VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
My question to that is...why didn't they get the clothing on the first go-round?

It's quite possible that other video has been located that shows that he had changed clothing in those early morning hours. They would have gone back to get that in addition to what they might have originally known him to be wearing.

I think this is the best they can do right now without her person. I do believe they have forensic evidence, but not enough to prove murder. I am not thinking sex trafficking. jmo, moo.

Thank you. What multiple fights, poor impulse control and anger management issues? I haven't seen all that. Help me out.

There was an interview with someone he punched--dropped charges, but it was a road rage episode where he lost it. He apparently hurt someone "severely" (though I believe that is an exaggeration since no hospital visit ensued). Two examples there. Poor impulse control in racing off in his car with LE following him as well as that road rage punch.

Also his laundry list of tickets and poor care of his car, garnishments, trouble paying rent, not sitting with attorney to answer question s about a missing girl when he is told he's the last to have seen her.

However, all of those things I have seen in a lot of people his age and older even and they did not get themselves in this kind of trouble and I would hope would not refuse to cooperate when a person they were with disappeared--get counsel, yes, refuse to help an iotat, ummm, no. Also to deliberately speed off when knowing LE is following and that one is in trouble is very foolish, in someone else's car, no less. Really up until this happened, he was unfortunately not unusual, but this tips the scale. And if Hannah is found dead, he is murderer. ,most likely.

Ok. Forgive my less than delicate language that is about to follow, but here goes.

In my opinion, merely finding his DNA (semen) in his car would not be enough. I have more than one guy friend who likes to overshare and has told me that they have, at some point, engaged in a moment of self-indulgence (masturbation) in their automobile. If it's DNA evidence in the car that got the arrest warrant, it would have to be from Hannah. (In my opinion.)

(Apologies for the language, I should post like an adult.)

I respect that they may have something, but ugh...without anything more than "This is what he is wanted for" and looking at all LE has done already, that something could be anything unfortunately. I mean...what if they found sex toys in his apartment? That would lead them to believe he was interested in a sex crime. But have they linked that to Hannah? Dunno...for now.

You're correct we don't KNOW but do you really think they would be that reckless? It's not like this is some backwood redneck sheriff the FBI and tons of agencies are involved. And if you compare their behavior to typical LE behavior I feel like its been obvious that the had something with substance on the guy.

Bingo! You Beat me to it. And seriously, you all didn't see this coming? And This may have been said, already, but the charges will be updated as the case continues to progress.

I hate it. I really do, as another UVA grad I ...well...anyway...my heart is with you Hannah...

I'm with you, Dogkarma!

Your WS name brought me a small smile. My favorite graffiti in Boston was "my karma ran over my dogma." Welcome to Websleuths, Dogkarma. And thanks for the little lift.

New here, first post! According to a VA court of appeals case, Simms v. Commonwealth, the elements of the offense of abduction with intent to defile are separate and distinct from the elements of attempted rape. So...yeah. It's a different crime. Still trying to figure out *how* it's different, but thought I'd jump in and put that out there.

Interesting. Someone mentioned that they may have found date rape drugs. That could account for both charges if they think she was under the influence of drugs before getting into the car with him. Maybe they think he was delivering her to someone?

JVM / HLN gets it all wrong

JVM says his record is only 3 speeding tickets.

Willfully Clueless

Was he convicted of anything more serious? She was going on and on about how no record for JM last night too. Just wondering what else would be on his record if not found guilty

Ok. Forgive my less than delicate language that is about to follow, but here goes.

In my opinion, merely finding his DNA (spunk, spooge, ejaculate, semen, whatever you want to call it) in his car would not be enough. I have more than one guy friend who likes to overshare and has told me that they have, at some point, engaged in a moment of self-indulgence (masturbation, wanking, hanging out with Rosie Palm and her 5 finds) in their automobile. If it's DNA evidence in the car that got the arrest warrant, it would have to be from Hannah. (In my opinion.)

Agreed! I would hope they didn't charge him with these things just from having his own DNA in his car.

Sorry, a bit behind but I think the short answer is yes. If he had his arm around her and was "forcing" her to walk with him when she was trying to go a different direction, that would be considered abduction.
Thanks for your reply. Thats what i thought, but doesnt that mean they could upgrade his charges without finding anything in his car or house? It just seems like the upgraded charges dont necessarily mean they found something new.

Perhaps there was something in his cell records related to his intent.

Totally agree. He may have texted a friend with his plans.

Can someone explain what a "rape kit" is?

A kit of items used to subdue/rape someone. Google "Ted Bundy murder kit" and you'll see what I mean; rope, duct tape, mask, tire iron, knife, etc. Scary stuff.

I feel like if they had evidence he was connected to another case, especially DNA, his wanted poster would reflect that. But it says the charge is in relation to HG.
Thank you for the reply, Lava.. I'm either paranoid, VA isn't too far from Florida!! Or I really can't bare the thought of multiple sickos hurting innocent girls.. I'm very much holding Hannah and her family close to my heart tonight..

If any DNA matched from the known rape, it would also match for Morgan's murder. He would be wanted for murder, Imo.

Sex trafficking is not even on my "spidey senses"... Sincerely doubt it and personally get annoyed by the distraction of the idea. But rock on with your ideas.... I certainly don't know everything.

You're correct we don't KNOW but do you really think they would be that reckless? It's not like this is some backwood redneck sheriff the FBI and tons of agencies are involved. And if you compare their behavior to typical LE behavior I feel like its been obvious that the had something with substance on the guy.

Unfortunately, I've seen too many case where yes LE is reckless. I do compare them to other LE and that is why I have my suspicions. I don't believe Longo has been typical at all, but that is just my opinion. I think it says a lot that the DA was hesitant over the weekend to agree with him, and that there is this "lesser" charge of attempt right now. It almost feels like the DA is saying "Okay, give it a shot, but you still need more".

BBM

Thank you.

It makes no sense that a trafficking ring would target an upper middle class white girl like Hannah. Can someone post a link w/ a similar victim? I would think that even criminals know that certain victims get media circuses and tons of resources...big risk to abduct one of them.

Vulnerable, alone, pretty, young girl running with no buddies at 1am.............spells target. JMO

The Virginia Court made the following holding:

When the Commonwealth of Virginia charges a defendant with abduction with intent to defile under Va. Code Ann. § 18.2-48, it has the burden of proving that the defendant: (1) abducted the complaining witness; and (2) did so with the specific intent to defile. The elements of the offense of abduction with intent to defile are separate and distinct from the elements of attempted rape. Attempted rape includes the intent to engage in sexual intercourse with a female victim. Abduction with intent to defile requires an intent to sexually molest a victim of any sex. The terms “defile” and “sexually molest” are interchangeable within the meaning of § 18.2-48. Sexual molestation, while including sexual intercourse, also embraces many acts which are distinct from sexual intercourse. Va. Code Ann. § 18.2-67.10(6).

BBM

Interesting charge without a victim present. I wonder if a article of HG's clothing was found in the car or apt. and that is the basis for the charge or her bodily fluids on his clothing or hers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes