Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #8 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so. The walls of mobile homes might be thin (not sure) but I am sure the people who are residents in them have grown accustomed to noises like vehicles and such. If it were at a campground where people weren't used to thin walls of campers it might be different but a MHP it has to be par for the course. I doubt anyone was awoken by a vehicle starting.

Hmmm...I'm thinking of the cul de sac where I grew up. The only traffic was from residents. I could recognize cars by sounds - I didn't even need to look to know who was coming or going.

If Jenise's parents did go out Saturday after 10 pm, is it possible their 12 y/o would be left in charge? They wouldn't have to be out for a long time. IMO.

"...his back against the wall..." In more ways than one.

What the hay???? I read the article earlier but just now I'm getting the same. Subscribe??????

I was able to read it last night when it was posted.

This morning, it won't let me.

I was thinking about the and/or duffle bag statement.
The big problem is they called it an accessory... Is a wrestler's duffle bag or personalized t-shirt an accessory?

All posts are MOO

Hat? Shoes? Lucky smelly socks? Even a chain or bracelet?

I am most interested in Mom's response with the swab. Speaks volumes to me. Life with a Sociopath........I'll bet money her life was not pleasant with him. IMO.

Oh! Maybe he was a little tyrant who ran the house? Mom's at his beck and call? When he says he's not cooperating with family, schedules, home, parents or LE, he gets his way and that's just the way it is in that house? ** speculative**
He was the one driving HER van, eh?

for some reason I recall the word '''apparel""

Yeah, it was "apparel" and not "accessory." I knew when I added jewelry articles to my suggestions, a corner of my memory was saying jewelry would not fit, and that's why. Jewelry = accessory but not apparel really IMO.

So they are the same woods. One girl found at one end and the other at the opposite end. TYVM for your help. I am no good with Google maps.

Nope, they're not the same woods. I grew up in west Bremerton and while this is east Bremerton, I had friends that lived in the golf course area and friends that lived off Old Military Rd. I was out there a lot. Not the same woods at all.

i think he "picked" jenise because she was the only young girl that he had unfettered, unsupervised access to.
and while i do not lay the blame for this at the feet of the parents, it is impossible not to acknowledge,
that if she wasnt roaming around alone on a regular basis this probably does not happen.

Yet I do believe had it not been Jenise we would still be here. It would have been another child.

Hmmm...I'm thinking of the cul de sac where I grew up. The only traffic was from residents. I could recognize cars by sounds - I didn't even need to look to know who was coming or going.

Absolutely. But would it be something you would pay attention to? I know that I sure don't. We actually had a rash of break in's in our neighborhood just last night. My car window was broken. I didn't hear a word. Neither did any neighbors. We were all sound asleep. You would think someone would have heard over 4 cars having windows broken. Nope.

My heart has gone out to the Wright family since the very beginning but Mr. JW has had extraordinary bad luck with the phrasing of his words. From the spoiled brat comment to the forgiveness and then the mentoring and now the unfortunate used of "kills" and "dead" in the latest public comment. I think this is what the OP meant with her post. With so much vitriol against this family he really needs to use caution in his public terminology. I believe reuniting this family is crucial to all their healing processes.

I agree with the unfortunate wording but he is probably unable to process things like wording right now. I completely understand what he is saying though.

My gut says this was a chaotic household with lax rules bordering on neglect but with benign reasoning where the parents didn't have a clue that what they were doing could lead to such tragedy or even the removal of kids. They have learned a very expensive lesson in the harshest way possible.

They need to get their house in order but do it in the most difficult time of their lives, while in despair. How do you show the court you have it together when your every waking moment is the agony your daughter underwent and her death. It prostrates the best of parents. I am hoping they manage to show the court they are ready to have the kids returned with close monitoring by cps next court date. I do believe they need to be together and get the feeling of a happy family albeit chaotic. Now they should be together in grief and help each other. The kids need mom and dad as much as the reverse, trying to make sense of this.

I have followed a few cases where folks spoke out after a conviction. I suspect afraid to until they knew it was safe. Just sayin......

My thoughts exactly. After all, this guy could bail out and come back to the neighborhood (although I seriously doubt he will).

You may be right, but as a friend of the family's, GG had access to her anyway. Her family trusted him (that was a mistake more than the roaming, imo, but how could they have known??). I think the timing of this particular weekend is more telling than her free-roaming the neighborhood.

Exactly, he could have taken her anytime with his access. and it happens with the best and strictest parents, sleeping in a bedroom at night let alone ones who are lightly supervised. I am wondering if it was as simple as saying "i have a surprise for you, meet me at midnight" and she got out of the house. I believe she was seen in bed.

Am I the only one that cannot read this article? Folks are commenting on it but for me...just first few lines and then it says paid subscription required to read the rest.

TIA

I was able to read it last night.....maybe we have worn out the link

I do not understand bail being offered. I know I have read other cases where there was a"no bail". What is the difference here if anyone knows? TIA.

Oh! Maybe he was a little tyrant who ran the house? Mom's at his beck and call? When he says he's not cooperating with family, schedules, home, parents or LE, he gets his way and that's just the way it is in that house? ** speculative**
He was the one driving HER van, eh?

Agree. Think of the Anthony Family and how much Casey got away with. Not saying in this Family it was as extreme. Him being an athlete who by appearances did well in sports "may" have given him a tad more power in the home. Not saying all athletes are enabled by all Parents but we do see it from time to time.

Absolutely. But would it be something you would pay attention to? I know that I sure don't. We actually had a rash of break in's in our neighborhood just last night. My car window was broken. I didn't hear a word. Neither did any neighbors. We were all sound asleep. You would think someone would have heard over 4 cars having windows broken. Nope.

Sorry that happened to you. Some years ago, my sister's car was vandalized in our driveway through the night. Although bedroom windows were open, and quite near the parked car, no one heard a thing and it was only discovered when sis went to use her car. They had stolen her stereo. It is quite an unsettling feeling to know a thief was so close.

I agree with the unfortunate wording but he is probably unable to process things like wording right now. I completely understand what he is saying though.

My gut says this was a chaotic household with lax rules bordering on neglect but with benign reasoning where the parents didn't have a clue that what they were doing could lead to such tragedy or even the removal of kids. They have learned a very expensive lesson in the harshest way possible.

They need to get their house in order but do it in the most difficult time of their lives, while in despair. How do you show the court you have it together when your every waking moment is the agony your daughter underwent and her death. It prostrates the best of parents. I am hoping they manage to show the court they are ready to have the kids returned with close monitoring by cps next court date. I do believe they need to be together and get the feeling of a happy family albeit chaotic. Now they should be together in grief and help each other. The kids need mom and dad as much as the reverse, trying to make sense of this.

BBM This x 10 !~ You said it exactly right. There is the 'lock the kid outside while you turn tricks and smoke crack AND spend the grocery money on alcohol instead AND don't fed or bathe the kids because you're too busy buying new nails for your 14th date of this week ' neglect . But there is also the " im sure it'll be fine, nothing has ever happened before AND the kids know the area and who to trust ' kind . The latter is not as much neglect in my book as it is ignorance is bliss and naivety and hopefully optimistic . Sadly, in this case , it seems even if J was never allowed to wander the neighborhood alone,the outcome would be the same. The threat was inside her house at her dinner table and not ' out there' anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley