VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling that even if they get this guy he isn't going to do a lot of talking. Hopefully forensics will speak instead JMO

I have no confidence that I can break through your ironclad position regarding this case. I won't even try. We will just have to agree to disagree. :)

Wow...I didn't see that at all! I mean...what have they shared with the public? The videos...and that they executed search warrants (Which we already knew, because media was on the scene!). That was about it. People were saying they were happy with his enthusiasm, which isn't the same as "open". There are a ton of cases out there where we have been given hoards more than that info.

I would love to know! We have talked about what we THINK, but I don't think anyone knows.

"§ 18.2-48. Abduction with intent to extort money or for immoral purpose.

Abduction (i) of any person with the intent to extort money or pecuniary benefit, (ii) of any person with intent to defile such person, (iii) of any child under sixteen years of age for the purpose of concubinage or prostitution, (iv) of any person for the purpose of prostitution, or (v) of any minor for the purpose of manufacturing child *advertiser censored* shall be punishable as a Class 2 felony. If the sentence imposed for a violation of (ii), (iii), (iv), or (v) includes a term of confinement less than life imprisonment, the judge shall impose, in addition to any active sentence, a suspended sentence of no less than 40 years. This suspended sentence shall be suspended for the remainder of the defendant's life subject to revocation by the court.

(Code 1950, § 18.1-38; 1960, c. 358; 1966, c. 214; 1975, cc. 14, 15; 1993, c. 317; 1997, c. 747; 2006, cc. 853, 914; 2011, c. 785.)

https://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-48"

this does not sound like rape or murder to me.

I have no confidence that I can break through your ironclad position regarding this case. I won't even try. We will just have to agree to disagree. :)

This isn't a matter of opinion though lol. I am legitimately asking, what more have they given us to be called "open"??

"§ 18.2-48. Abduction with intent to extort money or for immoral purpose.

Abduction (i) of any person with the intent to extort money or pecuniary benefit, (ii) of any person with intent to defile such person, (iii) of any child under sixteen years of age for the purpose of concubinage or prostitution, (iv) of any person for the purpose of prostitution, or (v) of any minor for the purpose of manufacturing child *advertiser censored* shall be punishable as a Class 2 felony. If the sentence imposed for a violation of (ii), (iii), (iv), or (v) includes a term of confinement less than life imprisonment, the judge shall impose, in addition to any active sentence, a suspended sentence of no less than 40 years. This suspended sentence shall be suspended for the remainder of the defendant's life subject to revocation by the court.

(Code 1950, § 18.1-38; 1960, c. 358; 1966, c. 214; 1975, cc. 14, 15; 1993, c. 317; 1997, c. 747; 2006, cc. 853, 914; 2011, c. 785.)

https://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-48"

this does not sound like rape or murder to me.

Yes, but what evidence would lead them here?

I'm not sure someone who pushed people on trolleys to and from an OR will get anywhere near "knock out drugs". They certainly wouldn't here in the UK. Porters (as we call them) hand patients over to OR nurses way before any anaesthetics are administered and don't collect the patients until surgery is over and the patient needs transported back to a ward.

No I didn't mean that but he would be in contact with others who might know what common items could be used as such

Yes, I realize this. Certainly there are also cases, Casey Anthony comes to mind, where too much was released too soon.

Florida has Sunshine laws, which makes available a lot more information for public scrutiny. That wasn't a decision LE made
regarding her case.

I thought he was very open on why he had to be vague at this point lol.

Personally, I don't think this has to do with trafficking or money. I think this originated with the intent of sexual gratification on JM's part. I think he saw her as vulnerable, seized the moment, and something ended up very bad. jmo of course. But I think its as cut and dry as that.

Yes, you're right. I forgot a word there - middle class. And exactly, it's via a grooming process, or selling immigrants whose families owe the trafficker money, not abducting a chick off the street.

Or corrupt behavior. That's true too. But when comparing the volume of convictions each year to those later proved wrongful, it's unlikely that they are barking up the wrong tree here. This doesn't fit the profile of that kind of case either - pressured confession or faulty witness testimony.

a woman from Arlington Tx, kidnapped in broad daylight & sold in to prostitution. I'm not sure what class she was, but she had an SUV

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...ight-on-hidden-crime-of-human-trafficking.ece

"What happened to the Arlington woman is not unprecedented, but kidnapping people to force them into prostitution is uncommon, experts say"

Amen! I wish there was a way to block any post using the words "sex-trafficking," "ISIS"(yeah, someone suggested it!), "WG could have done it" and of course "latex gloves."

May I suggest just ignoring those posts? Because there is a good chance we have all posted something that others feel that same way about - yourself included. We can't all appreciate every topic or opinion held here, IMO. We can however learn to be a wee bit more tolerant of others. Just a thought. :peace:

Show me evidence of all these cases of abducted white, middle class girls who are not a runaways or street kids or non-English speaking immigrants from a third world or Eastern European country.

I worked for the federal public defender briefly. They handle huge volumes of sex trafficking cases. Never saw one like this. Not one. Hannah Graham is not the type of gal who is trafficked in America. Not via a sex trafficking ring.

Yeah, but haven't you seen the movie "Taken?" I'm kidding of course. I'm with you on this one. I really wish people would get off it, it makes this thread unbearable at times. The odds are so infinitely small that this is the case and unfortunately, the "intent to defile" thing seems to have people think that that's the legal term for kidnapping someone against their will, ship them away and then have them defiled by rich guys in other countries.

Florida has Sunshine laws, which makes available a lot more information for public scrutiny. That wasn't a decision LE made
regarding her case.

I know. It was simply a statement acknowledging the other poster's position that there is good reason for LE to withhold information when they are not obligated to release it.

I have a feeling that even if they get this guy he isn't going to do a lot of talking. Hopefully forensics will speak instead JMO

"Forensics; the voice for the innocent victims of the silent epidemic of the missing/murdered"...

Or.........they got something back that doesn't look good for making the case against Jesse Matthew.

I think it's very interesting that Longo's tone has changed. I definitely think they got something that looks bad for Hannah back today. Asking about people still keeping up the search seemed to be an after thought. Jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member