IMO

It is quite apparent from the rescue FB page that the Lees were heavily involved wih the rescue and knew the owner well. I believe they were trusted members/ friends of Ms. Megli and the rescue. Perhaps they opened up a bit too much.

After reading this, I suspect Nichole plays a part in Erin's disappearance. Thinking she was the one Beasley saw getting into the red car. Yowsa, still thinking about everything revealed today!!

Me too if he saw a women it was not EC imo.

Upon seeing the
detectives were at the location, Lee quickly grabbed a black duffel bag item the vehicle and took it inside the
main residence at 788 Geronimo. When he came out Nicole ran up to Lee and began to talk to him. Detectives
witnessed. this behavior and believed they were concealing evidence and discussing further plans of action to
likely conceal or destroy evidence.

From p 11 from affidavit
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/1225468-1765-001.html

I am so curious to know what was in this black bag. I'm sure time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname